ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer....the sequel

Really enjoy Rhinegeist beers. Juicy Truth was exceptional. Citrusy. Grapefruit dominates. Hazy.

crop

Gallant Fox Hillside Hefe. Got the classic banana taste but not too much. Tastes like a light La Fin Due Monde. Outstanding.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Down in Texas this week and just had a Live Oak Hefeweizen. WOW! Like drinking a citrusy banana. Has to be at the top of the charts for wheat beers along with Hoegaarden. I'm not so sure that I don't like Live Oak better. Un-real.

Hefeweizen Is not a style I typically drink, not a huge fan. I would try that, however. I have had some fruity Saisons that were funky and good.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
Had a couple of really good local IPA's in Phoenix last month. Heading to Vegas next month and always like to see what some of the bars have on their local rotation schedule.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Re: wheats, Hefeweizens, Weizens, etc.

Best I've yet drank has been Weihenstephaner direct from the keg in Germany. Imported Weihenstephaner often includes a metallic taste.

Close second: Flensburger Weizen. Heavy on banana. Highly addictive. Widely available in USA.

Flensburger_Weizen__23591.1587953651.jpg
Will be looking for the Flensburger. Never heard of it. Enjoying a Weihenstephaner right now.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT