ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

How much more talent do you need than having future NBA players as reserves for 15 years?

Calipari's fall at Kentucky is really the stuff of Greek tragedy. In February of 2014, he looked like he was coming after K as the preeminent coach of the next ten years. Now he's at Arkansas getting a money bukkake from Jerry Jones and the chicken guy to go recruit tons of talent and achieve mediocre results.

I always thought the dementia speculation was bush league, tbh, and wish people wouldn't do it but it sure looks like *something* is up with the guy and he changed and is no longer the superstar he was.

John Calipari was posed to be the unquestioned king of college basketball's future and now he's a joke. Honestly, it is just really sad. And that's all I'm going to say about his time at Kentucky for quite a while. I hope we beat him by a billion every game and we all wear Earned Not Given t-shirts.
Hank, don't beat around the bush. Tell us how you really feel.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
One week out of the hospital:

- So my son never actually got *sick*. We noticed in the last month or two that he had started eating more than normal and drinking a lot of water/peeing. I chalked it up to a growth spurt of a 4 and 1/2 year old, my wife was quietly concerned about it. While we were in Augusta he stayed with my MIL and she made a comment noticing the same thing and while we were on the way back she said he peed the bed, which hasn’t happened in 2+ years.

- At that point wife is convinced he’s diabetic the whole way home and I’m trying to remain optimistic. We get home, unpack, I run to pick up our daughter from school and my wife runs him to the pediatrician. We were in the ER by 5 pm and his blood sugar was 500+ after not eating since lunch.

- We were in the hospital from about midnight Tuesday night until after lunch Friday, so the entire time we were without a basketball coach. I attempted to keep up with everything during the down time but between the emotional swings and all of the information that was being thrown at us it was impossible.

- @krazykats I just want to say that your post was the first beacon of hope I had. Someone with the experience telling me it would be better was what I needed was the most important thing because at the time it felt impossible. Since then we've had a number of other people reach out to us too that we never know were diabetic.

- The only thing I knew coming in about diabetics is you get lots of shots. Thankfully the technology for blood sugar and insulin has come a long way and before long we'll just put readers/pumps on his every few days but for right now were going through 11 needles a day.

- What I didn't realize is how much math goes into insulin. Every single carb he eats has to be accounted for and basically has to be placed into an algebra problem along with his blood sugar level before he eats.

- Doctors told us to let him eat whatever he wants for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and just correct it with insulin but go ZERO carbs for his snacks to avoid unneeded shots. Something I've learned during this week is that leaves you very limited, zero sugar and zero net carbs does not mean zero carbs. Snacks now consist of string cheese, cheddar pork rinds, turkey, and zero sugar jell-o. Zero sugar whipped cream has also been a God send when he wants something sweet.

- I've been blessed enough with a job and a boss that has let me stay home and work when I need to from home these first couple weeks to get life back to normal. My wife only worked part time so we made the decision for her to leave her job, at least until he started Kindergarten in August, to take care of him and not place everything on her mother but when she went to tender her resignation her boss told her to bring home a computer and printer and work as many or as little hours as she wants because even a little bit helped them. We were blown away.

- Tuesday after an emotional day of friends and family blessing us waaaaay more than we deserve I got in insurance letter stating that my our stay in the hospital wasn't going to be covered because it wasn't "medically necessary" and I probably hit rock bottom worse than any point in my life. Ultimately after talking to the hospital it seems like its a paperwork issue and everything would be covered like normal but some lady at BC&BS got to hear me yell at her a lot. Baffling they would send out a letter like that that quickly though.

- Life is somewhat back to normal again but it's basically like bringing home a newborn again. Scheduled feedings, waking up in the middle of the night to check him, making sure you have a bag of stuff every time you leave the house, etc.

Sorry for the wall of text but it's cathartic to get it all out. If you read everything you're probably a better person than I am.

Now lets start actually fielding a basketball team.
Your family will be put on our GOD KNOWS LIST, praying for your family 3

What’s with the baseball team’s pussy hats?

My kid was in the inflatable thunderdome at KPP all night. Nice win for Ming.

Reactions: rudd1
For pure 90s basketball nostalgia, I give you this. In retrospect, Angola was not as bad as I remembered. Also, if you watch at 22:35, Magic does a 360 spin move to toss an over the head / no look pass to Bird for a 3, which of course he made. Just a thing of absolute beauty.

So, yeah, bring on some denim, pagers, and no effing internet. This old boy is 100% down.

Last edited:
For pure 90s basketball nostalgia, I give you this. In retrospect, Angola was not as bad as I remembered. Also, if you watch at 22:35, Magic does a 360 spin move to toss an over the head / no look pass to Bird for a 3, which of course he made. Just a thing of absolute beauty.

So, yeah, bring on some denim, pagers, and no effing internet. This old boy is 100% down.

5 minute highlight version.

Elly is top 10 in MLB in OPS, Slugging, Homers, Runs, and Stolen Bases. He’s only 22.

Is that good?

(fyi he’s *not* top 10 in Ks)

Fyi...he's 7th in K's in NL.

He was 2-17 with 8 K's before last night. Great game, which he seems to have once a week and in between his awful performances. So yeah, until he shows consistent numbers, you need to pump the brakes. Hurting the team 8 out of 10 games isn't good, contrary to your woefully terrible baseball knowledge.

Big picture. Learn it.

-Listened to half of Swifts new album, socks haven’t been knocked off yet.

Post Malone song could’ve been way better, that’s a dream team in 2024.

Down Bad is pretty good though.

Hoping for a couple bangers for the gym, so fat nothing there.

-Bout time for a new (to me) vehicle, hate that because I’m paying cash (payments are 🤢) and in my brain it’s just more cash gone that would’ve been used for a bigger down payment on the SP place.

-I’ll be honest, tough for me to get excited or follow all the possible players next year. I just want a roster, learn it and get ready to roll next year.

I’m excited either way so I’m just trusting we’ll get good guys.

My daughters disagree with your swiftly take, Rogue. Of course, Taylor Swift could record herself taking a shit and my daughters would think it’s the pinnacle of music.

Fyi...he's 7th in K's in NL.

He was 2-17 with 8 K's before last night. Great game, which he seems to have once a week and in between his awful performances. So yeah, until he shows consistent numbers, you need to pump the brakes. Hurting the team 8 out of 10 games isn't good, contrary to your woefully terrible baseball knowledge.

Big picture. Learn it.
Elly's 4 for 9 in his last 3 games?
Statistics. Learn not to cherry-pick.

Last edited:
LOL, wanting a Taylor Swift "banger" for the gym. A grown ass man at that (assuming). Maybe throw some Shania Twain on the gym playlist with it, they will really get the blood pumping.

Reactions: roguemocha
Every single GM, manager, and coach in baseball would give their left nut to have Elly.
He was the #1 overall prospect when he got called up.
He’s top 10 in MLB in a whole slew of offensive categories.
Every single person in the sport raves about him.

And you’ve got one single redneck dipshit getting smacked in the face with evidence he’s a star but just refuses to believe his own lying eyes, despite the fact he’s the best player on his favorite team. What a worthless prick. He’d truly rather be RIGHT, and Elly suck, then be wrong and have him and his “favorite team” succeed.

Great game, which he seems to have once a week and in between his awful performances. So yeah, until he shows consistent numbers, you need to pump the brakes. Hurting the team 8 out of 10 games isn't good, contrary to your woefully terrible baseball knowledge.

I'm truly curious when you think this happened....

4/19 = 2-4, 1 hr, 3 rbi, 3 sb
4/17 = 1-3, 1 hr, 1 rbi
4/16 = 1-2, 2 bb
4/15 = 0-4
4/14 = 0-5
4/13 = 0-3, 1 bb
4/12 = 2-4, 1 hr, 3 rbi, 1 bb
4/10 = 2-3, 1 hr, 1 rbi
4/9 = 1-4, 1 2b, 1 rbi
4/8 = 3-4, 2 hr, 2 rbi, 1 sb
4/7 = 0-2, 1 bb, 2 sb
4/6 = 1-3, 2 rbi, 1 bb, 1 sb

Was this recently? Because I can't find evidence of it online.

Can we talk about how bad #1 prospect Jackson Holliday has been since they called him up? We ALL can agree on that.

And you’ve got one single redneck dipshit getting smacked in the face with evidence he’s a star but just refuses to believe his own lying eyes, despite the fact he’s the best player on his favorite team. What a worthless prick. He’d truly rather be RIGHT, and Elly suck, then be wrong and have him and his “favorite team” succeed.

UKO = Calipari

Went to GABP last night and Elly is just electric. He plays with such joy, even the other team looks like they’re watching him instead of purely defending. You could feel that 3 run bomb coming before he got to the plate. Slugging slumps be damned, the kid is a bonafide star and I will hear no Elly slander.

Mike Trout has NO ONE around him on the Angels. It’s a little sad, honestly.

Got a fairly decent Saturday routine with the girls while momma works. Get from point A-B with the ever increasing Saturday morning activity list, knock out some work when the baby naps, throw in a playground or library visit, and it's straight to cold one city after.

Wife is nearly always incredulous when she comes in and the kids are fine while Dad is enjoying an IPA.

-Feels like Mitch learned his lesson not to f with Billy D again. Hopefully that translates to similar wisdom in the Pope selection. So far so good.

-If there were ever a strategy to get around Jerry Jones punkass throwing money at players we are after it would be what they're doing. The Norlander report that we had talked to every single top level transfer 😅. Try keeping up with that f boi.

-Really want that Oregon St RB. Add him and that's a very high level position for BUSH to operate with next year. He supposedly came in with some recruiting chops so lock this dude down.

Beat the Vols!

@WayneDougan well your daughters just just want slow love songs basically because that’s all I’ve heard.

And yes, I LOVE banging Swift in the headphones at the gym.

Not all of us have to live cookie cutter lives that society has deemed appropriate and acceptable or worry about the Bible Belt’s misplaced ideals of masculinity and what’s “cool” or “manly”.

You know what’s pretty touching manly pal? Doing whatever the TOUCH you want with no regards for others opinion on if it’s cool or manly.

You know what’s some basic bitch, file-in-line, thinking shit?

Thinking you’re too cool for certain colors and types of music and whatnot because everyone around you thinks the same. Grow up.

I did get some great smiles and laughs and a thumbs up from a chick otw to the gym shirtless, tatted to the gils (almost), short shorts, flops and blasting the new album from the speaker on my bike. Those people get it!

-Elly is straight 🔥, any opposing opinion is consciously being obtuse and stubborn. I hate the Reds, I’ve watched plenty of their games solely for HIM.

Reactions: LouisvilleCatFan21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT