ADVERTISEMENT

Goodman: Osobor Out

The timing is the weird part... so, the recruit is in the MIDDLE of his visit, yet outsiders like Goodman, Jones, etc all already know the player has decided against playing at UK?

Maybe they will end up being correct, but I just don't trust they had real info that said he was out already at that point.
I agree, if he is in fact on campus (which I have no reason not to believe) it’s very strange timing with the Garrison commit and the “no longer considering” news. It must not have gone well for any number of reasons. It is a blow, but maybe not a “miss”, it may have just been the right fit for the program/him. It would be interesting to know because that had to be awkward.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Just so you know MeManTOY went off yesterday saying KY was not out for Osobor after Goodmans tweet.

He was yet wrong AGAIN.
So was that Ricks guy that's been guessing.

We have to adjust to Goodman having a direct line for UK info going forward. I don't like it but it is what it is.

Per Pilgrim

Staff wanted a commitment while on campus. GREAT wants to do all visits

NIL is also a reason. Staff want to use money for back court and don't want to get in bidding war over Great
That is fine.

But what cant happen is he visits louisville, commits and cancels the other visits.

Per Pilgrim

Staff wanted a commitment while on campus. GREAT wants to do all visits

NIL is also a reason. Staff want to use money for back court and don't want to get in bidding war over Great
If true, I can live with it. If you got two guys you have targeted and one is ready to commit, I don't have an issue with going with the guy ready to come onboard. The recruiting game can move fast, and if you wait around for one guy you can end up getting screwed in the end. On the flip side I have zero issue with a player taking all his visits, but neither side is obligated to wait around on the other.

Hopefully he goes to Washington if not here.

And as I said earlier in thread it's hard to get 9 to 10 transfers when most transfer to want to start or get big time playing time. NIL helps but money only helps so much.

If he's no longer considering UK, it doesn't matter what he does from here. Its most likely Washington.

Love how Jones Sports radio are claiming Matt "broke the news" when, if anyone, it was Goodman's guess that really "broke the news" .... lmao. The guessers are battling it out for supremacy just like the trolls on here the past month. Can't even be honest with themselves.

Yes and that’s why u take a McDonald’s all American center with 3 years of eligibility left. We are building now hopefully and not reloading 8 players per season. It never worked it hasn’t worked for anyone we got lucky once yes but it wasn’t sustainable. Coach K switched to recruiting that way and it didn’t and hasn’t worked with all the talent he got. Keep continuity as best u can and bring in building blocks year after year and eventually you will have that special team.

I had bought into the Osobor hype, but if he wishes to go elsewhere, so be it.
The statement Pope is "not fighting" is odd unless you personally know Pope. There have been a few times where UK has waited far too long on their pick of the recruit litter and by the time they said no the next best choice...or two or three...had signed elsewhere. I have no idea if that is what is involved in this.

If you man doesn't feel this is right for him good luck at someplace else.

Onwards we go.

Seems like there was some questionable info going around on Osobor, like wanting to play with Williams and both party's were really interested. I'm happy with our 3 bigs, they have produced against good competition and want to be here. Osobor would be going against much more athletic players in the SEC as opposed to the mountain west, so we don't really know how he would do in the SEC.. I trust Pope and his staff and Kentucky will be a force to be reckoned with.

To have two guys at the five like Williams and Garrison is a pretty huge deal. And for Garrison to have a year to adjust here at his pace and be ready to be the man at the five next season just can't be understated enough. There isn't another five that I see in the portal that can impact like Garrison will for us teaming with Williams.

There are still three impactful players at the forward position in Toppin, Wells and White that we could get involved with. If we got any one of those three it would make up for the loss of Osobor.

Taking Garrisons commitment before Osobors decision was a mistake!
Taking the underclassman who is projectable and ready to sign vs. the known 1-year rental who is holding you hostage a bit with other visits (and possibly making a leverage play) to me was not a bad decision. No doubt O is better that Garrison today, but there is no proof O was going to ultimately sign here either. When option 1B is ready to sign...you sign him up!

Ready, Aim, Fire!

Taking the underclassman who is projectable and ready to sign vs. the known 1-year rental who is holding you hostage a bit with other visits (and possibly making a leverage play) to me was not a bad decision. No doubt O is better that Garrison today, but there is no proof O was going to ultimately sign here either. When option 1B is ready to sign...you sign him up!

Ready, Aim, Fire!
Wonder if Great didn't want to compete with Garrison or was it money?

I wanted Osobor too but if I could get over Reed Sheppard not coming back and Big Z going to Arky I can handle this.

People still stuck in the past 1 year of a guy or a possible 3 years from a McDonald’s all American center who started as a freshmen in the BIG. We cant just build year to year anymore is about building a foundation so we only need a couple to fit in each season with the returning players. I get with NIL and portal nothing is a given and you could have to re-recruit your own guys each season. Reloading wasn’t working so taking some multi year guys has to happen.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Taking Garrisons commitment before Osobors decision was a mistake!
I’m really starting to think Pope is so far in over his head he can’t even see. The roster is almost done and it’s full of role players. Next year won’t be pretty at all.
People still stuck in the past 1 year of a guy or a possible 3 years from a McDonald’s all American center who started as a freshmen in the BIG. We cant just build year to year anymore is about building a foundation so we only need a couple to fit in each season with the returning players. I get with NIL and portal nothing is a given and you could have to re-recruit your own guys each season. Reloading wasn’t working so taking some multi year guys has to happen.
When you don’t anyone on your roster that’s a scorer or high level player then you wait for the 1 year rental.

• Haha
Reactions: March 22
I’m really starting to think Pope is so far in over his head he can’t even see. The roster is almost done and it’s full of role players. Next year won’t be pretty at all.

When you don’t anyone on your roster that’s a scorer or high level player then you wait for the 1 year rental.
Like role players. Play within themselves and team oriented.

So good enough to lose to Oakland?

Of course. I like them too but you can’t have a roster solely of role players.

Right now we are what the Nuggets would be without Joker, Murray and Gordan.
Yeah, know what you mean. A couple of guys when it gets tough can count on. Think Pope said he is saving two spots for draft drop outs so maybe not too late.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT