ADVERTISEMENT

Guess Matt Jones’ Salary

Bloggers and YouTube "stars" make hundreds of thousands per year. I don't doubt that Matt makes $250k from the hits on KSR.com alone.

I'm guessing 300K a year but I dont think he makes as much money as some think on the website because with that he's sharing the wealth with his friends and workers...

I remember him talking about how shocked he was about how much money ESPN's check to him was for..... ... kinda shows how much less he makes on hey ky and the radio gig.... but there are some who just think everyone on the radio and TV are becoming rich ... But I do bet he's getting a sweet check from ESPN from this new gig on Sundays.

Bloggers and YouTube "stars" make hundreds of thousands per year. I don't doubt that Matt makes $250k from the hits on KSR.com alone.

He wouldnt be doing the ESPN gig if he was making that money. We pride ourselves for BBN but the real youtube stars and bloggers that are national get 10 times plus the hits and views ....

The radio show is fantastically entertaining and informative.

Lol...no, it isn't. And the majority of the "information" or scoop he has to offer has been swiped from those who truly know WTH is going on, and/or already been discussed.

Depends on how his business is set up. If he's an S Corp or an LLC, then he probably pays himself a salary.

yes... all us readers and call-inners should demand to be paid for our time and comments.... why should MJ be making all the jack?.... If it weren't for us he'd be getting pounded by The Hammer!

Ksbar and grille was loaded down to the gills Saturday night.

.... I don't understand the hate.

I don't understand the hate either, but then that's just the culture we live in now. OTOH, I also don't agree that show is fantastically entertaining and informative. In fact, when I listen - which admittedly, isn't a lot - I'm surprised how little info there is. They basically talk about whatever the news of the day is and each gives an opinion. Really geared to millenials - several guys sitting around talking about silly stuff.

As for the debate earlier in the thread about how much "local news" people make. On one hand, I work with a woman who used to be a reporter for one of the local stations, I think WDRB. She told me they start at $12,000 a year. Now, that was a few years ago. Still. On the other hand, I know Terry Meiner makes well into 6 figures. He's the personality driving that show, so he can arguably take a lot of credit for any advertising revenues that come in. "Local" can mean different things.

All that needs to be said.

Whatever it is, good for him. He's apparently very generous and I don't understand the hate.

Haters gonna hate.
Now that I'm in the listening area I'll listen to his show if they're talking sports. If they're doing their fast food chain face off or some other non sports debate then I'll turn the radio dial...but I don't hate the guy. He found a niche and ran with it. Can't fault him for that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT