ADVERTISEMENT

Got tickets from UK

Feb 14, 2007
Got my tickets for the bowl game today. Doesn’t look like great seats in section P52. Anyone have experience in that stadium or section. Thanks.

Yea I have 4 season tickets on the 30 for UK and sittting in a corner for the bowl. I swore when they went to Jacksonville and I went through them that I wouldn’t do it again. However, I wanted to try to show some loyalty, lesson learned again. Not happy but still should be a good time.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I had to get 10 together and so had little option but to hope that UK would at least give us decent seats, have not got mine yet, so fingers still crossed.

I got tickets for the a&m game this year. Three rows from the top and their system wouldn’t let me print them. Called. No one called back. Stub hub is the best bet...

Got my tickets for the bowl game today. Doesn’t look like great seats in section P52. Anyone have experience in that stadium or section. Thanks.

Camping-World-Stadium-Section-P52-Row-M-on-11-18-2017f.jpg

Reactions: louie21us
The bowl gives UK a block of seats and yes UK gives the best seats in that block to its fans based on kfund points. So you cant blame UK for your seats geez.

Thanks captain obvious. Literally all of us knew that's how it worked.

The issue is the school not securing a better block of seats. This is my fourth or fifth bowl. Our blocks were always less than optimal. But this is the worst yet

I’ve never been to a stadium where there is a “bad” seat. Some are better than others but they all have good views. I was at the very top for A&M In the small UK section and actually really enjoyed the seats. Some have better views but once the game starts it doesn’t matter where I’m at, I’ll find a way to see the game.

From various hints, sales are going pretty briskly, and UK may sell out of it’s initial allotment.

In years past, they’ve had to order extra.

FWIW, My group did not go through UK this year, for the first time.

They want you to go through the school because that helps show tickets bought by UK fans and can help with getting better bowl bids in the future. The problem is UK (or any school I'm guessing) never gets good tickets to sell to the fans (at least that is what I hear every year) and more and more people choose to buy them from other places.

You'd think the schools should get the premium seats and all the corners would go to the general public. The schools could then allocate those tickets how they see fit with point systems or whatever. Instead they get what they get and the fans get screwed. I know if I ever get to go to a bowl game I will likely buy tickets from somewhere other than the school.

They want you to go through the school because that helps show tickets bought by UK fans and can help with getting better bowl bids in the future. The problem is UK (or any school I'm guessing) never gets good tickets to sell to the fans (at least that is what I hear every year) and more and more people choose to buy them from other places.

You'd think the schools should get the premium seats and all the corners would go to the general public. The schools could then allocate those tickets how they see fit with point systems or whatever. Instead they get what they get and the fans get screwed. I know if I ever get to go to a bowl game I will likely buy tickets from somewhere other than the school.

That is exactly right but 10 together via Stub hub was going to cost more than we wanted to spend

Again you lack any knowledge about the situation, how is UK going to tell the Bowl we aren't going to take the seats provided and you call me names. Your total lack of civility is quite telling.

I didn't mean it to be a lack of civility. You were just telling us stuff we already knew while coming off as some expert with inside knowledge.

It's more an indictment of the bowl system than anything. They give the schools the sh1t seats noone wants because they know zealous fans will be sign up for the preorder to help their school. Then keep the best seats for their sponsors and private sale.

Reactions: catben
My wife and I did not decide to go to the Bowl game until we saw the Alumni Association deal which we decided to do. Since we had waited I was past the time to pre order though UK to get priority ticket based on my K-Fund rank. So when I went to my UK account to order our tickets the option I got was Section 207 which is in upper deck but I was able to get 4th row and this Section appears to be around 30 yard line.

My wife and I did not decide to go to the Bowl game until we saw the Alumni Association deal which we decided to do. Since we had waited I was past the time to pre order though UK to get priority ticket based on my K-Fund rank. So when I went to my UK account to order our tickets the option I got was Section 207 which is in upper deck but I was able to get 4th row and this Section appears to be around 30 yard line.

Way better than the preorder. We're all dead in the corner. Glad you got a better deal, but this is exactly what I pointed out above.

The thing I wonder about in the upper Section is the type of Seats. I am sure they not Chair seats but hoping they at least Bench back and not just a Bench.

The thing I wonder about in the upper Section is the type of Seats. I am sure they not Chair seats but hoping they at least Bench back and not just a Bench.
The game should be close to a sellout. I'm in 517, which is basically the opposite end from where the OP's tickets are, that's partly because I didn't want to pay upwards of $200 per ticket to get something on the sideline, and I'm not sitting in the upper deck.

One thing in the upper section. You cannot bring in seatbacks that have a rigid frame. I cannot find any information about seatback rentals.

I never order tickets through UK for the bowl games. The give the crappy seats to the schools first because they know season ticket holders will order them and they can sell the worst seats first. I get mine through stubhub.

I never order tickets through UK for the bowl games. The give the crappy seats to the schools first because they know season ticket holders will order them and they can sell the worst seats first. I get mine through stubhub.

I am high on the K Fund list, and my seats were never as good as I could buy from scalpers or Ticketmaster. I quit buying from UK for the Bowl games. I still buy my 2 NCAA Tournament Tickets from UK, and their usually very good. If I'm not happy with them, it's always easy to trade for better seats.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

It's a risk going through UK for sure. This season, I think tickets will be at a premium so relying on secondary market will cost $$$.

If they are in the MCB or Belk or something, you can probably wait and scoop secondary tickets at below face value.

We get ours through UK and are never that excited either. BUT, we don't have club seats at Kroger and don't have season tickets to any other UK programs so...

What is the plaza level at CWS anyway? We're in P5.

One thing in the upper section. You cannot bring in seatbacks that have a rigid frame. I cannot find any information about seatback rentals.

Thanks for that info. Was afraid that Uppers were bench only. Hope for Stadium Seat rental options

I got tickets for the a&m game this year. Three rows from the top and their system wouldn’t let me print them. Called. No one called back. Stub hub is the best bet...

Tickets for away games are controlled by the home team. UK holds an allotment and distributes from it but has no way to allow you to print or otherwise do any electronic ticketing unless that is offered by the home team. Any issues you would have with the tickets after they are distributed would need to be addressed by the home team.

I didn't even get an option ,that I knew of . Still don't know where i'm sitting. I need to lean more about the system, just assumed we would get better seats going through the school.:flushed::angry:

Thanks captain obvious. Literally all of us knew that's how it worked.

The issue is the school not securing a better block of seats. This is my fourth or fifth bowl. Our blocks were always less than optimal. But this is the worst yet
At least it seems 51 and 52 will be rocking. Hope to see everyone there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT