ADVERTISEMENT

Gotta be willing to go to B. Brown a bit more

brian.mikeson

Sophomore
Aug 30, 2014
...kept waiting all day for something...ANYTHING to be thrown toward Barion.

Sometimes -- like when ahead of the chains on 2nd Down -- would love to see us just give him a chance one-on-one down the numbers.

Can't believe it actually worked on a 4th Down with the game on the line (and can't believe THEY didn't give the Corner some Safety help vs. a speedster), but I'll take it!

Put him and Dane on the same side of the formation...get Dane running stemmed routes that break open about 2.5sec, but look to Barion first on a vertical route just in case.

Sometimes -- like when ahead of the chains on 2nd Down -- would love to see us just give him a chance one-on-one down the numbers.

Can't believe it actually worked on a 4th Down with the game on the line (and can't believe THEY didn't give the Corner some Safety help vs. a speedster), but I'll take it!

Put him and Dane on the same side of the formation...get Dane running stemmed routes that break open about 2.5sec, but look to Barion first on a vertical route just in case.
I actually hated the call lol. Such a low percentage play. But hey, I’m not complaining .

It was there most of the game. It was pure stupidity that we didn't go that way several times earlier. It would have really open underneath routes,and helped with the run game. I'm happy with the win, but that not the way to have a winning season in the SEC!

Absolutely not. Finally going away from continuously force feeding him is the reason we looked much better the last few weeks. Hes our 4th best wr. Give him the ball when hes open. Nothing more nothing less.

Reactions: gamecockcat
in his 3 seasons he hasn’t shown to be a down field threat. Doesn’t finish routes consistently not sharp cuts on routes and his hands often don’t complete catches on downfield throws but he was one on one in that set and just got to run by with vandergriff doing a good job dropping it in. It wasn’t a play I thought we would win a game one but he didn’t have to fight the db any to get down field and did a good job with the timely push off for separation.

Reactions: gamecockcat
Disagree with the OP. Of our 51 receptions this year, Key leads with 15 and Brown is second with 12.

I definitely wouldn’t want them taking receptions away from Key to give to Brown. Key’s just a much better route runner with much better hands.

Which means you need to reduce the limited receptions guys like Mackin get in order to give them to Brown. Not sure I like that approach either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT