ADVERTISEMENT

Great Start by Texas A&M

I love our freshmen guards. All three will play in the NBA. But when you make DaJuan Harris, RJ Davis and Wade Taylor look like Steph Curry, Dame Lillard and Trae Young—how is it going to look over the next few years when you’re actually guarding Steph Curry, Dame Lillard and Trae Young? I know the NBA is wide open but you have to occasionally stop people.

Have we improved on defense since the beginning of the year? Doesn’t look like it to me. Why do you think we’re about start improving?
Tend to think that a younger team with high level athletes has a lot of room for improvement on defense. Bradshaw and Onyenso also got a late start to the year and figure they'll gradually get better at contesting shots. Not to mention the (hopeful) soon return of Thiero soon will bolster defense.

It's much easier to coach good offensive players how to play defense than the other way around. I trust Calipari a lot more to coach defensive improvement than offensive improvement.

I love our freshmen guards. All three will play in the NBA. But when you make DaJuan Harris, RJ Davis and Wade Taylor look like Steph Curry, Dame Lillard and Trae Young—how is it going to look over the next few years when you’re actually guarding Steph Curry, Dame Lillard and Trae Young? I know the NBA is wide open but you have to occasionally stop people.
DaJuan Harris is the one that was for sure unacceptable. He’s not a scorer at all so that was crazy to let him go off .

Texas A&M is 1/15 from 3 in the first half. What a joke! This is why I get so irritated with these SEC teams playing like an NBA team against us and then looking like this crap against anyone else. They get so hyped and pumped for UK then go look like a pile of poo against others.

Teams who do crap like this should have to forfeit the win against UK when they do this. It's infuriating.

Texas A&M is 1/15 from 3 in the first half. What a joke! This is why I get so irritated with these SEC teams playing like an NBA team against us and then looking like this crap against anyone else. They get so hyped and pumped for UK then go look like a pile of poo against others.

Teams who do crap like this should have to forfeit the win against UK when they do this. It's infuriating.
Kentuckys defense is just bad this year, in years past the Kentucky effect may have been a thing. But this year Kentucky is just letting everybody go off

It isn’t the Kentucky effect, it’s more Kentucky is dogshit defensively. They let Radford who is a left handed player get to his left hand all day, they let Taylor get off good looks all day
Not picking on you personally but I hate this response. Yes we’re not great on D but neither is Arkansas. A&M is 1-15 tonight with most wide open. They drilled everything against us. So I ask, if most are wide open, how is one team playing better defensively than the other? Why is it so hard to admit teams shoot their wad against us and we get everyone’s best shot? Do you just hate cal that much and want to kill him over everything?

Kentuckys defense is just bad this year, in years past the Kentucky effect may have been a thing. But this year Kentucky is just letting everybody go off
Eh I’d agree but not on this point. Arkansas’s defense is LOWER ranked than ours. We let them score too much but we didn’t get the real A&M either.

I’m worried about the D but we caught a perfect storm at their place.

UK's defense sucked against A&M down the stretch. There wasn't any "Kentucky effect" in that game.

You give up 97 through 45 minutes to that trash team, and it's a clear indication that there are going to be massive defensive issues the rest of the way.
There wasn’t any Kentucky effect? You watching this Arkansas game? A&M has missed countless open looks and missed them badly. Arkansas has like the 322nd ranked scoring defense in D1.

A&M isn’t even trying to attack the rim and when they do they aren’t getting ever single whistle. The commentators just said Mussleman said he was gonna take away their two guards and let the other 3 guys try to beat them. I wonder why Cal didn’t try that in the second half.
U gotta have someone that can cut them off to do it

UK's defense sucked against A&M down the stretch. There wasn't any "Kentucky effect" in that game.

You give up 97 through 45 minutes to that trash team, and it's a clear indication that there are going to be massive defensive issues the rest of the way.
Both are true here. A&M missing wide open thees they easily drained is definitely Kentucky Effect.

And why do you think they shot 40 percent man. Because they got wide ass open looks and got to the rim. But don’t let facts get in the way
Every team gets wide open looks throughout the course of the game. The reason 3’s are being taken on most occasions is because the player taking the 3 is open. We had several wide open 3’s ourselves during the A&M game which we failed to knock down. I also recall our D forcing them to take some tough 3’s at A&M whether a hand in their face or from a few feet behind the line and they were still knocking them down. Haven’t watched tonight’s game with Arkansas but I’d bet the shots they missed tonight were even more open than the ones they knocked down against us. Radford/Taylor combined to go 9/19 against us while going 5/19 tonight with radford going 0-5. Radford has now played in 6 games since returning from injury. In 5 of those games he’s hit a total of 3 from deep (3-20) He went 3-6 from deep in our game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT