ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting trade as the Bears send Fields to the Steelers. The Steelers say he will not compete for the starting role - instead that will go with Wilson and Fields will learn from him.

WTF is Fields gonna learn from Wilson's washed up ass?
Well if Fields plays 51% of snaps it turns into a 4th round pick instead of a 6th so they’ll definitely play Wilson 9 games or whatever to make sure that deal stays in place.

Houston taking it on the chin right now. Iowa State is not a team I want to see in KY’s bracket.

You really can’t trust Houston’s offense re winning 6 consecutive games.

Houston, we have a problem lolz

Kelvin Sampson said before game that he wasn’t particularly worried about todays game that he was more concerned with the NCAA (sound familiar?). Then his team came out and played like it (sound familiar?). 41 points, 18 in the 2nd half.

Reactions: Col. Angus
UConn in Boston is similar to all those years Duke would draw Charlotte.

Just send us west, we deserve it.

In my day, coaches were concerned about winning all of the games.

Funny I’ve thought all day this era of fan won’t really ever know what it was to just dominate the SEC like we did.

I truly believe that moving forward we may never own it like we know Pitino and Tubby not to mention Rupp did.

Just a different era and I don’t like it.

Reactions: roguemocha
Funny I’ve thought all day this era of fan won’t really ever know what it was to just dominate the SEC like we did.

I truly believe that moving forward we may never own it like we know Pitino and Tubby not to mention Rupp did.

Just a different era and I don’t like it.
The transfer portal has given teams normally a tier below the elites a bit of a more equal playing ground unfortunately for us.

Only 2 of the top 20 didn’t lose this week with Auburn playing tomorrow to try to make it 3 teams.

This is as wide open a year as anyone could ask. Yeah, there’s a few that look better but no given favorite. Gonna make for some wild Bracket contests and especially gambol.

Eff it, maybe we can get unconscious on offense and they just ignore Cal for 6 games. 🤞

Screw Carolina

Kansas tenn Duke Houston UK Marquette purdue UNC all going down. I believe Iowa St should jump UNC on the seed line but they won't. Overall seeding really shouldn't change. Everyone sans Uconn and IA st lost.

Not a single 1 seed won their conference tournament.

Not sure is Iowa State is a 2, but if not then WKU as a 3 is the highest to win their conference tournament.

Other than our embarrassing failure, the conference tournaments had a pretty exciting feel today. Lots of teams on the bubble or on the outside won, so it almost felt like the first round of the tournament.

Reactions: jayroon
Please God keep us away from UAB in the first round. Bad juju.
Some half-assed internet research reveals that UAB is coached by Andy Kennedy, has a leading scorer named Yaxel Lendeborg, and another guard named Tony Toney.

Yaxel Lendeborg is only a 6'9, 230 lb two time former JUCO All-American who also averages 10.5 rebounds. I have no idea how many blocks he has because their website is too low rent to have those stats. Sounds like a great match up for our baby 7 footers.

That's exactly the sort of squad that kicks our ass in March these days.

A team with an average-or-better coach who scouts, that’s who kicks our ass. Helps if they have a waterbug PG. Also helps if we play lots of minutes without RRR on the court.

Reactions: Touch_Em_All
Can’t believe I forgot UConn when it turns out I bet on them over Marquette but didn’t watch the game.

- Good for Wisconsin, now if Illinois wins are they in the 2seed discussion?

- Yesterday during one of the games they had us has the 4 against Purdue’s 1 and Marquette as the 2 in Chicago.

I’d be happy with that.

- Today I got the Gators and Illini.

Just go back and watch the final 2 minutes of the 2008 finals, and then watch some of the blown games Cal has this year, and you’ll quickly realize Cal lacks acumen.
Pretty much. I'm not a basketball, but even to MY untrained eye, it seems pretty obvious that Calipari has been, for the vast majority of his career, an habitual underachiever, that regularly strangles the talent out of his teams.

He has survived on bloviation and an absurd ability to recruit.*

*(which, IMO, is based upon placing the wants and needs of the highest profile kids, over the good of the team.)

There is little doubt in my mind, that he has cost us scores of games through his stubborn tendency to play "his guys", when logically, he shouldn't. He's more akin to a Carnival Barker, than a basketball coach.

Last edited:
The only thing that keeps me from just completely writing off his coaching ability is the job he did at UMass . He got that thing rolling before he got Camby, had a 30-win season in 1992 and he did it from a place that was a basketball graveyard. At some point, he had something beyond recruiter/carnival barker. But there's a lot of coaches who eventually become dinosaurs.

Again. They had a 6 point lead with 4:00 to go and proceeded to get outscored 14-3. They started the game down 11-3 before subs were brought in. Literally the same exact issues from the past where Cal refuses to play his best players/lineup until he digs himself a hole they spend the rest of the half climbing out of. It's absolutely maddening.

And these losses do matter. Haven't been a 1 seed since 2015. They get dinged one or two seed lines every GD year because of these losses that are "growing pains" A win last night probably worth 1 seed line come March and potentially first 2 rounds in Indianapolis (I know, eff that city but location wise it's close) and instead they'll end up in Salt Lake City or Spokane
If MJ is correct I nailed Spokane in November.
Good job Cal

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT