ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Krazy thinks we're going to reincorporate a starting power forward who changes the way everyone on the court has to play back into the lineup after a month absence with a single 40 minute game against DicknBalls Tech. [thumb2]

Reactions: Midway Cat
Im pretty sure we won’t. But it wouldn’t bother me if we did, and knowing how our coach feels about the SEC tournament it wouldn’t surprise me either.

If it was PJ, Herro or KJ then I’d be worried about chemistry.

Reid, however, well I just assume he can jump right into being a big body rebounder, set screens, post up, and hit FTs just like he did before.

Cal is full of shit about how he feels about the SEC tournament. Don’t believe him for a second. He may not like the concept, but that’s much different than just not caring about the tournament.

Cal is full of shit about how he feels about the SEC tournament. Don’t believe him for a second. He may not like the concept, but that’s much different than just not caring about the tournament.

I think it's his way of:

(a) taking the pressure off the players after a 31/18 game regular season; and

(b) expressing his frustration from when the SC has blatantly disregarded the results when they seed the NCAAT.

Pretty sure he loves BBN claiming 90% of the tickets and the entire blue arena giving standing Os as they hoist the trophy on Sunday nearly every year.

Who do you think is #3? Surely not unc.

Based on the way this game has played out, yes. To UNC's credit, they have played well enough to convince the committee that Duke hung in there for 25+ minutes, without Zion and even without Bolden, but UNC is just too tough.

You know me well enough, I'm not saying I agree, I'm saying that's how they'll see it.

JUST A TOUGH BATTLE BETWEEN TWO TEAMS WHO ARE ABSOLUTE WARRIORS. THERE ARE NO LOSERS HERE! I ONLY HAVE ONE EYE BUT EVEN EYE (lol!) CAN SEE THAT DUKE IS AMONG THE TOP THREE TEAMS IN THE NATION - AND ALL THREE ARE IN THE ACC!. BUT UNC REALLY PROVED ITS METTLE TONIGHT, BABY!

Reactions: Mashburned
Based on the way this game has played out, yes. To UNC's credit, they have played well enough to convince the committee that Duke hung in there for 25+ minutes, without Zion and even without Bolden, but UNC is just too tough.

You know me well enough, I'm not saying I agree, I'm saying that's how they'll see it.

JUST A TOUGH BATTLE BETWEEN TWO TEAMS WHO ARE ABSOLUTE WARRIORS. THERE ARE NO LOSERS HERE! I ONLY HAVE ONE EYE BUT EVEN EYE (lol!) CAN SEE THAT DUKE IS AMONG THE TOP THREE TEAMS IN THE NATION - AND ALL THREE ARE IN THE ACC!. BUT UNC REALLY PROVED ITS METTLE TONIGHT, BABY!
I hear ya just don't see any metric they can use to put unc above us. NET, Quad1 wins and H2H all favor us.

Don't think I've ever seen post-game interviews in one game overrun 12 minutes into another marquee matchup.

And, they just asked, IS THIS THE BIGGEST GAME IN BRESLIN CENTER HISTORY?

[roll]

Umm, if so, I guess it's pretty sad it got side-screened for post-game interviews after a 9-point win by the home favorite, in which second place in the ACC was at stake.

I hear ya just don't see any metric they can use to put unc above us. NET, Quad1 wins and H2H all favor us.

Well sure, I agree 100% on paper, but if history has taught us anything, it's that logic and objective criteria ultimately have little bearing on the brackets.

Also - recognize that to some degree, I'm (a) expressing frustration; and (b) using the jinx that you, yourself, invented. Although I would rather draw Duke, even with Zion.

/Done now.

Last edited:
Reactions: UK_Dallas
When was the last time a team went winless in SEC play?
Had to look it up, but it was Georgia Tech in 1954.

There has only been one team in the same time frame that just won one in conference play - Alabama in 1969...nice...so this is some pretty unprecedented stuff Vandy is doing.

Reactions: Kennedy_UK
Duke will get Zion back for the ACC tourney and beat UNC in the semifinals. still think we are the 1 in Kansas City with UNC.

Reactions: roguemocha
Scott County putting it on Warren Central. If this holds up (it will), sets up a decent state championship game tomorrow w/ Trinity.

Last edited:
Double whammy- Carolina benefits with a hollow sweep of one-armed Duke, drops the Devils to a 2-seed in our bracket, while the Heels grab a one.

Reactions: Kennedy_UK
The thought of Cal having chats with Mitch is hilarious.

Did anybody see that behind the scenes thing yesterday? Cal is amazing. WHO PUT THE RAISINS IN THE OATMEAL???!!

I bet Mitch put raisins in the oatmeal.

We're finally at that point in the season where each passing day only escalates the panic and concern for the how thoroughly the selection committee will figuratively rape our anuses.

Personally, I think we deserve better.

Regardless of the SEC Tournament, we've earned a 1-seed. Our 16 should be a girl's team, preferably D2 or lower. Our 8/9 should both be limping into the tourney on a string of bad losses, and have recently been hit with major recruiting infractions, to the point they have several star players that will be held out of the impending game. The remainder of the bracket, quite honestly, shouldn't even be filled out. We should get a bye until the Final Four, but if they insist on filling the thing out completely, their path should be quite complicated. They must travel on foot, or perhaps covered wagon, over impassible roads covered with snow, ice, and other naturally disastrous elements. I think we've earned that. For the Final Four matchups, to be held in Memorial Coliseum in front of a BYOB permitted crowd of 100% University of Kentucky students, perhaps we can select the game time, keeping the information hidden, and risk the opposition team forfeiting the contest when they fail to show up.

Anything less than the above is just your typical UK-hating screw job by the suits in Indianapolis, and I won't stand for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT