ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

It was an incredible experience live.

Jones touched on it briefly on his "post game call-in show" but the time leading up to the entrance was just as exhilarating. Fans just bouncing around to the music, giddy AF. I kept watching in amazement as the place kept filling up. It was a renewal, like much needed shower to rinse off the previous filth and despair.

When the lights dimmed and they played that Aerosmith 'Dream On' montage, it hit me hard . I looked over and my buddy was tearing up same as me. Sounds silly or whatever, but that's what it means to US...our team.

*Btw if anyone sees that montage posted online, please link it. I hadn't seen that before and it was just amazingly well done.

Last edited:
Wow! That was a cleansing long overdue.

That was a close to a Wrestling promo as you can get. Essentially Pope cut a baby face promo on the stage. Crowd was jacked, Pope was jacked. Bus ride in, Eye in Sky playing…chill bumps.

Interesting but you now are seeing two crime families laying claim to Camelot. Calipari crime fam with Boogie and others saying things, ie Seth Greenberg versus the Pitino crime family sliding back in. Honestly, Pitino’s two minute video clip probably did more than anything to galvanize the base.

Great moment for Travis Perry. Gets offer from Cal after Cal was pressured into giving him one and then accepting the offer when Cal and staff tried to dissuade him from accepting it.

Surreal.

Picked up a childhood buddy and his son who as a kid I went to the Pitino practices with the night before games in Freedom Hall, or Pitino camp with, several games thru the years and the last was the Notre Dame game in Freedom Hall which I think was the last UK game in Louisville paying homage to this segment of the fan base.

That was a life time memory for the kids. The wife went too and she was blown away and even stated “now I kind of get your kraziness with this stuff”. It obviously isn’t just me.

Whole thing was perfect and everything posted so far was the best moment of it until the next moment. But for me it was when Pope said “ I’d like to temper expectations but we don’t do that at Kentucky we’re here to win every game”.

YES!!!!!!

The damn crowd erupted in cheer when he spoke of changing up defenses for goodness sake.

It might take a few seasons to sort things out and really get to that squad that creates this years expectations but I have no doubt this guy will get us a championship and could easily turn into that 20 year guy leading us to my era’s retirement years!

Go Big Blue

I don’t want JQ going to Louisville but any transfer or decommit that doesn’t go to Arkansas makes me giddy.

I think that it is somewhat telling that none of Cal’s recruits or players, as far as I know, have already followed him to Arkansas. Boogie may be right that Cal is “Hollywood” but Fayetteville isn’t Lexington. What buyers remorse that must be.

- Pope Jersey is up to $285 on eBay with four days left. Brady, you bidding on it? Goodness. I know some of yal are sitting on some heat.

- nothing to say that hasnt already been said. We all deserve this guys.

- if my girls hadn’t laid an egg Saturday playing softball we were making the two hour trip. Instead we had a good hard practice. Awesome day out for it.

- Thiero ig story showed him in the locker room today. Coach is meeting with Z tomorrow. Man if we can ever reed to return BillyJW is gonna be riding high all summer. Any noise from that selfish mf wagner yet?

HR people in here. Is there A way to take money from my bi weekly check and direct it right into reed Sheppards bank account?

Last edited:
Took my 10 year old son to Rupp today. He’s a fan but this is the age where we all had “that” switch flip, it’s just what happens. With the malaise under Cal I was seriously worried that he’d not get the appropriate experience.

Today as we sat beside a 60+ yr old man wiping tears in the corner nosebleeds watching the intro videos, I think I feel confident the seed is germinated.

That was a revival and the altar call was heeded by millions.

I hope Big Z is a smart person in general. If he is there is zero reason for him to leave UK. He just got a massive gift with Pope’s style of play. The absolute perfect guy for his offensive system. I hope he’s smart enough to see it.

The Egyptian Magician punches his chest and it disappears into the crowd.

Glad to see Pope get his talking points from his boys in their super-secret text chat. Seems the old guard had to foment some real beef with the entitled bitches we’ve had around here…

That said, we need to ensure NIL cash gets wafted to Z and Reed. We get those two alone and our offense should be nasty.

IMG_4879.jpg

This picture is badass. Dude looks completely at home, five minutes after stepping off the bus.

I am over the GD moon about our offensive philosophy. I just can’t stop rewatching BYU’s offense and imagining playing it with the talent we will be pulling in.

After watching a coach preach the AIDS (Arbitrary Isolation & Deliberate Stalling) offense, this feels like we’ve won the damn lottery.

I think Quaintance talking to Louisville is just something Calipari asked the family to do. Just an attempt to create chaos and dissension among the fanbase. Little did he know what today’s press conference would turn into.

-New GYERO, new week, new coach, new ERA at UK!

Couldn’t be more excited. Listening to the post press conference show this morning on the way to the gym.

How many teams’ fans listen to post new coach hire press conferences call in shows?

-Funny I went from telling other fans I didn’t want Cal anymore to I love this new hire while they look at me like I’ve lost my mind for either opinion.

Casuals don’t get it but they will soon enough I believe.

-Living different places creates an interesting complex. I haven’t lived in KW for two years almost but still feels like “home”.

-Also cracks me up m that in SP people know I don’t drink so they don’t even ask.

In KW, they’re like I know you don’t drink so would you like a beer instead?

Nah I’m 100% good 😂.

-Will be nice to see what the talking heads say today now that we’re fully invested.

-Just hoping everyone tempers expectations. I feel like we’re in danger of being like Lenny in Of Mice And Men, we’re going to love and squeeze Pope so tight we kill him.

Don’t do that. To achieve greatness, you must demand it. We’re not here to be 2nd or lose to 14/15 seeds on a regular basis.

We have some schools that have a made a push towards our spot. It’s time to punch back.

In this NIL era, we can build a monster fast!

Hang banners.
Win SEC tournaments.
Hang banners
Win SEC tournaments.

That’s our mission.

I assume we can’t get in the Maui field this year?

You know Cal was watching. He was a few miles down the road from a sold out press conference for his replacement and knowing he was regretting his decision gives me peak happiness.

Part of me thinks that Cal doesn’t coach one game at Arkansas. NBA firings are on deck and I can see him just bolting to the NBA.

I'm still trying to reconcile the whole situation. Honestly, BBN filing Rupp for a press conference is the least surprising thing to happen. As soon as Matt told BBN to show up, I thought, "Man, they may want to have this at Commonwealth Stadium." Doesn't take BBN much convincing to buy in.

Last week was an emotional rollercoaster, complete with sleep depravation, coming off 5(?)+ years of anguish. I still feel like the search was probably handled wrong and Pope was a reactionary hire. It's just pretty wild where most of us were at 9p on Thursday to where we were yesterday at 4:30pm with grown men sobbing like toddlers. Was it Mitch's intent or did he accidentally stumble into it? Mitch owes Pitino big time, that video seems to have really turned the tide. I said some things I probably regret but I also don't feel like I'm wrong about them. I just hope it works out with Pope, we haven't had one of ours at the helm in most of our lifetime.

Still not sure I understand how everything unfolded other than I think the mental toll of the last 5-10 years was much deeper than any of us cared to acknowledge. Thoughts?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT