ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s February 2015 - UK is undefeated, having beaten Auburn’s brains in 110-75. In the midst of the postgame celebration, I take you aside, buy you a beer, look you dead in the eyes and tell you in 9 years, Kentucky will run Cal out of town and hire Mark Pope as our coach.

At the end of the day, Kentucky fans like tacky, gaudy, shiny things. We’re that chick that wears too much makeup, stays in the tanning bed too long, shows off her flashy jewelry, gets her hair teased up once a week, and bathes in perfume before running to the grocery.

She likes to show it off and flaunt it. She’ll also burn some heaters during lunch breaks and slash your damn tires if you cheat on her. She demands the nicest things and wants to be noticed and bragged on when she has them.

That’s why BBN was mad this week and really pissed last night. She didn’t get the diamond necklace she wanted; she got the Pandora trinket bracelet instead. So she pouted a little and went to bed pissed.

Then she woke up this morning and saw the charms and the engravings on the bracelet and started thinking fondly of memories when things were better. When, just maybe, she wasn’t as stressed or angry. And she smiled through the tears.

There’s just enough “Well, bless your heart” in BBN and that’s what we’re feeling right now. By Sunday, she’s gonna be ready to flash that trinket bracelet everywhere.

I’ve had multiple fans say the whole “going such a white roster, ugh…” why do think that?

Because he had a bunch of whites a BYU? Lemme guess that that campus is about 98% white, it won’t be like that here gang. It’ll be a good mix.

Reactions: Col. Angus
GK-MgE2WoAAMrB9

No clue how well Mark does but having a guy of my generation who played during my favorite era of KY Basketball as well as the best UK team of All-Time just has a special feeling to it. Can debate if he was the right hire but he is the coach now and its time for the fanbase to unite and give this guy as much support as he will in working his tail off to get this program back to its rightful place in CBB.

I’ve met a few Mormons and they have always been excellent people. She is pretty good looking too.

Pitino is right about Jay Wright. He finally broke through and got two titles but there was a stretch where Nova was known as chokers. He had a lot of 2nd round flameouts.

We are getting something we haven’t had since 2017. Someone willing to put in the work.

Going from this to players who are allowed to let it soak and spread pants ants all over sorority row before becoming a top 5 pick will be a little bit of a culture shock.

-I will pledge my NIL money/posting here to be reduced with the new GYERO. There are full on days I don’t post at all then some days not much going on and I’ll post a lot, on average probably not more than 4-5x/day.

That being said, this IS the university of MARKs these days so watch yourself, I have some pull with the HCs now.

-UNC buddy of mine was talking trash, “way to hire a dude with 5 years coaching at BYU! 😂 “

Soooooo clueless, I said you hired a guy with ZERO experience.

His response was, “oh yeah, forgot…” smh.

Last edited:
Congrats on a solid hire. What he may not have in roster talent immediately will be offset by the way his players give 110% for him. That was obvious watching his BYU teams. Throw in his love for the name on the jersey (something I am sure he will instill on his players here) and he will do well. Hopefully he gets the support of the blue hairs and those w/ deep pockets.

Great guy and I am pulling for him.
Who are you and what happened to UKO?
I've made my thoughts clear on where I wanted us to go with our new coach, partly because of what the guy in that video did here. But damn if that video didn't make me feel things I wasn't expecting to feel. I clicked on it fully expecting to roll my eyes at him weighing in on this, but it definitely got to me a little. And he just sold Mark Pope better than Mitch Barnhart ever could.

After 15 years of being told it’s not our program, it’s nice to feel like it is again. Let's go.
Legit teared up a bit (during his video), not even going to deny it.

Can we somehow replace Cal’s bullshit $1MM “ambassador” position with Rick?

Just sayin’…

any chance we keep anyone from the class other than Perry (who has a chance to kill it in this offense)?

KEEGAN BROWN
Title
Director of Video & Analytic Strategy

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2J5dWNvdWdhcnMtcHJvZC8yMDIzLzExLzAyL3VBZEt5R0R3MHNhV05TbElGZUZNRG5tbWJIbUsyZ3hQclZjTmdLYXMuanBn.jpg

• BIO​

Highlights​

• In 2023-24, BYU finished fifth in the Big 12 after being picked to finish 13th in the preseason poll
  • They earned a No. 6 seed in the NCAA Tournament for the second time under head coach Mark Pope
  • Cougars led the Big 12 in 3-point field goals per game and 3-point attempts
  • According to KenPom, BYU became the fourth high major to shoot more 3s than 2s
  • Ranked 14th in offensive efficiency according to KenPom

Responsibilities​

• Breaks down all game, practice and recruiting film using SportsCode
  • Manages all third-party relationships that directly affect basketball performance

Experience​

• Director of Basketball Operations at The Sports Law Group
  • Scout for NetScout
  • Scout for Hoop Brothers

Education​

• BS in Business Management with Marketing Emphasis from Brigham Young University
  • Masters in Sports Business Management from University of Central Florida

KEEGAN BROWN
Title
Director of Video & Analytic Strategy

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2J5dWNvdWdhcnMtcHJvZC8yMDIzLzExLzAyL3VBZEt5R0R3MHNhV05TbElGZUZNRG5tbWJIbUsyZ3hQclZjTmdLYXMuanBn.jpg

• BIO​

Highlights​

• In 2023-24, BYU finished fifth in the Big 12 after being picked to finish 13th in the preseason poll
  • They earned a No. 6 seed in the NCAA Tournament for the second time under head coach Mark Pope
  • Cougars led the Big 12 in 3-point field goals per game and 3-point attempts
  • According to KenPom, BYU became the fourth high major to shoot more 3s than 2s
  • Ranked 14th in offensive efficiency according to KenPom

Responsibilities​

• Breaks down all game, practice and recruiting film using SportsCode
  • Manages all third-party relationships that directly affect basketball performance

Experience​

• Director of Basketball Operations at The Sports Law Group
  • Scout for NetScout
  • Scout for Hoop Brothers

Education​

• BS in Business Management with Marketing Emphasis from Brigham Young University
  • Masters in Sports Business Management from University of Central Florida

Outstanding. We now have a coach that understands coaching, scouting, and analytics; MODERN basketball, instead of just yelling at everybody.

Good lord. Go back and look at Pope's recruiting classes at BYU. They are really mediocre. I mean, they make Tubby's recruiting look world class. I say this only to make this point: How did he do as well as he did with that recruiting base? One four star in four years, and zero signees one year. This guy can CLEARLY coach his ****ing ass off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT