ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

The best thing about Washington Square is that it leads to MacDougal and then Bleecker. That's MY part of town. Midtown can eat a d*ck.

Reactions: HUBER
If everyone did the Barry Sanders’ “hand the ball to the ref”, what would people complain about?

Having characters in sports is definitely terrible, as robotic, emotionless players are my type of sports…

When Jordan held the ball and cried after his dad died and he won the title, I broke my tv with my remote I was so mad.

Brooks inherited Claude’s mess so his W’s are insignificant. We couldn’t give that job away and he breathed some life to the program, and damn if he didn’t end up posting some big W’s.
You still have any of those "Rich Brooks farewell tour" shirts you made before the 2007 season?

My dream is to get a chubby white PG who is a mixture of Brian Cardinal and Robbie Avila appearance wise and plays all four years and plays like Scoonie Penn/Khalid El Amin/Patrick Sparks hybrid.
I hated the fuk out of Brian Cardinal. One of my least favorite basketball players ever.

-I will not stand for slander of Rich F*cking Brooks. Get real. Dude showed up to the biggest dumpster fire of a shit stain program in the country. Gave us a new identity and set us on a trajectory of respectable football.

-Discord is a tough follow. Shesh. Reminds of old school Peegs.

-Kinda odd UK/UL folks thinking they're getting any of Cal's former players or recruits. Come on.

-Is Trilly saying we gave JQ 750k already OR we guaranteed him 750k for the commitment?

-KPP showed out this weekend. That was sweet. Hopefully the program continues to build, the long time loyalist deserve it.

-That being said, why would you pitch to Moore after he's already hit to bombs? Put one between his shoulders and move along.

-All the new "insiders" got their feelings hurt this weekend by Matt's tweet. True though. Really odd how many popped up overnight. Almost seems like the same person doing all the accounts.

-I can 2nd the Shogun recommendation. So far, really good. Plus that lead actress is SMOKE.

-New Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer 😲 Caint Wait.

Last edited:
*Coach Rich Brooks is a damn hero. Nothing negative about that dude needs to be said. He took over a pile of shit, with very little resources from the University, and made UK football respectable.

*PRP alumni day on Saturday. I got to see a lot of people I haven't seen in quite a few years. Weather was great, field was immaculate, and PRP beat Lexington Catholic 11-0 in 5 innings.

After the game, we heard him tell his team, "You got your wish. You sucked enough for the game to end early and you can get to the UK game. That's all you all talked about all day."

However, he made them run for 20 minutes before letting them go 😆

Afterwards, we gave the LC coach a ton of shit. I graduated with the guy so it was fun rubbing having a bunch of us rubbing his nose in it.

*Reverse seared prime beef tenderloins on the Traeger last night. 8.5/10.

*I bought a Keenland pass for the spring meet and haven't been once. Depending on weather, I may make a trip down Friday.

*It's amazing how many people I know that's flipping bourbon. I can never get lucky enough to find the bottles with high resale values.

*IMO, Roosters is still the king of chicken wings.

*Scottie Scheffler is on another level. Amazing what he's doing right now.

*Looks like it's only Thurby this year, which is fine. I'll get oiled up enough in the Turf Club I won't care to go to Derby.

@bradyjames

Not sure if you remember this, but back when you did your football ticket giveaways, I won one of them. I was 15 or 16 at the time and it was to the 2007 Louisville game. My dad and I went. You gave us tickets, gas money, and put us up in a hotel that weekend. You also gave me a #19 Keenan Burton jersey that I still have somewhere.

Of course, we know how the rest goes. My dad and I saw Stevie get loose and watched everyone storm the field. It was a hell of a game that I will remember forever. It was right in that timeframe where I was finally getting really hooked on UK football and that weekend sealed it. My dad and I still talk about it all the time. Thank you, seriously.

I say all that to say...anyone dogging Rich Brooks can F right off.

@bradyjames

Not sure if you remember this, but back when you did your football ticket giveaways, I won one of them. I was 15 or 16 at the time and it was to the 2007 Louisville game. My dad and I went. You gave us tickets, gas money, and put us up in a hotel that weekend. You also gave me a #19 Keenan Burton jersey that I still have somewhere.

Of course, we know how the rest goes. My dad and I saw Stevie get loose and watched everyone storm the field. It was a hell of a game that I will remember forever. It was right in that timeframe where I was finally getting really hooked on UK football and that weekend sealed it. My dad and I still talk about it all the time. Thank you, seriously.

I say all that to say...anyone dogging Rich Brooks can F right off.
I had forgotten but so glad you reminded me of it. The 2006/2007 seasons meant so much because we had really sucked for so long. Just wanted some other father/sons to have the same experience.

Really appreciate you reminding me of this. I think your name is Cody. If so, you turned out to be a pretty good kid.

- Spent Saturday and Sunday breaking my back with manual labor. New LED landscape lighting all around the compound. Excavated an area in the back and started laying 16"x16" slabs for a smoking (pellet smoker) section, and at the recommendation of green thumb @Geese Feeder, got a half dozen Skip Laurels and Eastern Snowball Viburnum added to the scenery.

Worth it, but never been so happy to be behind the desk on a Monday 💀

- Can the GYERO brass step in and keep Toots away from the Pope's? TIA

Would be doing her a favor from disgracing herself and by proxy the fanbase with an intervention or better yet, outright alienation. Someone called her a leech, and no analogy has ever been more appropriate.

- Second year at Matt Winn's for Thurby. Heck of a setup, all-inclusive booze and set but outstanding menu. And gallery outdoor viewing at the finish line is ️‍🔥.

- Smoked a 3# beef tenderloin and feel that's as close to an edible heaven as you can get and still remain PG-13.

- Bloodbath in the market last week. Rates unchanged for the foreseeable future despite initially claiming multiple cuts in '24. Guess we aren't out of the economic nightmare forest yet.

- I gave up on following recruiting when Cal had it humming and back then, you had about 10 guys to follow, knowing we'd land 4-6....

...no clue how anyone can follow/predict the movements of almost 900 ( 🙄 ) players in the portal. How you remedy that without making them employees of the university or signing contracts, which then opens the door to trades and likely a draft, no clue? But it needs to be figured out with a quickness as this phase is unsustainable for the sport.

- Derby week weather in the 70's/low 80's so despite potential rain, pretty solid.

Last edited:
Good week in Lex, climaxed with the Friday KPP win.

Had drinks at Elwood hotel bar and had a convo with a chubby, orange-clad Vol fan prior to game. Truly reminded me of that Junior and Lulu pic. Smug stupid bitch.

Saturday yielded a bottle of Old Fitz 13 VVS (1999 distillate) Saturday morning in Bardstown. That 41-year yac bottle is amazeballs.

I just missed on several races at Keeneland. Another few days and I would have the meet dialed in. Oh well.

Reactions: stuway
We're two weeks into this and Malone's dinner menu still has Coach Cal's Chicken and The Calipari on the menu. Bruce and Brian need to get on that.

Ruby's already has a Pope Sushi Roll to go with the Stoops and Palumbo (🤢) Rolls

Louisville peeps/Or anyone else in the know:

I really want to take a personal day and go up to watch the Derby horses work/gallop from the backstretch one morning. What is the best way to go about doing that? Seems like 10-12 years ago, you could just maybe show up and work your way onto the backstretch. I'm worried that it's a little more complicated now.

We're two weeks into this and Malone's dinner menu still has Coach Cal's Chicken and The Calipari on the menu. Bruce and Brian need to get on that.

Ruby's already has a Pope Sushi Roll to go with the Stoops and Palumbo (🤢) Rolls
They just started ordering it from Tyson

2024 Horsey and Hooch rundown:

- Landed in Lex Thurs afternoon and the weather was so perfect. By the time we passed the first farm, I was ready to move. Seeing grassy hills all prim and proper was a much needed to soak in.

- Popped in KSBar and had a nice meal of food with the Mrs. Burger/fries and one of the local IPA's. Lovely spot. Well done, Mr. KSR.

- Bluegrass Distillery, RD1, some Firehouse themed spot for lunch behind RD1 (another cool spot), Whisky Thief. WT was unreal. Bourbon slushie for this guy. All that brown water tastes the same to me but not difficult to figure out why it's so popular. Hope there's a Downhome on the tour next time.

- Keeneland all day Saturday. Weather was near perfect. I mean, I was colder than shit because I have pussy Florida blood now but didn't phase the lassies. As mentioned, about race 8 I was looking out for one of our guys that was probably passed out. Just chilling and Pope walks by with some sheriffs. About a race later came back down with Amari and got a CATS cheer.

The first time seeing a horsey race and that moment with Pope walking by - gatdamn made the trip worth it right there.

- Bookstore yesterday and was in heaven. Wife asked me why I wanted to go by and walked in she got it. Got me some hats, t-shirt and a pullover.

- BIL just crushed it for us. Set everything up and had a couple of his college buddies in town with us. The bar he built in the basement is pretty f'ing badass. We went pretty hard for some olds down there and about town.

- Don't know why but after a brutally long day of just getting home, was wired until about 1 am. Feel like a zombie still.

- Pool is full. Irrigation guys finishing their part right now. My manual work for the next few weekends with pressure washing everything in sight, resodding the yard, getting A/V outside and general just figure out some of these things we wouldn't have thought of is going to be welcomed. I say that now but am pretty excited to just get back outside and doing mindless work.

- Hired a new PM a few weeks ago. Weird dude. Seems to work hard but also carries around laminated certifications that he pulled out from his backpack while doing some travel with my boss. Looks like he came from a halfway house but so far, he's putting the work in.

- Back to the grind.

Young Will (“Does shaving really work?”) becoming a connected UK basketball insider is not something I would have ever predicted. But here we are.
Indeed. But let's not forget "window pisser tommy" growing up and becoming a political player. I get a lump in my throat, when I think of how far the GYERO youth have come.

While I, OTOH, seem to be regressing.

To wit; I've decided I'm taking some time off from, you know, working. (I'm taking a break to get to know myself. I might go to Amsterdam) On a related note, my tolerance is either totally gone, or these commercial vape pens are ridiculously strong.

Thinking about finally getting around to writing that book. A memoir

Might run for Georgetown city council LOL (the entertainment value would be off the charts)

Last edited:
How do text books even work in college? I figured it would just be digital on an ipad or something.

Is David Lynch still directing? I'm going on record, that when the film is made, that is my choice to direct. It would have been Bergman, but he's dead.

It's a damn shame that Wodie will never see it.

Reactions: CAT Scratch FVR
My first job out of college was as a software engineer for none other than Wallace's College Book Company.

No matter how big of a scam you think college textbooks are, you'd be shocked if you really knew. It's worse than even the most cynical of you can imagine.

You know, given the time range I worked there, and average age amongst the GYERO members, it's fair to say that I directly contributed to f***ing several of you all out of money. Just because we could... LOL

Last edited:
- With the return of Slice, I just wanted to say that I am still here too. I still read the thread pretty much every day.

- The Calipari thing was weird for me. He was the coach for literally half of my life and is the only coach at Kentucky who had reached a final four in my lifetime that I can actually remember. But I am a huge Kentucky dork who has rewatched the VHS recording of the '98 Duke game that my parents a ton and obviously realize the history before my times. The past few years I certainly leaned more towards the "Bitch Bus" side of GYERO and am extremely glad we're onto a new era. It is still really awkward to me that Cal is no longer the coach though since it hasn't been that way in so long, relative to my actual lifetime.

- Slice and I both turned 30 (😳) within the past year. Much to the chagrin of GYERO, I am married and have a two year old and a ten-month old. It is insanely cool watching them grow and learn little stuff every day. An underrated thing I now miss though - being able to be hungover and self-loathing for an entire day without having to care for another human.

- I lived up in Indy for about 4 years after graduation. People on here shit on it all the time, but I didn't think it was a bad place to live. Downtown area is really accessible and and walkable with a lot of fun spots. Liked going to Bankers Life (or whatever it's called now) to watch the Pacers. Was also convenient for going to the 2018 Champions Classic to watch us get shellacked by Zion and Duke.

- Made Cubanos last weekend for the Masters using the Mojo Pork recipe from the Chef Show. Definitely my favorite cooking show (although I do have a sweet spot for the Pioneer Woman.) Need another season with Chef Roy. Worship.

- Almost done having our basement finished. Don't know what I'll enjoy more: our three TV set up or not having my wife point out all of the paint drips that need to be touched up by our contractors when we go down every single day.

- Hope everybody is doing well in here.

^ Solid set of randoms, whoever that is.

Interesting to hear from the next generation of UK fans. For me I joined BBN when Magliore signed, since I idolized him as a kid up here. My prime years were Rick and Tubby, and I took a break by the time I had 3 kids under 5 and we were the burger boy fun and done factory.

@HymanKaplan - I ran for city council in 2022 as a non politically affiliated person in my city of almost half a million. Shewwww was that ever an experience. If you do decide to go for it, do it once you have your financial backing and a campaign plan in place would be my advice, and get as many volunteers as you can.

Interesting thoughts from Danny Hurley that may give a little more insight as to why he said no to us despite the bag upon bags being offered:

^ Solid set of randoms, whoever that is.

Interesting to hear from the next generation of UK fans. For me I joined BBN when Magliore signed, since I idolized him as a kid up here. My prime years were Rick and Tubby, and I took a break by the time I had 3 kids under 5 and we were the burger boy fun and done factory.

@HymanKaplan - I ran for city council in 2022 as a non politically affiliated person in my city of almost half a million. Shewwww was that ever an experience. If you do decide to go for it, do it once you have your financial backing and a campaign plan in place would be my advice, and get as many volunteers as you can.
Wonder what tommy is doing next year. LOL

It was mostly joking, but if I ever DID run, it wouldn't be with the intention of winning. I'd mainly be interested in becoming a nuisance during the campaign. Yard Signs - The Clown: WiTF not? etc.

I am a true Renaissance Slacker.

So, with regard to tort reform, I'm going to go ahead and put Max down as a hard NO...

I sense my post limit is nearing, so I'm out for awhile.

Reactions: roguemocha and NW50
Gatewood Galbraith was an absolute legend. He was essentially a 3rd party/independent candidate his whole career, ran for every office imaginable, had significantly more success than could ever be expected, was a total pain in the neck to most elected officials, and also did it in a way that he was universally loved by voters and politicians alike -- even the ones he campaigned against.

I could absolutely see Chester Hyman being "that guy."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT