ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

- Really excited for little league baseball season. No practices so far due to weather or spring break and my guy is 10/12 with the 2 outs being hits that a defense made solid plays on. Kid is to the moon and back in love with baseball asking to go to pro games or anything where he can watch.

- I love the NBA Playoffs. Lots of young stars chance to shine. Lots of intriguing matchups too.

I think Tatum/Brown finally break thru and win it all but really interested in Maxey vs the Villanova Knicks, Paolo’s first playoffs, and how far the Mavs can go now that they have a Wildcat in the fold.

- Smoking a brisket this week for my NFL Draft crew which could be an all timer since Thursday will almost assuredly be my last day at my current employer and no real responsibility the day after.

- When it comes to sandwiches there are plenty of easy go to’s but nothing beats a good Italian sandwich IMO. Morris Deli crushes.

- Love the spring cool crisp weather in the AM with comfortable temps midafternoon/night. I get the sports in the fall playing a role as why it’s probably best season, but give me the spring time all/air.

- Joined HOB after a 10 year hiatus. Nice midafternoon then night time update groove they have gotten into for this coaching and recruiting season.

- Spring Cleaning and our garage is a disaster. Be glad to hang out there all day trying to figure out how EVERYTHING is in the wrong place even though we barely use any of the stuff that makes it a wreck.

- Go Cats!

Couple few randoms Saturday afternoon edition:

- big fan of what Toronto has done to Rogers centre based on what I see on tv. Went from an 80s concrete behemoth to something that actually looks like a ballpark. Going on June 1 to see it in person.

- finally got around to watching the white men can’t jump reboot. The black dude can’t act worth a shit, but Jack Harlow is a natural. Pretty funny that they had him as a washed up former Gonzaga player, and their over emphasis 1970s double ACL surgery scars are a little over the top. Solid flick overall.

- I’m going to sound 40 when I say this but I can’t get behind new rap at all. I like Marlon Craft but not much else is sticking to me. MOP >>>>>> Juice WRLD 100x over.

- Have a nice little routine going with the oldest, who is almost 11. Take her to math tutoring on Saturday morning and I get in a workout at the gym in the same building and then we get lunch together.

- Haven’t followed GYERO for quite a few years, as mentioned. But I ended up finding a guy through Twitter from Louisville that despite being a Cincy fan is a great author on food, drink, sports, and dad shit. Pay $60 a year for his 3 x a week newsletter. @actioncookbook on Twitter if anyone doesn’t already know of him and want to check it out. Apologies if it’s old news for you locals.

-Forgot it’s 4/20 until I got an email from my dispo this morning.

50% off everything, couldn’t care less about 4/20 but I’ll take a total of an ounce and 7 different flavors for $150, yes please.

-That new Drake is really good though.

Juice Wrld has some great addiction songs for addicts on hiatus like me. Helps listening actually, like a LOT.

Besides a few, I agree, new rap just isn’t for me for 95% of what I hear.

-Said this before about spring cleaning, but worth repeating. We all keep WAY TOO much stuff. My Appalachian family obviously keeps EVERYTHING and I’ve had to clean out 4 storage units from the deceased that my other family members wanted to keep it all while I’m tossing everything in the dump minus a few things.

-Tatum never gets one in my opinion, bro is soft and not a killer imo. Brunson is that guy though.

-Have recently found out how much middle-American dad is willing to dole out to workout at home with online coaching and workouts… WOW! Makes me rethink being an online coach lol.

These subscriptions are WILD. $150-$1000+/month depending on if they want a daily affirmation, recipes, nutritional information, meal plan, etc.

Heck if you started meal prepping FOR them it could be lucrative as hell.

-Also, someone mentioned the other day, NW50 maybe, that shitting yourself was one of the 3 worst feelings as a grown man…

Well, if you gym like me, you have separate gym and reg underwear because the gym draws are not for other 👀, my man. Squats alone (let’s not even start talking Bulgarians yet) are enough to end that talk.

That is different than actually shitting yourself though.

Fascinating.
Thanks man, I thought so too. I would’ve like to read the 59th person’s opinion on the Pope hire and how it will affect NIL/recruiting/scheduling/chemistry etc but I figured it could wait.

Nothing like reading dozens of opinions and maybes/what-if’s on subjects that won’t be decided for another month. Just adding in some boring Saturday content.

But your post was definitely on point, good post, provided info, continued the conversation and added to it today, so I thank you for being worse than me.

My wife got me and my son tickets to the Louisville FC game so we could watch the air show and Thunder. Turns out it was a women’s game. My son explained to me that we’re actually watching Louisville Racing and they’re in the Premier League of women’s soccer whereas Louisville FC men’s is the minors. I don’t know about all that but they ran out of food by halftime, which seems pretty minor league to me.

There are Tranny flags all over the place and my section smells like weed. Soccer sucks.

Edit: it is pretty bad ass seeing F-35s whiz by when the game is going on.

Last edited:
Thanks man, I thought so too. I would’ve like to read the 59th person’s opinion on the Pope hire and how it will affect NIL/recruiting/scheduling/chemistry etc but I figured it could wait.

Nothing like reading dozens of opinions and maybes/what-if’s on subjects that won’t be decided for another month. Just adding in some boring Saturday content.

But your post was definitely on point, good post, provided info, continued the conversation and added to it today, so I thank you for being worse than me.
Cool.

May your gym drawers stay shit free.

Edit 2: it was also pretty bad ass when our gal who is missing an arm put a perfect cross for a goal on a header. Quality of play is much higher than expected.

Reactions: roguemocha
Perfect Saturday :

~ Spring Fling at school got the kiddos busting ass all morning.
~ Came home with time to get the yard done.
~ Scored brownie points with the missus by repairing the HVAC (maintenance is due /noHVACking)
~ Smash burgers on the grill.
~ Cold pour # 3 going down so smooth.
~ Recruiting on the upswing.
~ Bat cats rolling.
~ Gummie in 45 minutes.
~ Canes win game 1.

Damn, hope springs eternal gang.

- Rogers Centre is definitely trying to become more of a ballpark. Went to a game there last summer and you could tell that it's made great strides in that department. Concourses are still a little cramped, but you don't feel like you're in a spaceship, which is what I was afraid of. They kept the roof open the entire time, which allowed us to watch people rappelling from the side of the CN Tower next door.

- The price I paid last night for upper deck seats to watch the Phils/D-backs in Philly is the exact same price I just paid for lowers to go see my Guardians at GABP a week earlier. Elly Bobblehead Night FTW.

- Got my annual Spring Sunburn at a Kid's Sporting Event out of the way. Feels kinda good, actually.

- If you're in the Lexington/Frankfort area and free this Friday night, check out a show I've put together at the Thoroughbred Theatre in Midway. Mark Chalifoux is a great comic from Cincinnati, and the opener, Lee Kimbrell, has been on tour with Theo Von all spring. Two really strong comics for $25 in a cool little venue. First two shows we've done there have sold out, and if this one has a strong turnout, we'll keep doing them.

- I'm really glad Karter Knox isn't gonna be a CAT.

She should’ve tried getting it from Anchor Industries. They would have it in her size and big enough for her humble bragging.

Have gotten my legs back in shape walking spoil banks hunting morels. Was tough climbing hills and walking sideways 10 hours a day the first few times. Probably the last week for finding them then it’s back to fishing and getting the upper body and arms caught up. Why go to the gym when you can get fast results having fun in nature. Plus you can get good food and a clear mind as a bonus while doing it.

UKO, you keep talking big picture but spend all your time bitching and being wrong on everything. Maybe make some plans that involve life threatening situations and you might just get humbled enough to enjoy the little things in life. There’s nothing wrong admitting you’re a miserable person then taking a header off an Interstate overpass. Would make being in a coma on life support something you would look forward to doing. Now that’s a big picture everyone here would get and support.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT