ADVERTISEMENT

Goodman: Osobor Out

Not sure how you don’t throw the book at osobar, brea, and Davis when we know we could outspend Poverty programs like lville.

Something else I’ve started to wonder is how jealous and shitty do some of these kids get when they find out their buddy is making a lot more than them?
Agreed, let's spend the rest and get ready for next year 😎😎

Reactions: Jakerz
Not sure how you don’t throw the book at osobar, brea, and Davis when we know we could outspend Poverty programs like lville.

Something else I’ve started to wonder is how jealous and shitty do some of these kids get when they find out their buddy is making a lot more than them?
I'd say we've gauranteed some NIL to all seven we have so far, even Chandler and Perry.
This just my guess but I'd say we've spent maybe $5 million on the seven we have and I
think I heard we had about $8 million. So that could still get us 3 big time players. Maybe?
I'm just speculating; havn't done all the research.

1.) Jumping right to hiring Pope after Drew and Hurley.

2.) Pope not hiring Antigua when he wanted to stay here.
This board has been here since the mid-1990s in one form or another, at least 17 years in its present form. It's really obvious what is going on when a bunch of people who joined in the last couple months are desperate to strike a negative tone.

The mods of this board have decided to make it a "Trolls Welcome" zone. But that doesn't mean the rest of us can't spot them.

Dude, just stop. If these are your hang-ups, it's best to just move on and find another team to root for. That's ridiculous.
This is one of the most shortsighted, ignorant replies someone can make. Why does everyone who is a fan need to feel like you do? Do all fans have to think the same about everything?

Why can't someone still be a fan and feel like Pope was maybe a rushed hire?

Been trying to point this out and I don’t understand why so many are struggling to grasp the concept.

You can only get so many good players at the same positions. Especially when there’s teams throwing tons of money at some of these guys to be their star.

I thought Osobor was gone the second Carr committed, let alone Garrison.
Players are going to want to play and you can only play 5 at a time

Reactions: KentuckyCat420
Smfh. If this is true then it’s a major miss. Osobor was thought to be UK’s to lose. We absolutely needed a difference maker like him. This one will piss me off more than any of the misses so far if it’s true. If taking Garrison costs us getting Osobor that would be the 3rd major bone head move in the UK basketball program in the last 3-4 weeks.

Better pray it’s not because the roster is starting to look like one you’d see at Mississippi State or Texas Tech.
Hasn't Texas Tech been to a final four and 2 elite 8s since 2018?

Dude, just stop. If these are your hang-ups, it's best to just move on and find another team to root for. That's ridiculous.
It really amazes me how so many are acting like this was the right hire when it was universally shit on initially. Nobody, absolutely nobody, can honestly say they would have liked this hire had he not played at UK.
Exactly. He's just another one that won't let go of the past or future they imagined. Even if we win a title, they'll still be unhappy, just quieter for a little while
No, if we win a title I’ll be relieved and be more than happy to admit I was wrong.
I'd say we've gauranteed some NIL to all seven we have so far, even Chandler and Perry.
This just my guess but I'd say we've spent maybe $5 million on the seven we have and I
think I heard we had about $8 million. So that could still get us 3 big time players. Maybe?
I'm just speculating; havn't done all the research.
If we’ve spent $5M on what we have committed so far then we have severely mismanaged money. It should be about half of that at most.
This board has been here since the mid-1990s in one form or another, at least 17 years in its present form. It's really obvious what is going on when a bunch of people who joined in the last couple months are desperate to strike a negative tone.

The mods of this board have decided to make it a "Trolls Welcome" zone. But that doesn't mean the rest of us can't spot them.
I’ve been on this board longer than 80% of the posters here (early 2000’s).
Those are two really week examples. LMAO.
Weak*
1.) No one wants you here.

2.) Your posts make you look like a whiny beta male.

How does all that make you feel?
Ouch. You hurt my feelings so much. Point 2 is funny considering you were a whiny ass the last few years with Kal here. We’ll see if you have this same view on the direction of the program a year from now.

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
Let him be here in all his guises. You know this isn’t his only screen name
He and his type are here to stir the pot and get under our skin. It only works if you let them
Just laugh at his posts and move on
Yes Bev this is my only account. I’m not trolling or trying to stir the pot. I’m just not one to have blind faith in things. Add in that we’ve still yet to get major impact player in the portal, Williams COULD be, and I don’t have the same positive outlook that yall do.

We desperately need 2-3 high level players/scorers. Richmond/Davis/Smith/Osobor and probably Small would all fit that category.

It really amazes me how so many are acting like this was the right hire when it was universally shit on initially. Nobody, absolutely nobody, can honestly say they would have liked this hire had he not played at UK.

No, if we win a title I’ll be relieved and be more than happy to admit I was wrong.

If we’ve spent $5M on what we have committed so far then we have severely mismanaged money. It should be about half of that at most.

I’ve been on this board longer than 80% of the posters here (early 2000’s).

Weak*

Ouch. You hurt my feelings so much. Point 2 is funny considering you were a whiny ass the last few years with Kal here. We’ll see if you have this same view on the direction of the program a year from now.
We're all just stating opinions here. I specifically said my approximation of what we'd spent was a guess. Just like your estimate of what they should have cost. The market will decide the cost, not my opinion or yours, not my guess or yours.

No reason why we still can get Osobor in my opinion, Garrison can come give PF-C mins off the bench and Osobor should start. But whatever whatever

Damn….. I wish Coach Cal was still here….. Pope is going to run this program into the ground.

That’s all I hear when you open your mouth (via your fingers, which would be better used searching on google for a new past time or hobby.). Sometimes I need a good laugh so keep up the show ! 🙈😇😆

Reactions: K86
Damn….. I wish Coach Cal was still here….. Pope is going to run this program into the ground.

That’s all I hear when you open your mouth (via your fingers, which would be better used searching on google for a new past time or hobby.). Sometimes I need a good laugh so keep up the show ! 🙈😇😆
Nobody wishes Kal was still here. Personally I wanted him gone back in 2018. This is a poor strawman. No different than the people that would say “you wish Billy were still here” whenever someone would bitch about Kal during his tenure. It doesn’t have to be one or the other.

Yes Bev this is my only account. I’m not trolling or trying to stir the pot. I’m just not one to have blind faith in things. Add in that we’ve still yet to get major impact player in the portal, Williams COULD be, and I don’t have the same positive outlook that yall do.

We desperately need 2-3 high level players/scorers. Richmond/Davis/Smith/Osobor and probably Small would all fit that category.
I’ll retract part of my statement then as I appreciate your response and understand where you are coming from
I wasn’t one who, as you said, shit on the Pope hire. I liked it but did have concerns. Most of those have been alleviated by the staff hires.

For me, I recognize what the struggles will be this season. Mark is having to build a roster from scratch..and he isn’t a known name in coaching circles. What makes me happy, personally, is that he’s working his ass off to get some solid players. In my view he’s having to change the culture and the image of what Kentucky basketball is.

You are correct that we do need impact players to make the upcoming season a successful one. We can only hope he’s able to land one or two..

My biggest issue with your statements is that it seemed like you won’t even give the man chance to prove himself. If I’m wrong about your intentions I apologize
I understand and agree with caution…but I also think we should allow ourselves some optimism after what this program has gone through

Side note..you called me by my name, do we know each other? Lol

Polacheck hasn't said anything on Twitter. Where's the source?

Also, Brea was Duke or UConn bound, and we're back in it. Hell, we weren't even in it for Butler or Garrison until we got them. We don't know anything about Osobor's thought process right now. Just people tossing out scuttlebutt and guesses, best I can tell.

Not sure if anyone responded (not reading 4 pages), but Pilacheck said it on KSR+.

He said he received a text message but didn't elaborate further.

Reactions: JPFisher
Pilacheck said what, exactly?

He said he received a message this morning stating that Great to UofL was "picking up steam"

Like I said, no further context. For all we know it could have been from the UofL Sheriff. I'm just stating what the OP said was factual.

This is one of the most shortsighted, ignorant replies someone can make. Why does everyone who is a fan need to feel like you do? Do all fans have to think the same about everything?

Why can't someone still be a fan and feel like Pope was maybe a rushed hire?
Calling his reply ignorant and shortsided is ignorant and short sided😎

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT