ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

The "I don't want a Dukie" is ridiculous, imo. Duke Twitter was devastated yesterday, they absolutely love the dude - saw endless "he's an all timer for me" posts, just given he's been there forever and seems to be a great/selfless kid. Just justify it with yourself that we're taking their beloved player, if we should be so fortunate.

Don't see any other teams/rivals upset taking our guys, that's for damned sure. Kid Averaged 14ps/43% deep last year. Not sure a better resume will pop up for a veteran/leader guard to anchor an entirely new team - would be an incredible pickup.

All good points. Still don’t want him.

Reactions: gobigbluebell
Not sure if you’ve been keeping up with the news lately but AD/Book/KAT/etc went to Arkansas.

The only alum I’d be excited to see on the staff is Rondo. That dude is an elite basketball mind. Would probably be a decent recruiter but honestly his strength is probably x/o.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Orlando Antigua was being used as a saboteur. He just looks like a saboteur.

We’re gonna need some bouncy athletes if you catch my drift. I like that we are targeting every deadeye honky in the portal but last time I checked we still play in the SEC and gonna need some rebounding and rim protection. I’m sure Adou hates us but he’d be a really nice addition.

Ricks guy scooped everyone on UK / Pope connection (per tweet timestamp). Just looking for any info, credible info.

Wonder what the ClubBlue tote board is reading for total contributions since ilPapa came back to town? $4M booster appetizer… wondering what happens to the La Familia windfall of fundage?🤣

Reminder that Shai didn’t start either.

Reactions: NW50
Oscar Combs just posted this gem of a photo.

GLX7TqRW0AINdgY

- Caitlin Clark had a rookie / college card sell for 78k a few days ago. She has also sold out of jersey sales. Maybe she will be the player that brings some attention that leads to merch and ticket sales to the league. At this point though, the league would seize to exist if they paid her what she is worth, which is probably as much as the whole league's salary combined.

Speaking of cards, I am trying to get out of all of my cards currently. I need Levis to have a big year to bring the value of the 1/5 auto I overpaid for. (brady bat signal)

- Obviously reed is who everyone wants, but Roach would be a nice consolation prize. Not many players like him come open.

- Caitlin Clark had a rookie / college card sell for 78k a few days ago. She has also sold out of jersey sales. Maybe she will be the player that brings some attention that leads to merch and ticket sales to the league. At this point though, the league would seize to exist if they paid her what she is worth, which is probably as much as the whole league's salary combined.

Speaking of cards, I am trying to get out of all of my cards currently. I need Levis to have a big year to bring the value of the 1/5 auto I overpaid for. (brady bat signal)

- Obviously reed is who everyone wants, but Roach would be a nice consolation prize. Not many players like him come open.
Sold two Levis cards for $4k the other day. God bless 🇺🇸!

When did they go to Disney? That is the 94-95 team yes?
Yeah that was the only crossover year for everyone in photo. Think it was during the Wooden Classic that year.

Last edited:
I don’t know what the market value is for say a 6th man on an SEC West team is, but if it’s between $25K-75K, and you’re currently only getting $25K you should go to the portal unless you just flat out love your school.

That’s the problem with the way things are structured now. It’s inefficient as hell. And that is going to hurt the players too at some point. The courts have already ruled that schools have to allow unlimited transfers, so you can’t limit it that way. I don’t think there is a way around it except that NIL fund groups perhaps need to structure their contracts with these guys that are backloaded and contingent on staying - but not even sure it’s possible.

Frankly, the NCAA knew what they were doing by keeping it “amateur”.

That card is going to be $18 in a few years. Just like my Tim Couch collection. Lesson learned. Buy low/sell high.
You’ll be eating that post when Levis learns how to quickly move through his professions and read a defense!

Wondering how the status quo is sustainable anywhere. Seems as though boosters will eventually tire of ponying up millions of dollars every year for a payroll.
Some may, but Kentucky will almost assuredly remain steadfast in "doing what it takes" to keep UK Basketball up there. College athletics is now a free market economy. It'll work out like it always does. With systemic inequity, but prosperous for the most amount of people possible (compared to the alternative)

Wondering how the status quo is sustainable anywhere. Seems as though boosters will eventually tire of ponying up millions of dollars every year for a payroll.
I'm not sure how it works but someone will figure out multiyear or performance based deals.

Thesse same coaches got millions and millions on the back of ridiculously unfair rules restricting players for decades. So, let's figure something out that works for both sides.

Frankly, the NCAA knew what they were doing by keeping it “amateur”.

No, the NCAA had 10+ years to see this coming down the pike, and did nothing to get ahead of it. Greasy bureaucrats like Mark Emmert were only worried about taking care of themselves and their buddies.

If the NCAA had any foresight or leadership at all, they would have anticipated this and made at least any effort to implement reasonable regulations with the consent of its member schools.

The NCAA is the real problem here. As it pretty much has been for decades.

No, the NCAA had 10+ years to see this coming down the pike, and did nothing to get ahead of it. Greasy bureaucrats like Mark Emmert were only worried about taking care of themselves and their buddies.

If the NCAA had any foresight or leadership at all, they would have anticipated this and made at least any effort to implement reasonable regulations with the consent of its member schools.

The NCAA is the real problem here. As it pretty much has been for decades.
💯💯💯

Market will adjust itself at some point but in the meantime there’s going to be a lot of guys enter the portal, realize they aren’t worth what they were told and end up losing any and all scholarship opportunities, and their careers will basically be over. Sad!

You’ll be eating that post when Levis learns how to quickly move through his professions and read a defense!
I’ll survive bud. Hope he does become great. But I’m not in the speculation business. For every Tom Brady/Patrick Mahomes/Purdy I can name 50 guys that cards are worthless five years later. Plus can’t wait on him to be able to move through his “professions”.

I’ll survive bud. Hope he does become great. But I’m not in the speculation business. For every Tom Brady/Patrick Mahomes/Purdy I can name 50 guys that cards are worthless five years later. Plus can’t wait on him to be able to move through his “professions”.
C'mon Brady, you know my thoughts on Levis - I think $18 might even be too generous! I was being sarcastic about his ability to start reading defenses and move through his "professions" quickly (not my fault those nerds from Apple spell check progressions because they don't know what they are).

Market will adjust itself at some point but in the meantime there’s going to be a lot of guys enter the portal, realize they aren’t worth what they were told and end up losing any and all scholarship opportunities, and their careers will basically be over. Sad!
Play stupid games win stupid prizes. I don’t feel one bit sorry for any of these kids that decide they want to leave because they are looking for a raise and then find out that they have have overestimated their value. Decisions have consequences so they will have to be able to live with whatever happens. Welcome to real world.

I’m all for NIL and the athletes being compensated in some form but as it is now cannot be a sustainable model. I’d like to think that a “free market” situation will work its way out but there will always be loopholes that will be exploited.

Reactions: wildcatadam6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT