ADVERTISEMENT

Greenville, TN

Kingsporter here as well. The others have described it perfectly. Greeneville is a really nice town for it's size. Plenty of outdoor opportunities if you like to kayak or raft with the Nolichucky, which has great smallmouth fishing as well. Paint Creek has some good trout fishing and you can also make a short drive on 70 over to Hot Springs NC which offers some good trout fishing on Spring Creek, Big Laurel and Shelton Laurel as well as more great kayak/rafting and smallmouth action on the French Broad, and as has been stated, it's a short drive to Asheville.

Do you live in Kingsport or one of the surrounding communities? I live in Fair Acres about a half mile from DB. It's amazing how many UK fans live here.

Do you live in Kingsport or one of the surrounding communities? I live in Fair Acres about a half mile from DB. It's amazing how many UK fans live here.

I live in the great suburb of Orebank [laughing] Yep, there's a ton of UK fans here. I'm guessing most came from Eastern KY, or out of SWVA like myself. My wife & I retired from the Big E last year, and are looking at moving to Florida after the first of the year. Overall though, there are far worse places to live than NE Tennessee.

I live in the great suburb of Orebank [laughing] Yep, there's a ton of UK fans here. I'm guessing most came from Eastern KY, or out of SWVA like myself. My wife & I retired from the Big E last year, and are looking at moving to Florida after the first of the year. Overall though, there are far worse places to live than NE Tennessee.

Orebank is great. I have a lot of friends over there. Yeah this is a great place to raise a family. My dad grew up in Lynch, KY. My grandfather was the football coach over there when they won a couple of state championships. Good luck in Florida.

Reactions: grousehunter66
Orebank is great. I have a lot of friends over there. Yeah this is a great place to raise a family. My dad grew up in Lynch, KY. My grandfather was the football coach over there when they won a couple of state championships. Good luck in Florida.

I'm originally from Big Stone Gap. Actually saw the Lynch Bulldogs play once over at Appalachia. They had a little RB named Joe Washington who was dynamite and went for about 300 yards that night.

Reactions: spotter34
I'm originally from Big Stone Gap. Actually saw the Lynch Bulldogs play once over at Appalachia. They had a little RB named Joe Washington who was dynamite and went for about 300 yards that night.

I've heard that name before. Not sure when he played there.

Greeneville has an incredibly nice auditorium adjacent to the high school. It's called the Niswonger Performing Arts Center and they bring in a series of shows each year...... including some name acts who were bigger names 10-15 years ago BUT still pretty cool to see. It's a surprising variety of shows for such a small city. Tusculum College plays pretty decent DII level sports (my hometown Mars Hill University is in the South Atlantic Conference with them). Mid-Major DI is available in nearby Johnson City with East Tennessee State and then Knoxville and UT are just under an hour away too. It's a nice area.

Reactions: Cawood86 and JDHoss
ADVERTISEMENT