ADVERTISEMENT

Goodman: Osobor Out

Well looks like the the nut found the blind squirrel on this one. Im going see how many more he can find. Lol
hamster wtf GIF

I'd say we've gauranteed some NIL to all seven we have so far, even Chandler and Perry.
This just my guess but I'd say we've spent maybe $5 million on the seven we have and I
think I heard we had about $8 million. So that could still get us 3 big time players. Maybe?
I'm just speculating; havn't done all the research.
Yuck. I hate what college sports have become.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Osobor probably headed to Washington with his former coach. If he's not willing to get on board with what Pope is trying to build, then we move on to the next. I think reports that he was a lean to us or headed here were very premature.

Yuck. I hate what college sports have become.
The only concern I have is that the universities should be the ones paying the players directly. If they want to stop the constant renegotiating and transfer portal, then this is the only way to reach that goal.

If there is $8M to pay players now. Then that means the schools/NCAA have been pocketing 10x as much or more over the previous decades. There is nothing wrong with players getting a piece of the pie. And it could be controlled much better if and when the NCAA allows the schools to pay the players directly.

The only concern I have is that the universities should be the ones paying the players directly. If they want to stop the constant renegotiating and transfer portal, then this is the only way to reach that goal.

If there is $8M to pay players now. Then that means the schools/NCAA have been pocketing 10x as much or more over the previous decades. There is nothing wrong with players getting a piece of the pie. And it could be controlled much better if and when the NCAA allows the schools to pay the players directly.
I'm ready for college basketball to implode if that's what it takes to bring people back to their senses.

I'm ready for college basketball to implode if that's what it takes to bring people back to their senses.
I'm not sure how you define implode. But arbitrarily preventing the most essential participants in the product from profiting isn't going to happen. From my perspective the advent of NIL is people finally coming to their senses.

I'm not sure how you define implode. But arbitrarily preventing the most essential participants in the product from profiting isn't going to happen. From my perspective the advent of NIL is people finally coming to their senses.
It would be obvious to most people what implode, as it pertains to college basketball, means. College is there for an education. If you're not there for that, then you belong in a league somewhere if you're not good enough for the NBA. The further removed from the NBA UK gets, the better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT