GYERO

Agree with Rogue hugely.

If Wagner doesn't want to be here?

Good.

Bradshaw?

Good.

Ugo?

Good.

Instead of making $300-$400k and developing under exemplary coaching and banging sorority sloots and being treated like a king, you're more than welcome to go undrafted and be Shittier Daniel Orton in the d league, complete with motel 6s and $45k a year after your agent gets theirs, and clipping Dominos coupons.

We have a version of the guy on the other side of the court in Mid March for the last two seasons that coached and developed his players over many years and got them to learn his system, and scouted and game planned his opponents and their weaknesses and beat far superiorly individually talented players.

And we are giving him a rabidly hopeful and supportive fan base and unlimited resources.

Keep Going Jocko Willink GIF by Zulu Pods

Last edited:
PTI assured me that everybody who doesn't make the NBA makes hundreds of thousands a year in the G-League and in Europe.

• Haha
Reactions: justa
PTI assured me that everybody who doesn't make the NBA makes hundreds of thousands a year in the G-League and in Europe.
Speaking of the G-League, congrats I guess to Olivier Sarr and the OKC Blue on their title. He's apparently on a two-way contract, so there's one at least that IS making a nice six-figure income.

Glad that guy is grinding, but here's to hoping we can see a few more guys willing to stay here for multiple years.

Reactions: Col. Angus
If you’re good enough to play at UK under Cal, but not good enough to play in the NBA, you can still make a hell of a lot more money playing basketball than I did at my first job at 23 years old. I know that for damn sure.

Last edited:
Rumors swirling that Jerod Haase could join our staff. Stanford coach who was just fired and is a good defensive coach and recruiter.

This could help with Stojakovic and a couple of his other players (Carlyle was a freshman pg last year who averaged 12/3/3 32% from 3 and Angel who is a senior stretch 4 who averaged 13/5/2 last year and shot 45% from 3.).

Also, KP could end up at Arkansas.

Last edited:
I think I've told this story at some point so apologies if I have, but my Dad died at 53 from complications from a brain tumor. Love of UK was one of those things that was handed down to me and that we shared. His lucid moments were getting fewer at the end to where the only people he recognized were my stepmother and me. Didn't recognize his siblings or my wife. Sitting by his bed at the hospital a couple days before he passed I was reading a paper and he woke up and asked me what I was looking at and I told him it was something about Fitch and Daniels and we have a three minute talk about basketball and he knew exactly what he was talking about. It was maybe the last time we had a conversation.

Things like today don't seem like a big deal to outsiders but it is. It's not the most important thing in the world but it's a big part of it. I appreciate what Cal did but somewhere, we passed a point of no return. It's feels good to have our program back again.
My dad died in 1999 when I was only 16. Watching those 96-98 UK teams are some of my most precious memories with him.

There's a reason so many grown men in Rupp were crying Sunday. This is about more than a game. It's part of who we are.

Normally, in situations like this I always lean the NBA route but I think he has about a 40% chance to return. That’s more of a chance than most think.

I think Pope can sell him on being the #1 pick and NPOY next year in his system playing 36 minutes a game.

In the draft range he's in now, he could end up in a place that he may not be want to go to (Washington, Charlotte and to a lesser extent Toronto and Portland).

If it was so clear cut on what he was gonna do, then he would have already declared. Hopefully his girlfriend intends on staying at UK next year.

I do think Jeff’s experience as a financial advisor hurts us though.

Man, I am still so excited.

Cal was obviously the right guy at the right time. He scored unprecedented talent, raised our national profile, and won us a title. Thank you.

But the pendulum swung too far, so now we all get to witness a rebirth. A revival of UK basketball that gets back to our roots, our core values.

I've commented on my son, who is 22. Cal is all he's really ever known. But for the past 6 years, I've had to tell him this is NOT UK basketball. Now he gets to see it rebuilt from the ground up, and is quickly starting to understand. He's all-in too.

Excited about guys who stay multiple years, and no longer being an NBA farm team. He's had to adjust his thinking, for the better. He's an adult, but it's like watching him learn something entirely new.

Most of y'all have kids way younger, and I'm so glad your kids will be raised with Coach Pope, and real UK values.

And I'm thrilled for the trips that are ahead for my son and me in his 20s.

I guess this post bookends my long post the day after the Oakland game, which is appropriate.

I'm just fng psyched, gang.

😀

-Man that’s beautiful basketball, Big Z is a Big Dumbass

-The rumor that Antigua wanted to stay an assistant at Kentucky but Pope told him he wasnt interested is fantastic

-First offseason I’ve enjoyed in 10 years - hopefully this time next year we’ll be excited about who’s coming back for once

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT