ADVERTISEMENT

Guys it’s time to move on from this and come together

LMAO ........... when in history of sports has this ever happened? it doesnt and wont because humans want what they want and if they decided they want a coach gone, they will jump at every instance , every mistake.. everything to ensure it happens . This is why this 2025 season is destined for failure. There is a reason why no coach has ever lost the fan base and faith of everyone and come back to the same program and had good success.

The death spiral is on and the first loss to Duke in early november , you'll see that there is no stopping it.
Let’s post the stages of Kentucky Basketball under Cal

1.) after season- changes will be made <——— we are here
2.) portal additions and surprise returnee
3.) summer hype
4.) pre season ranking
5.) season starts
6.) champions classic loss
7.) 2 big game losses before December
8.) camp Cal
9.) Early SEC stumble
10.) SEC winning streak
11.) building momentum and coming together before March.
12.) just short of SEC regular season

Zee Tweak

13.) hype before SECT
14.) first round SECT loss
15.) good bracket draw and prediction hype
16.) lose to another low seed in R64/32
17.) start it all over again, madness, will Cal be fired

Last edited:
Where do these posters come from? Some of these takes I've been reading this week are absolutely buffoonish.
So what are we supposed to do? There isn’t a damn thing that can be done by any of us. We have no control over the situation . It’s a waste of time and effort.

• Haha
Reactions: mdlUK.1 and catben
Our voices were heard loud and clear. He is returning so let’s rally behind the program and see what happens. Something tells me his feet will be held to the fire a bit more going forward. Let’s see less NBA talk and more championships. This program is our program no matter who coaches them. I have went outside, screamed to the hills, said a few words I’ll need to repent for and I’ve come back in ready to go. But we better see results or next time, Barney can call two moving trucks.
You are living in fantasy land....expect the shit show to continue.

Won’t happen.

The anger genie isn’t going back in the bottle until UK wins big in the postseason or Cal leaves/is fired.

This board won’t be for the faint of heart. Not a lot of positive discussion will be found around here. Next season’s positives will be quickly dismissed and every loss will further fuel the fire that’s engulfed this fanbase. This is no longer a squeaky wheel
or vocal minority. It’s a majority now.

Our voices were heard loud and clear. He is returning so let’s rally behind the program and see what happens. Something tells me his feet will be held to the fire a bit more going forward. Let’s see less NBA talk and more championships. This program is our program no matter who coaches them. I have went outside, screamed to the hills, said a few words I’ll need to repent for and I’ve come back in ready to go. But we better see results or next time, Barney can call two moving trucks.
Count me among those not ready for the milk and cookies stuff just yet.

Last edited:
Cal is Lucy with the football teed up, and we the fans are Charley Brown ready to kick! We will be foiled again!

Hoping Cal says this is his last. I’d be ok with that. Too late now to get a great replacement. I don’t see anyone that is a sure fire hire… like Cal was.

Don’t want to lose 6 top 20 recruits plus the returners. Don’t want to burn the program down. Soft landing. I like the present team and am hoping 5 or so return. I think we could have a very good roster.

Can’t do anything about it and I’ve survived 7 coaches … several whose shelf life has expired in the job. I’m a Wildcat forever. Thick and thin. Go Cats!

• Haha
Reactions: bookerfan66
Give it up. I’m not rallying around this dumpster fire again.

Reactions: Catfan2226
Cal doesn't "rally behind the program".. sheesh. He rallies behind 1. Himself and his self interests and 2. NBA aspirations which he feels also promotes 1. Himself John Calipari.

He is NOT for UK, the program, the fans or the university. His priorities are elsewhere and if those benefit UK we should be grateful at his greatness... If it doesn't, only the UK peasants care... Not him.

This is sickening. UK has really embraced mediocrity at every level. The new UK standard under Mitch/Cal... "Meh... Good enough... Maybe next year". Print it.

Wait til he brings Brad in on staff as well after a year "coaching in the SEC at Vandy"... Lol...salt meet wound.

Last edited:
They're trolls from other teams' fanbases.
I am not a Troll. You take that back. We fought the battle. I’d like to think we made some progress. Time will tell. I just choose to move on from the gloom and doom. We need to unite and do our best to will this team to a title. I’ve not surrendered my position. I’m just saying there are better things to focus on. We can only control so much if it. Listen to what I’m saying. He’s on a very short leash the next 12 months. It’s up to all of us to hold him accountable. And for gods sake don’t pull politics into the conversation. Don’t ruin it with that bullshit.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood2.0
Won’t happen.

The anger genie isn’t going back in the bottle until UK wins big in the postseason or Cal leaves/is fired.

This board won’t be for the faint of heart. Not a lot of positive discussion will be found around here. Next season’s positives will be quickly dismissed and every loss will further fuel the fire that’s engulfed this fanbase. This is no longer a squeaky wheel
or vocal minority. It’s a majority now.
Anger genies? The faint of heart? We've had posters for years call Calipari "COW" and Barnhart "Brainfart." And the same 25 posters who say they're not watching anymore really want this site's other posters to know they're not watching anymore because they sign in and tell us daily. I understand the frustration but we're dealing with adults largely between the ages of 40-75 acting like kids on the internet. Rafters ain't exactly a place to fear.

Reactions: FiveStarCat
Yeah, I’m not supporting the fat poser. I’ll still watch, but no $$$ spent on UK until that fat poser is gone. Mitch needs to go too for allowing it to continue.
The more people who watch the higher the tv ratings..it’s even easier to track now with streaming ..and ratings mean payouts

I’m only one person but I’m not contributing a nth percent by watching

And this hurts because I love basketball..and I won’t replace Kentucky with another team. Therefore…no basketball at all

At some point everyone has to decide for themselves how much you care about Kentucky basketball and how much you enjoy watching it. At this point, what’s done is done and there’s nothing you can do as a fan to change anything in the program. Now I do believe since the Oakland game the fanbase was heard loud and clear. I do think it mattered. I’ve spent a week trying to hire Bruce Pearl. But starting tomorrow morning you won’t matter again. It’s done. He’s back.

I’m not telling anyone how to fan. I don’t care how you fan. Many of you love Kentucky basketball enough to watch and support the team in spite of cal. Some of you may love cal equally with the team. There may be some of you that hate cal to the point that you cannot stomach watching Kentucky play at all. Keep in mind all the factors. Reed Sheppard may very well be back on the team. I love watching him play man and I personally wouldn’t miss it. I’d like to see big Z have some more games like the Georgia game. We’ll see I guess

But holy hell do we have to spend another year hating the shit out of each other? I like talking shit too I admit that. But we need to find some common ground here. A lot of people don’t like the president but we all still have to live here. May as well enjoy the place. We don’t have to rub cal in each others face every time we win or lose a game. It’s getting old. Just get behind whatever kids are out on the floor wearing the Kentucky jersey.

Go cats.

Nope

No thanks....do as you feel. I'm totally against this move.

At some point everyone has to decide for themselves how much you care about Kentucky basketball and how much you enjoy watching it. At this point, what’s done is done and there’s nothing you can do as a fan to change anything in the program. Now I do believe since the Oakland game the fanbase was heard loud and clear. I do think it mattered. I’ve spent a week trying to hire Bruce Pearl. But starting tomorrow morning you won’t matter again. It’s done. He’s back.

I’m not telling anyone how to fan. I don’t care how you fan. Many of you love Kentucky basketball enough to watch and support the team in spite of cal. Some of you may love cal equally with the team. There may be some of you that hate cal to the point that you cannot stomach watching Kentucky play at all. Keep in mind all the factors. Reed Sheppard may very well be back on the team. I love watching him play man and I personally wouldn’t miss it. I’d like to see big Z have some more games like the Georgia game. We’ll see I guess

But holy hell do we have to spend another year hating the shit out of each other? I like talking shit too I admit that. But we need to find some common ground here. A lot of people don’t like the president but we all still have to live here. May as well enjoy the place. We don’t have to rub cal in each others face every time we win or lose a game. It’s getting old. Just get behind whatever kids are out on the floor wearing the Kentucky jersey.

Go cats.
I like your attitude and gave your post a like. But I feel like I know what is going to happen next year and it isn't something I want to watch. I feel the same way about Sheppard but I'll get by with watching his highlights; just can't stand to watch more inexplicably bad lineups and roster composition and other signs of bad coaching. I could talk longer than I wish to just about the defensive coaching...

Reactions: Rockfly78
I like your attitude and gave your post a like. But I feel like I know what is going to happen next year and it isn't something I want to watch. I feel the same way about Sheppard but I'll get by with watching his highlights; just can't stand to watch more inexplicably bad lineups and roster composition and other signs of bad coaching. I could talk longer than I wish to just about the defensive coaching...
I am afraid that no matter how well the team plays during the season I will just be waiting for a March collapse. But I’ll still watch. Kentucky sports is my favorite form of entertainment. Nobody can rob me of that.

Reactions: bigbluedon
Absolutely not.

Lot of kumbaya accounts I never noticed before this week.
Yes, Aike. So much so that late last week I went back to the dictionary just to make sure I was correctly recalling the definition of "a polllyana". My recollection was correct and, of course, that metaphor fits the Legion of Sunshine Pumpers to a "T".

Reactions: Myth Buster51
I am afraid that no matter how well the team plays during the season I will just be waiting for a March collapse. But I’ll still watch. Kentucky sports is my favorite form of entertainment. Nobody can rob me of that.
I used to be that way about baseball and the Reds but havn't watched a game in 35 years. Used to love
the NFL but then discovered soccer and now only watch real football. Kentucky will always be my alma mater and favorite team and if I'm still alive I'll be back watching them after next year when Cal does get fired.

Reactions: Rockfly78
I used to be that way about baseball and the Reds but havn't watched a game in 35 years. Used to love
the NFL but then discovered soccer and now only watch real football. Kentucky will always be my alma mater and favorite team and if I'm still alive I'll be back watching them after next year when Cal does get fired.
Oh man. I’m trying really hard not fight with you about that “real football” comment lol.

Oh man. I’m trying really hard not fight with you about that “real football” comment lol.
I swear if you watch it you will get hooked. :)
I started watching because a good friend from Mexico didn't have internet and wanted to watch
some games at my house. There is a reason it's the world's most popular sport. I think it's impossible
for any sports fan to watch 5 Premier League games and not get addicted.

Reactions: KTBFFH92
It's more a geographical love for UK, than anything else. I was born and raised in the state of Kentucky...

Yeah, you're right it's time to watch other teams play the rest of the tournament....

Reactions: RunninRichie
I’ll cheer for the team, but definitely less excited and probably won’t watch all the games. I’m just apathetic as long as Cal is the coach.

Reactions: bigbluedon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT