ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring him in.
117501.jpg
IT DOESNT MATTER

Reactions: ukalum01
“I’ve never dealt with horses,” he said. “Hopefully I can get a ride on the horse.”

When it was pointed out that a football player listed at 265 pounds might be too heavy for a horse that typically carries a 115-pound jockey, Gronkowski admitted he has a lot to learn.

“That’s what I want to know,” he said. “I’m not trying to ride it for a full speed ride. I just want to get the feel of what it’s like to be on top of one. Maybe I’ll go for a full speed ride once I get comfortable.”

“I’ve never dealt with horses,” he said. “Hopefully I can get a ride on the horse.”

When it was pointed out that a football player listed at 265 pounds might be too heavy for a horse that typically carries a 115-pound jockey, Gronkowski admitted he has a lot to learn.

“That’s what I want to know,” he said. “I’m not trying to ride it for a full speed ride. I just want to get the feel of what it’s like to be on top of one. Maybe I’ll go for a full speed ride once I get comfortable.”

Maybe you should fist yourself instead.

I'll go ahead and say it, let Gronk ride the horsey and hopefully the horsey Chistopher Reeve's him.

-Think instead of telling the lass I'm going out drinking, I'll just tell her I'm just "testing the waters." Probably coming back, so don't sweat it.

-Happy for Chad. Enjoy the weekend, bud. Sounds awesome.

-I've got a great plumber that does average work. When it comes to plumbing, I place fairness, responsiveness, and dependability above all. When my man says he's doing something, damn it, he's doing it. So long as I pay in cash and don't mess with his disability, he's on it.

-Prince playlist this morning.

-Big ballet recital this Sunday. Some kind of take on Frozen and my little one is a (gay liberal) snowflake. Looking forward to it.

-Circling Knoxville for a roadie this Fall. Would like to see us win one at Neyland before I die. This season's 5% chance is better than the 1.5% default likelihood, I'm guessing.

-Really liked W's comments on the passing of his Mom. Barbara was a good lady.

-The drunken ride out of Keeneland on a sunny afternoon with music blasting is/was special. Perhaps headed straight to dinner or to someone's backyard. The Keys patio after that. I mean, I'm sometimes envious of people that went to other schools because they all seem so much cooler than dear old UK, but nothing could be finer than Keeneland as a UK student.

-Golf outing tomorrow afternoon. May take the morning, as well. F em.

-Fans, need a good dance playlist for the summer? Check out my Johnny's Hideaway playlist on Spotify. Motown and shag hits (and more!) from the 50's, 60's, 70's, & 80's. Enjoy.

-First lil ride of the season last night. Great to be out but the wind was howling and the legs were rusty.

-Got a call from abh, we're going to "take it easy Friday." Sounds like a good plan.

-BRAX, need a glove for my almost 3 year old. Whatcha got? Been teaching him the basics in the backyard. Bases, stance, terminology.

-2 visits to Keeneland this week should firmly catapult me into full summer mode. Weather be damned.

-If Green, Washington and Gabriel all bounce... that'll be the first time I'm actually angry at Cal. Green would be inexcusable.

-If Green, Washington and Gabriel all bounce... that'll be the first time I'm actually angry at Cal. Green would be inexcusable.

If he advises them to stay and they bolt, what can you do? If he rips up any of their scholarships, we should rip up his Duncan Donuts card, but I really think he wants each of them back.

How do we get thru to these younguns that it is ok to stay 2, 3 or (gasp) even 4 years? How do you change the culture that makes it terrible if you aren't OAD?

I mean, c'mon Quade. You played 27 minutes per game as a freshman. If you transfer you aren't going to play at all next year. Stop being a pussy and get better.

Gabriel, there are so many rumors out there about you and your family I don't know what to believe. Are you dirt poor? Do all of your siblings really have college degrees? If so, why are they all still dirt poor? All I do know is that 2 more years at UK will make you a much better basketball player.

Washington, you may only need one more year to be 1st round material, but you aren't ready now. Your smirk, smile & flex game is strong. Now let's work on your consistency, defense, jumper and FTs.

Thanks.

We pay someone 8 million to figure that out, it starts and ends with him. Did it really take the Lasalle rumors for him to finally sit down with Quade yesterday, clear the air, and let him know he's being counted on to lead the team? Hope not.

It's apparently common knowledge that they didn't get along last year for whatever reason, so maybe some of that/this is on Quade.

Cal doesn't want any of them to leave, but this is a direct result of how he's spent the last decade marketing the program. "Come to Kentucky, we'll get you to the League in a year." When that doesn't happen, kids start to look around. He miscalculated the long-term effect of this.

Now, he's got to adjust. No more "if we win a title and no kids get drafted, then I'm not happy" quips. No more joint press conferences where 14 players, 3 student managers, a ballboy and Scratch all announce they're declaring for the NBA because "that's what this is all about." Maybe a little less focus on the NBA and a little more on the program itself. If you're making damn near eight figures to run this program, figure that shit out.

Last edited:
We pay someone 8 million to figure that out, it starts and ends with him. Did it really take the Lasalle rumors for him to finally sit down with Quade yesterday, clear the air, and let him know he's being counted on to lead the team? Hope not.

It's apparently common knowledge that they didn't get along last year for whatever reason, so maybe some of that/this is on Quade.

False

He told him he wanted him back....as a 2 guard. He's not leading crap.

That's why Quade has been thinking about leaving since Shai took his spot and Cal moved him to 2 guard.

A 5'9 2 guard.

Well he's not being counted on for shit as a backup off-the-ball guard. Cal clearly told him his plans, and Quade can accept that or go be PG at Lasalle.

I guarantee you Cal was disgusted with Quade last year. You think you're getting some lil bulldog, a 4x state champ, a mature lil floor general. False. Teh canadian outworked him in every aspect, took his job, and Quade immediately started thinking about transferring. How about get your ass in the gym with Shai, loser.

Reactions: WayneDougan
QUADE IS THE ONE WHO REPORTEDLY DOESNT WANT TO BE A 2 GUARD OFF THE BENCH.

Just to clear that up, you guys. I'm just like Cal. Yes, Quade, I want you back...to come sure up our bench and play off the ball. Which is realistic assessment of what Quade is to our team. If he doesn't want that, fine. It's better for his personal PG aspirations if he leaves. Not like he's going pro in anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT