ADVERTISEMENT

Goodman: Osobor Out

It amazes me a player like Osobor is even visiting UL. Maybe our guys told him we needed to know something before he left and he refused to cancel his visits. Or maybe he did or said something that ticked our guys off. Giving up an opportunity to play at a place like this on your last go around is pretty shocking to me considering the other three he is thinking about. Hopefully it's just speculation and the guy hasn't gone off his rocker.

It amazes me a player like Osobor is even visiting UL. Maybe our guys told him we needed to know something before he left and he refused to cancel his visits. Or maybe he did or said something that ticked our guys off. Giving up an opportunity to play at a place like this on your last go around is pretty shocking to me considering the other three he is thinking about. Hopefully it's just speculation and the guy hasn't gone off his rocker.
This exactly!!!

I wanted this kid and Coach Pope made it perfectly clear that he was one of the first kids he reached out to. But UK has to move forward, heck it’s been 2 weeks which is plenty of time to get the feedback needed from each school. If the kid wanted to be at UK, he would cancel his other visits and commit today, but he didn’t and we had Garrison ready to come. I want kids that WANT to be here!!!

I’ve wondered if Louisville getting turned down by JQ would be parlayed into a huge offer for Osobor. Perhaps that could be a factor if he’s still taking that visit.

I also wonder / assume that him being intent on taking his visits impacts our willingness to wait. He’s worth waiting on, but I can see the other side of that too. Love to have him this year, but also think Garrison has huge upside beyond one season. Give me Brea and Robinson and I’m more than content.

I would assume Osobor is not coming. You got 80 minutes to hand out at the 4/5. At the best case scenario you only have 20 minutes to hand out.

I’m guessing Louisville takes the money they were offering JQ and just give it to Osobor.
The 4/5 are massively different in Pope's offenses. I couldn't imagine a scenario, given what he's done at both Utah Valley and BYU offensively, where someone like Osobor and Garrison are on the floor at the same time. His "4s", if they're on the floor, are the stretch variety that can shoot the 3. Unless he completely changes what he does on offense.

It’s Jeff Goodman, when did we start believing what he says? The coaching staff has been keeping things secret so far so let’s let them work and wait for the BOOMS.
Goodman has been pretty good on field of 68 lately but I would not think UK would take a commitment from Garrison when Osobor is on campus, when they could have his input.

Reactions: K86 and wccat2969
Matt Jones said Arkansas will double any NIL offer too. Sometimes the info Matt Jones steals from others is wrong.
I believe Matt Jones clearly said that was a report from someone else. He just wanted to discuss it on his show.

Matt Jones just said that Goodman and Norlander are Pope's guys and If Goodman said it it's likely true.
Well Matt is an idiot then because Goodman says NO and Norlander says TBD.

If Matt wasn't an idiot, he'd realize you can't say they are Pope's "guys" so they must be true right in the face of both of them essentially contradicting each other.

Osobor, based on X sources that have actually been reliable and know most about UK recruiting, is definitely NOT out at this juncture.

Reactions: wccat2969
My bad brother. Don’t mean to offend you.
Offend? I'm not offended. Just want to make sure everyone here knows that as of today, it's clear this Ricks kid and Trilly dude, along with Norlander (assuming Trilly is not in fact Norlander), are the ones to listen to. I can't recall a time ever where Goodman had the scoop.

Offend? I'm not offended. Just want to make sure everyone here knows that as of today, it's clear this Ricks kid and Trilly dude, along with Norlander (assuming Trilly is not in fact Norlander), are the ones to listen to. I can't recall a time ever where Goodman had the scoop.

Idk those all caps were offending me haha

All good brother. Go Cats!!!

**** marble mouf

Osobor has always been a huge possibility to follow his former coach to Washington. Obviously he is strongly considering UK, but it shouldn't come as a shock at all if he chooses to follow Danny Sprinkle.
Didn't he have visits to Louisville and Washington set up for after his visit to UK? His family came in to be with him for all of them I would assume.

Goodman is not an insider. He's a tried and true Kentucky hater. Even when we got those first couple of players, he had to call out their NEGATIVES in stand-alone tweets.
With UK, U6, Wash, and Texas Tech on the visit list Goodman is simply playing the percentages in hopes of being right. 75% chance to be right statistically. The reality is he likely has a 50% chance to be right after the Garrison commit (UK vs. the field).

Really doubt Great nor Pope called him and gave him an inside scoop!

Reactions: TheDude73
Most likely it is the demand for $$$'s and guaranteed playing time. Do you put extreme amount into one player or spread it out? I have a feeling Pope doesn't give into outlandish amt and guaranteed time for any one player. JMO.

Reactions: ukfan041
We are in the time will tell and wait and see mode. I would love to see Osobor and Brea commit, but the ball is in their court. The guy has a place to visit with his old coach, and it MAY be anywhere from now till two weeks before we hear anything. Three visits to go and then decisions to be made.
Garrison is a 5, Osobor a 4....I'm not sure why Goodman would think one cancels out the other.

We aren't out on Osobor but like many have said, expect him to take his visits.
Having said that, we got to take Garrison. He wants to be here and I think Osobor is a good player but we can't turn away players just to wait for Osobor to decide either. His spot isn't taken by Garrison. There is plenty of room still at the table.

We aren't out on Osobor but like many have said, expect him to take his visits.
Having said that, we got to take Garrison. He wants to be here and I think Osobor is a good player but we can't turn away players just to wait for Osobor to decide either. His spot isn't taken by Garrison. There is plenty of room still at the table.
Yeah what if we dont take Garrison and Osobor still decides somewhere else.

Reactions: Catfan2226
Didn't he have visits to Louisville and Washington set up for after his visit to UK? His family came in to be with him for all of them I would assume.
And Texas Tech.

Yes, they come over to attend all of his visits, but that doesn't mean he had to take them all. I am sure his family would be content with him deciding without completing them all if they feel comfortable with a school.

He already transferred once to stay with Coach Sprinkle when he went to Utah St. So, there is a very strong chance he could follow him again to Washington. I get the feeling they will soon be the perceived leader.

I'm sure the narrative on here will shift to him making outlandish NIL demands that we refused to entertain, but in reality I think he just has a lot of comfort and trust with Sprinkle.

Reactions: Catfan2226
If it was the case of Osobor or Garrison then you have the old way of thinking vs the new way. Gimme the guy with talent and 3 years left to BUILD a team. Who would be better this year? Osobor no doubt but 2-3 years from now you start seeing long term payoff. Everyone won’t be a one year rental anymore, a few yes but not the whole team.
I think it's wild that folks can look at the current state of ncaa basketball which includes 1900+ ''student athletes" hitting the portal this season and think ANY player with options is gonna stick around on the bench for 2-3 years to "develop".

Those days are gone, brother. Would it be great if he stayed, YES, but insane to use years of eligibility remaining as a determining factor. 3 years remaining = he's likely hitting the portal 2 more times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT