ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
7affpz.jpg

If this team played entertaining basketball, staying up late to watch wouldn’t be a problem. Also- maybe don’t make us miss the start of the game watching UNC slap dick the end of a game

Rewatched the game. Every time we started to play with pace, the refs ended it. There were literally 4-5 times in the 2nd half where we started to ball, and a bad call ended it. We played mostly good defense in the first 30 minutes and they just made tough shot over tough shot.

I don’t care who you are. Trying to beat a team shooting 71%, while getting a shit whistle at home, is a hard ask.

Add turnovers and missed FTs to that, and winning is near impossible.

If we get to 20 wins, imo, we are in.

Livingston close to turning the corner. Get Wheeler back to 100%. Toppin playing well, as is Collins. Let’s get Oscar and CJ back on track, and win these last 7.

I know I’m reaching. It’s all I have.
Wow people still do this?

Reactions: justa
Say what you want about talent and roster, but I believe a creative coach could get a lot out of this group, mask our deficiencies a bit, embolden our strengths.

Cal hasn’t shown any creativity here since 2011.

I mean Arkansas doesn’t have an elite roster by any means sans Brazille/Smith.

Yeah, it is amazing how far we have fallen. We can all see we really didn’t have a chance in the game and we are not even close to “elite”.

There is zero doubt we got a shit whistle last night that impacted the game, but UK fans are so beat down and defeated by our jagoff coach that we don’t even blame the loss on the refs. Sad, I miss blaming the refs.

Cal last week: I need to play Damion more

Cal last night: I owed it to Oscar to figure this thing out

GTFO, you bum.

If you're going to consistently give up straight line drives to the basket, it might be a good idea to have an athletic shot blocker who can at least clean up their mistakes and challenge shots.

Oscar does *none* of that.

Last edited:
Rewatched the game. Every time we started to play with pace, the refs ended it. There were literally 4-5 times in the 2nd half where we started to ball, and a bad call ended it. We played mostly good defense in the first 30 minutes and they just made tough shot over tough shot.

It’s weak to blame the whistle, I know, but still, it’s obvious. It was obvious against Kansas. You know it is, especially when bilas mentions it several times.

I don’t care who you are. Trying to beat a team shooting 71%, while getting a shit whistle at home, is a hard ask.

Add turnovers and missed FTs to that, and winning is near impossible.

If we get to 20 wins, imo, we are in. I would feel much better if we finish with no more than 10 losses going into the SECT. Several 20 win, 10 loss teams will be in this year among the 7-11 line.

Livingston close to turning the corner. Get Wheeler back to 100%. Toppin playing well, as is Collins. Now let’s get Oscar and CJ back on track, and win these last 7. Is that too much to ask?

I know I’m reaching. It’s all I have.
We don't get a fair whistle with Cal since he on the ref's asses at the start of every game about something (conseqential or not) and never let's up. They have to dread doing his games and must be exhausting and super annoying. He should pick his battles more and chill out with them like he has with the team to a degree since the Louisville game.

If Arkansas had Brazile/Smith would we have lost by 50? Their best two players were out and they win by 20 at Rupp. They’re f*cking 6-5 in conference.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Imagine a world where Alabama football goes 8 years and running without making The Playoff and has several 8-4 years and even a 2-10 season and during that run several hated rivals have won national championships.

Unfathomable.

Well, in Lexington it’s all good. Routinely getting punked at home. Missing the tourney. Coaching a team with the worst record in the HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM. Getting bypassed in all time wins. Shutting yourself off from fans/boosters and dodging media responsibilities.

All while making 9 large a year.

What a damn circus in Lexington.

^Yep. I watched a good bit of Nevada/New Mexico last night, and even vanilla Steve Alford has figured out contemporary basketball.

Tough shot after tough shot?

Lmao. It was a layup fest. Foh
If only we had a really tall athletic dude, sittin on the bench, that could alter shots at the rim. Or maybe even 2 although Onyenso is lost most of the time.

I can’t imagine how frustrating it is for certain guys that get yanked, and wear blisters on their butts from the bench, for a mistake or two while others (Oscar) stay in and are a focal point because we have to get him going. I’m sure most of us have played sports, at some level, and when the coach has a different set of rules for certain players it does nothing but cause dissension and makes players play tight. Which is exactly what Hopkins said in that interview last week. Not to mention is a screaming lunatic on the sidelines making things even worse.

The program is broken and has been for a while and hedoesn’t know how to fix it. He apparently won’t listen to anyone, and doesn’t really seem like he has the heart for it anymore hence skimping on his media responsibilities. But hey, we win a few games in a row and he will be back to crowing because he is absolutely tone deaf to the situation. We are just playing this thing out until the kids are off to college and we can finally rip the band-aid off and get a fresh start.

If we can draft Joe Burrow, this thing can get turned around pretty quickly. Trust me on this one.
I mean, look at what the lazy f*ck did to clean up after Billy back when he had a chainsaw pecker.

Problem is Mitch is too busy drinking milk.

Did you expect him to say, “Nah we’re about to break up the squad, Joe wants 72million a year.”

And when you buy Joe, you have to pay for his penis too, don’t forget.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I loathe the fact that that white women have ruined Parks and Rec with all this Galentines Day bullshit

It's called Girls Night and you already have it 50 times a year

Last edited:
- Mount Rushmore of childhood sports video games:

* Baseball Stars
* Joe Montana's Sports Talk Football
* Tommy Lasorda Baseball
* Super Tecmo Bowl 3: The Final Edition

- Underrated 90s album: Silverchair - Frogstomp.

Didn't realize those guys were FIFTEEN years old.

- Enjoy seeing a rusty, old-school, mercury-filled temperature thermometer hanging on a building. Barely showing red in mid-January or about to explode in a heatwave in August.

My grandpa had a million it seemed.

- Ooh boys, it's bow tie buying season. Nice Derby preps from NY-to-FL-CA this weekend, too.

Speaking of horses, Netflix is making a documentary on "The Road to the Kentucky Derby."

Pumped for that and I am sure they will be filming this April at Keeneland.

- UPSET: I'm taking Fudge Stripes over Oreos if I'm dipping cookies in milk.

-Controversial take: fudge stripes > Oreos.

-You all probably won’t believe this, but I actually bought some Hormel chili and made G some “chili cheese” (no Velveeta though, I’m not a complete Neanderthal). He couldn’t understand why his arms didn’t grow like in the commercial when he ate it. Kinda warms my heart that commercials still work on the younger generation.

-Except for the baby. He COMPLETELY loses his shit when YouTube tried to interrupt Blippi with a commercial. “No mercial! No mercial!” And then I skip it with a quickness.

-WTF is wrong with our basketball team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT