ADVERTISEMENT

Guess we'll see how this goes..

Yeah.

Everyone other than FSU and Miami better be shaking in their shoes.

A 30 million shortfall??

Take out FSU and Miami, and their’ll be a MUCH bigger shortfall for the remaining teams.

U of L might well be going from the frying pan to the fire.

Frankly, though I doubt the Grant of Rights will be eliminated judicially. Just a gut feeling that any voluntary participant will have a steep burden to set it aside as it potentially costs them money.

BUUUTTT, courts have set aside “non-compete agreements” voluntarily entered into by competent parties, soooo, it ain’t impossible.

Anyone at FSU, North Carolina and Miami who allowed such a lengthy agreement to govern their actions should be sued for malpractice!!!!

So a party who willingly signed an agreement they thought put them ahead of the game turns out to be a bad decision wants the court system to bail them out? That same court system is the same one that has turned college sports into an auction. So lets create a precedent of signing a contract that turns out to be a bad decision being voided because we don't like it. Sounds like a great plan.

So a party who willingly signed an agreement they thought put them ahead of the game turns out to be a bad decision wants the court system to bail them out? That same court system is the same one that has turned college sports into an auction. So lets create a precedent of signing a contract that turns out to be a bad decision being voided because we don't like it. Sounds like a great plan.
Just do what Tom Jurich and U6 did to build the Yum Center. Use your foundations money to bribe all the local politicians and judges. Easy Peezy.

ACC counter sues.

This process could give FSU some leverage, especially if Clemson, Miami, and UNC joined as petitioners.

If there a clause about the ACC remaining competitive with other leagues as far as payouts go, FSU has a case.

Who knows, but the way the keep the GoR under lock and key seems sketchy as hell.

If there a clause about the ACC remaining competitive with other leagues as far as payouts go, FSU has a case.

Who knows, but the way the keep the GoR under lock and key seems sketchy as hell.

Would the product they are putting out have any bearing? FSU put a good product on the field this year, but a couple years ago they were struggling getting to a bowl. No one forced them to join and sign.

Reactions: secrules3
There's apparently some question to if they signed the current agreement. If my reading comprehension is correct (and who knows at my age), the agreement was amended to have the new GoR and the signatures carried over. I'm sure schools were consulted, but this seems to be one of the arguments I'm seeing out of FSU fans.

I agree though. It's an absolutely horrid precedent to set. Rather firmly believe this is more about negotiating a lower buyout

Yeah.

Everyone other than FSU and Miami better be shaking in their shoes.

A 30 million shortfall??

Take out FSU and Miami, and their’ll be a MUCH bigger shortfall for the remaining teams.

U of L might well be going from the frying pan to the fire.

Frankly, though I doubt the Grant of Rights will be eliminated judicially. Just a gut feeling that any voluntary participant will have a steep burden to set it aside as it potentially costs them money.

BUUUTTT, courts have set aside “non-compete agreements” voluntarily entered into by competent parties, soooo, it ain’t impossible.

Anyone at FSU, North Carolina and Miami who allowed such a lengthy agreement to govern their actions should be sued for malpractice!!!!
This is an apple to the orange of the groundshift for the players. FSU is dreaming... or more accurately... "forcefully negotiating".

The schools don’t even have copies.
Yeah the ACC knows about freedom of information asks

so only 1 copy anywhere of the conference contracts. And it's in their headquarters, any member school who asks to see it has to surrender their phone so no pictures are taken, and they are supervised the whole time, can't make notes either.

• Wow
Reactions: Caveman Catfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT