Pretty typical day for the teams I was cheering for:
  • Son's team loses their semi-final baseball game
  • Daughter's team loses her 2nd to last regular season baseball game
  • Braves lose
  • Aggies lose
  • Oilers lose
Can't have nothin'
Checks out.

I haven't wanted to say this out loud, but it has been a long time coming -- maybe it is just time to realize that you are, uh, more of a Cardinal fan, Waterhead.

Checks out.

I haven't wanted to say this out loud, but it has been a long time coming -- maybe it is just time to realize that you are, uh, more of a Cardinal fan, Waterhead.

Well if it prevents me from having another “Catlanta Double” I’m in. That’s when the Braves lose a post season game the same day Kentucky football gets their ass kicked. My favorite is when that happens on my birthday. But I have a feeling the Cards usually lose when that happens too since they suck.

Last edited:
Everyone knows the story of Milli Vanilli and how they were not the singers on the albums. They were ran out of music industry for lip syncing their shows and even led to Rob Pilatus turning to a life of crime, drugs and ultimately death. How ironic that today the industries biggest stars voices are so doctored that it might as well be someone else and that they also lip sync their shows and nobody seems to care.

Last edited:
Everyone knows the story of Milli Vanilli and how they were not the singers on the albums. They were ran out of music industry for lip syncing their shows and even led to Rob Pilatus turning to a life of crime and drugs. How ironic that today the industries biggest stars voices are so doctored that it might as well be someone else and that they also lip sync their shows and nobody seems to care.
Blame it on the Rain is a banger regardless of who sang it.

Well if it prevents me from having another “Catlanta Double” I’m in. That’s when the Braves lose a post season game the same day Kentucky football gets their ass kicked. My favorite is when that happens on my birthday. But I have a feeling the Cards usually lose when that happens too since they suck.
Had that happen this past year the day my daughter was born. I was determined to stay awake and watch both in the hospital - even brought multiple devices to do so. Thought it would make a great day even greater if they both won. Lo and behold, Cats got rocked by Georgia and the Braves lost to Philly in the NLDS.

* Last night Elly de la Cruz hit a home run, then the following inning Fernando Cruz gave up a home run to Oneil Cruz.

* Can't believe the NBA Draft is tomorrow. We good with Reed ending up in Houston?

* Elly is just so ridiculous. This is just an easy grounder right up the middle, and he somehow turns it into a double.

And of course he also hit a ball 982 feet, or whatever.

* Sports moment of the night:

I listen to Nick Kirby and Trace Fowler on Chatterbox Reds every single day, and every single day they do a full rundown of every single Reds farm team and top prospect. Like, I'm diligently following the careers of 17 year old Cubans and an 18 year old kid from Taiwan. And I've never heard of Levi Jordan. In fact, they opened the show this morning by saying "if you've never heard of Levi Jordan, it's because we've never mentioned him."

28 years old. Nearly took a coaching job last year and gave up his baseball playing career. 29th round draft pick. Career journeyman minor leaguer. Gets an unexpected callup to the bigs. Ends up with a sac fly RBI, then a run scoring double for his first hit. His family is in the stands getting interviewed and dad is getting choked up talking about his son. Really, really good chance his career amounts to nothing in The Show, but he'll always have this memory to fall back on.

* It's not the amount of baseball contracts that comes back to haunt teams, it's the length. And, more importantly, the age of the player at the end of the deal. Elly is only 22, so they could sign him to the longest contract in MLB history and still only have him on the books until he's 35/36. I don't anticipate Scott Boras allowing this to happen, but they need to do everything possible to keep him. He's a generational talent.

* Elly.

* Golf cart drama.

* Elly de la Cruz.

- Happy that the Vols can shake the stigma of only being a Women's Basketball School and can now lay claim to being a baseball school. Finally, after 20+ years of irrelevance, that athletic department can claim a little success.

^^ The only way I can deal with those orange scumbags. I hate them so much.

- Did anyone else think that Jorge Posada was Aaron Tippin in that Miller Lite commercial? Just me?

- Not sure who would be the better "get" in that situation. Posada used to be a baseball catcher back when UT's women's basketball program was still good.

On the other hand, Aaron Tippin sings late 90s country music about standing for something. It's a pick'em at best.

- It's Dead Period. Time to play lots of golf and take in as many Golden Hours as possible.

- It seems to me that meteorologists are getting tricked more than ever these days. Sunday's rain showers/cold front was not predicted on any major weather app that I saw.

I woke up Sunday and it was cloudy, which seemed unexpected. Check the weather and there's a long line of showers in a frontal boundary that came through and provided steady rain for an hour and a half. Where did that come from? Usually, those are easy to see develop and follow.

From the surprise flash flooding out of nowhere in Iowa, to constant temperature miscalculations, it's not been a good year for weathermen. My theories are:

a) weather manipulation
2. God is showing that He's still in charge
III: Our weather technology has gone in reverse
E.) Fear mongering

- Rewatching Friday Night Lights and realizing just how "problematic" some of these storylines are. We're watching teenage drinking and promiscuous sex among characters that are supposed to be 16 years old. The actors may have been 34 years old or whatever, but dang. The teacher/girl dad in me cringes with some of that plot development.

Seems like the prison creator has succeeded again.

Al-Ghaili's concept designs have likewise gained the attention of news outlets and internet personalities.[12][13][14] On several occasions, these hyper-realistic digital renderings were taken out of context by online users, who mistakenly believed that they were real.[15] For example, in 2022, there was an outcry after Al-Ghaili posted a concept video for an artificial womb facility. Candace Owens, a conservative political commentator and television presenter, responded to the video, saying "A German scientist has unveiled an artificial birthing pod that could replace a mother's womb. It always starts with a good sell, but the slippery slope will end up with the government dictating who can and can't have children. The 'dystopian future' we often talk about could actually be a lot closer than we think."[16]

In response to the outcry, a number of media publications enlisted fact-checkers to investigate the claims made by Owens and others. Al-Ghaili also responded in multiple interviews; "I understand that the video was taken out of context and some people shared it online as if it were real.The main goal of creating the video was to ignite the discussion about an emerging technology and to highlight scientific progress in the field of ectogenesis," he said.[17][18]

In 2019, Al-Ghaili pivoted to more serious film work, writing, producing, and directing his first short film, Simulation. The film has a run time of 23 minutes and received awards and nominations from the Latitude Film Awards, Independent Shorts Awards, and the London Independent Film Awards among others.[19][20][4] In 2022, he started work on his first full-length feature film, Orbital.[2] He self-published his first book, Simulation: The Great Escape, in 2023.[6]

Speaking of baseball, my son asked me to help him calculate his OPS for the season. He kept track of all his at bats this year, so it was easy to quickly calculate a 2.248 OPS. When he heard the number he started laughing hysterically and I could see the wheels turning as he compared his numbers to guys like Ohtani, Harper and Ozuna.

But then I said, “you know son, if you hit a ball to an infielder, and he throws it over the first baseman’s head, and you get all the way to third, you can’t really count it as a triple, or even a hit at all” (aka the great majority of all hits the entire team had this year).

He thought about it for a minute and said, “maybe take off one of my doubles and two singles and run it again.” 😏

I agree that no matter who sang them Blame it on the Rain, Girl You Know it's True, Baby Don't Forget My Number and I'm Gonna Miss You were big hits in the late 80's. I think they had 3 number one singles.
Was listening to these songs a while back and was told by a Gen Z'er that my taste in music is horrible. Same person who thinks Cardi B is a musical genius.....

Let’s say that prison thing was correct. Wouldn’t the move be to stick people in there before they commit the crime?

Was listening to these songs a while back and was told by a Gen Z'er that my taste in music is horrible. Same person who thinks Cardi B is a musical genius.....
WAP by Cardi B is a disgrace to music and humanity to be honest. I feel that if aliens exist and are somehow able to intercept our radio waves, when they hear that song they will just give us a few years to implode and that way they can take over earth without firing a laser from their spaceship.

Last edited:
What happened to Milli Vanilli after they were outed is just sad. It was way more than just those two creating that charade, but they got thrown under the bus by everyone else involved and left to be crucified by the public.

Those songs are great though.

Honestly, the best/most impactful part of “Not Like Us”, in my opinion as an old, isn’t the allegations of Drake being a pedophile, it’s the facts that he’s a poser and his music sucks.

Milli Vanilli > Drake

~Want to give kudos for the NKY recs last week. Smoke Justis did the trick. You all are good people despite what Rob says about you. Reds were out of town so went to a FC Cincinnati game just for the hell of it/smell of it/yell I get. Impressive stadium and great crowd. Always a good time up there.

~I have zero doubt Tennessee will recognize their baseball team during halftime of the UK football game this year. I have to admit my hatred of that school is bordering unhealthy levels currently.

~At the age now where I will re-watch old movies from my youth instead of watching anything new. Not at go home and watch Little House on the Prairie and missing my dogs after a loss point yet but I can see it off in the horizon.

~ You gotta take the good with the bad. WAP sucks as a song but Cardi B for 2 Live Crew is a negotiation I will take every time.

~ Much respect to the defensive plan from the Panthers last night. As smart as they played, Knoblauch from Edmonton ran his best players into the ground for 1 goal and essentially had nothing to use in the last 4 minutes of the game.

~ Speaking of hockey, anyone pissed that McDavid got the Conn Smythe (MVP of the entire playoffs) needs to look at what he did this year. Anytime you supplant Gretzky in the record books, you deserve some recognition.

~ Mortgage/HELOC world is thumping right now. People don't give a damn (or have the financial literacy) to care about interest rates. It's absurd.

~ Can shoot when open.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT