ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved the Willis intentional miss. It was a great "be your brother's keeper" moment, and the degree of difficulty/perfect execution were :100points::100points::100points:

How good can Bam be? He just keeps on getting better and better. Really needs to become an elite rebounder, though. He's been good but not great.

Reactions: JustinSphere
How good can Bam be? He just keeps on getting better and better. Really needs to become an elite rebounder, though. He's been good but not great.

That + finishing through contact with touch off the glass (when he's not dunking or laying it over the rim)

But yeah, you're finally getting a glimpse of the force he can be. Worship. He has such long strides and reach around there...it will seem like he's 5-6 feet away and then suddenly he's dropping it over the rim with ease without even making much of a move.

He is adding an entire new dimension to our team. He was still getting some points early, but pretty much all on his own and not as a focal point of the offense. Going to make a huge difference as the season progresses.

-Wish Scott would've had Gif of Briscoe's 'look' when he was inbounding the ball to begin the 2nd. [laughing] Guy cracks me up.

...Gabriel needs to snap out of it though, damn. He's Alex-style invisible over the past month. Still think he's much better off watching from the bench to start the game, getting a feel, then coming in and providing his energy. He's been horrid as a starter.

Last edited:
Aesthetically speaking, is this the most fun Calipari UK team to watch play? I wouldn't go that far. I'd say 2012 but damn they are fun. Hell, we've probably played the 3 of the 10 best games all season in college basketball.

Still, that '10 squad was awesome to watch just for Wall and the sheer talent. Once '11 got it together in March, they played beautifully. Of course, '15 was fun in the way they obliterated people. I'd put '17 at #2 right now.

Here's Gasaway drooling all over the squad:

http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebas...d/116941/kentucky-is-scoring-faster-than-ever

Reactions: BleedBlueCats21
Now we finally get some interesting Bowl Matchups, at least.

#gambol

Not trying to be an asshole, but which of these bowl games is interesting, must watch TV, where you will take time out of your day and not do anything else because you want to watch the game.

None of them, but I'll be gambling on them & have them on the TV, so the fact we finally get some marquee programs & decent non-empty venues is nice.

Really nice CBB weekend as well.

Enjoy your degenerate Iowa horse tracks.

Last edited:
Bam loves his jump stop. Loved seeing that nifty up and under off the glass last night. Kid is gonna get better and better.

Willis played well despite missing wide open jumpers. He had some great outlet passes. Some were one handed rip and go from the rebound.

Reactions: jayroon
When incredible-shooting teams like UCLA and Villanova suffer off nights, they'll be in trouble. But Kentucky is "merely" (ha) a very good shooting offense. The Wildcats succeed simply by recording more shots.

Good point, and an even better one when you realize we aren't a "very good shooting" offense.

On my way to turning our house into a "smart home". Set up a second echo dot and harmony hub in our living room. I can now control the tv, change the channel, switch inputs, etc...by voice command. It's the height of laziness, but I'll be damned if it doesn't make me feel like George Jetson.

Oh boy. Please start a separate thread for the questions.

Change to HDMI 1

Turn channel to ESPN U

That just sounds incredible. #jelly

Don't actually have any questions, and they certainly wouldn't be asked to you if I did. If want to learn how to shit in a towel or throw clubs in a pond, or get discount logo ProVs, I'll get with you. Although I'm sure you still won't be any help.

Last edited:
I don't have the time or the crayons to explain how it works to you; but, trust me, it is much simpler than whatever 2-3 remote janky ass getup you're using.

Doubt it.

4314901_sd.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

(x2)

Reactions: Mashburned
So, you're giving me shit for using an almost identical setup as you, only I have an option for voice control? Not exactly sure what you're so up in arms about.

Btw, I'm proud of you for having two TVs, and I'm extry proud of you for having two nice remotes.

I would've bet my life that you had the directv remote, a remote for your tv, and then another remote for a soundbar or some other sound system. UK beating UL wasn't a bigger upset. Good job, buddy. You're making progress.

An upset would be me ditching my remotes in favor or some stupid little cylinder that I have to talk to like a weirdo all day long to change the channel.

Voice control isn't the only option, numbnuts. There's a companion app for your phone that actually works just as well and as easily as your $200 remotes. So while you're spreading jizz and Cheeto crumbs all over a remote and your phone, I'm only spreading it over my phone.

God you're a nerd.

This is pretty true.

For the record, I'm pretty sure all I ever said was that it was cool, and felt like I was living in the future. Which is very true.

I'm happy for you that you inherited two nice remotes when you bought your house, but there are other setups out there that work too.

On my way to turning our house into a "smart home". Set up a second echo dot and harmony hub in our living room. I can now control the tv, change the channel, switch inputs, etc...by voice command. It's the height of laziness, but I'll be damned if it doesn't make me feel like George Jetson.
When the grid goes down you and your family are welcome at my house for warmth and shelter, probably have to hike though since your driverless car will have already taken off to join the robot army.

Pack a machete and Bible for the trip.

Constantly telling a device to do simple tasks would drive me absolutely nuts. Can't imagine how Brax wife feels after hearing crap like "hey Alexa turn on Zac brown band, hey Alexa turn up the volume, ok Alexa turn it down that's too much, Alexa skip this song, now turn it up a bit, etc." It's annoying just typing that crap, now imagine saying it to a stupid plastic box that is spying on you. No thanks. Then imagine how the stupid robot box feels. Just a shit relationship all around. Then wait till they became self aware and start trolling you. Nothing good will ever come of this.

When the grid goes down I'll meet you at your cabin, where you'll teach me to hunt, fish, and live off the land. Until then, I'm using technology to become as lazy as possible.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT