ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

-Yeah, I wasn't too upset with the punt considering we need 7 yards. I do think we got a little pass happy on that drive. 4 down territory. 2nd & 8 - IC PASS. 3rd & 8 IC PASS rather than playing to make it manageable on 4th down. Was very pissed we didn't even run a play with :09 seconds left. That's an eternity.

-More pissed we come out and play like that after looking 1000000x worse the week before. Unacceptable.

-Flip side, UK FB fans are amazing. Support was there. Stadium looked great. AV guy's playlist was great. Place was rocking all night.

-Hey guys, former President, and current candidate, was almost murdered again yesterday. WTF?

-How many fumbles have we failed to recover this season?

-Granddam with the crew on Friday. Quickly becoming my favorite meal in town. Always delivers.

-We had dinner at the KY Castle last night. Nice meal. I'd actually never been out there but they've done a great job with it. Highly suggest a visit.

Last edited:
What makes me angriest, and I haven't really seen anyone else bring it up, is our kicker had already kicked the longest field goal in school history at 55 yards. We only needed 6 yards to get him to a 60 yard field goal, which is long but not completely unreasonable when he's hot and you have the chance to knock off #1. If he misses it's no different then a punt and worst case is they run it back but we still have time to score and go for 2 to tie.

Moderately upset at end of first half conservativeness. Nine seconds is more than enough time to take a shot but could have easily seen us not being able to execute and cost us 3 pts.

Not upset at all on decision to punt. We had ~25 pass attempts for 120 yds. Defense was on fire.

Very upset by the 2nd and 3rd down passes. The running game is what gave you control over the whole game… why abandon it there. Super close to FG range as well. Inexcusable to call 2 passes there.

We didn’t get 1 damn break in that game other than the roughing the passer penalty. INT shouldn’t have been overturned. Ball was on the ground several times and we couldn’t get it. Gifted them 3 pts with our own fumble.

If our D and running game can play like that the rest of the year, will win our fair share. If we could somehow manage a passing game like every other team in America, then we could be really good.

7-5

What makes me angriest, and I haven't really seen anyone else bring it up, is our kicker had already kicked the longest field goal in school history at 55 yards. We only needed 6 yards to get him to a 60 yard field goal, which is long but not completely unreasonable when he's hot and you have the chance to knock off #1. If he misses it's no different then a punt and worst case is they run it back but we still have time to score and go for 2 to tie.
The book on Raynor is that he's good up to 45 and then doesn't have the leg. I think his two 50 yarders were anomalies. He can't even go 60, I don't think. But we did hear all camp about the new kicker that was perfect on 60 or 65 yarders. That's even more reason to keep running on that last series. Not to mention we should've been trying to run clock.

However, if we get 6 yards on 4th and 8, we aren't getting a chance to kick. Not sure what your post means there.

Reactions: Col. Angus
The book on Raynor is that he's good up to 45 and then doesn't have the leg. I think his two 50 yarders were anomalies. He can't even go 60, I don't think. But we did hear all camp about the new kicker that was perfect on 60 or 65 yarders. That's even more reason to keep running on that last series. Not to mention we should've been trying to run clock.

However, if we get 6 yards on 4th and 8, we aren't getting a chance to kick. Not sure what your post means there.
i mean, he’s probably referencing that we had both 2nd and 3rd and 8 and the chance to get 5 yards to try for a miracle 60 yarder?

Reactions: creeksman
On 2nd, we had ABS on jet motion and Demi blocking, with tons of green space. Brock faked the handoff, kept the ball and tried to pass to one of them, but it was batted down. Question for football XO guys, does Brock have the option there to hand it off or was is just a designed pass play? That was the one time a jet sweep actually looked like it could've worked. Probably gets us into FG range.

Braves were tied 2-2 in the bottom of the 8th last night. They had runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs.

They lost 9-2.

You know how hard it is to do that?

Everything sucks.
Cubs were swept by the Rockies after going .500 vs the Yanks and Dodgers. Mail in the Coffin.

Levis, made a few of the same boneheaded mistakes he did against the Bears.

Indeed, everything sucks!

Cubs were swept by the Rockies after going .500 vs the Yanks and Dodgers. Mail in the Coffin.

Levis, made a few of the same boneheaded mistakes he did against the Bears.

Indeed, everything sucks!

The Cubs in fact were not swept by the Rockies. They won yesterday pulling within 4 wins of the 80 that I need to cash a bet. They were pretty much eliminated after giving us a glimmer of hope. Par for the course.

We lost by one point to the #1 team in the country and never took a shot, called a "trick" play, or caught one break. We just lined up and went at it. That's honorable and encouraging, but I sure do wish we would have gambled at some point. Gotta spend money to make money, ya know?
I'm all fairness, we've always sucked at trick plays. I do agree with you though.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
Trump is a threat to democracy so it is OK.

Sorry no one much cares about the welfare of your lord. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe he should tone down the lying and rhetoric.

Obviously I want him alive to see him get beaten again, but if you all want to bring this crap in here, I am HAPPY, ELATED to do it. Let’s party.

You just can’t help yourselves. Fine - let’s go. Let’s ruin GYERO for the day.

Obviously I want him alive to see him get beaten again, but if you all want to bring this crap in here, I am HAPPY, ELATED to do it. Let’s party.

I hope your cat gets eaten.

And if I see another coach of one of my loser football teams rush 3 in a sissy prevent defense with the game on the line AGAIN, I am going to toss my TV out the window, cord and all. I have reached my limit. Too many Mondays like this. Have had enough.

That's certainly a take. Normalization of presidential assassination is quite the step we've taken.

-you just don't get it anth, as long as there is a threat to democracy* political violence is warranted... that said: words are violence, I believe in science, free palestine, ukraine 4ever and all are welcome regardless of race/creed/nationality/religion**.

*any repub/conservative politician/leader qualifies.

**unless you believe differently than us on politics... then **** you I hope you get shot/die of covid.

-you just don't get it anth, as long as there is a threat to democracy* political violence is warranted... that said: words are violence, I believe in science, free palestine, ukraine 4ever and all are welcome regardless of race/creed/nationality/religion**.

*any repub/conservative politician/leader qualifies.

**unless you believe differently than us on politics... then **** you I hope you get shot/die of covid.

To be fair Trump did revel in the fact that a looney tune tried to kill the speaker of the House and seriously injured her husband.

At some point Americans need to realize this extremism on both sides is tearing this country apart and people are filling themselves with hate because?

To be totally transparent I’m a RINO now because I refuse to vote for the man. I will write in Ronald Reagan as I’ve done for the last 8 years.

Also Mark Stoops is a pussy.

That's certainly a take. Normalization of presidential assassination is quite the step we've taken.

I legit don’t know what the hell you all are talking about 99% of the time. The strawman you erect on a daily basis are something else.

Was the top story this morning in the newspaper I read. No one seemed to be happy about it.

Maybe stop watching FoxNews and keep your political nonsense out the thread.

Or keep it up and I’m more than happy to watch GYERO become trash for the next 2 months.

And “normalize” 😂 - for being so affected by the woke people why do you talk like those fools?

Am I also being toxic, Anth? Was my post triggering? Are you speaking your truth right now?

Eat one, big boy.

I knew this stuff was coming to GYERO as soon as I saw Kamala smacking that con man around. 😂 Been waiting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT