ADVERTISEMENT

Goodbye Wenyen

I mean, at bare minimum, the 3 seniors and 3 of the 4 other freshmen from his class are gone, and almost certainly Briscoe as well.

That's 7 guys, and literally every single player in the rotation besides him. (I guess not Humphries if you count him).

If you're literally the only person back from the top 8 of a roster, I'd say that qualifies as saying goodbye to an entire team.

The only reason I'm interpreting it as Wenyen leaving is cause of how much there has been said about his family situation. I really don't think he was referring to the seniors when he said what he did

If WG leaves it's unfortunate since it would be overseas for meager pay to try and support his family.

Sad scenario since he could really blossom here.

The only reason I'm interpreting it as Wenyen leaving is cause of how much there has been said about his family situation. I really don't think he was referring to the seniors when he said what he did

Where the hell would he be going that would help his family? He is not going to play in the NBA. Anyone that thinks so including himself is dillusional.

I really think he could become something special here too. Watching his highlights from high school you can see that he's actually quite skilled, and with a couple years of refinement he could really become something. In the end it's his choice though and he will have to deal with whatever comes of it

Reactions: plumdog69
The NCAA exploits these young men and women across the board. If they cared, make them earn a 2 year degree, so they have something to fall back on. The NCAA will make millions next weekend, and the Gabriel's of the world fall into the OAD trap.

His family needs money, but if he was patient he could possibly get drafted in a few years and make more. He's not on any draft boards and will make much less oversees.

Reactions: brianpoe
News flash: the NBA drafts off potential. The majority of the guys drafted every year are not "ready for the NBA".
Still, this could mean anything and isn't that big of a deal no matter what it means.

No they don't just draft on potential solely. They look at your current skills and project what you can aspire to. A 6'9 player that is not a great rebounder, scorer, or play maker isn't getting drafted. There are a hundred or more better college players

The NCAA exploits these young men and women across the board. If they cared, make them earn a 2 year degree, so they have something to fall back on. The NCAA will make millions next weekend, and the Gabriel's of the world fall into the OAD trap.

But it's not the NCAAs rule. I'm sure they'd love star players to stay to exploit them.

But it's a NBA rule.

It would be nice to have him back for experience and depth. And I don't want to do no like a complete jerk, but is it much of a loss if he goes? We're set up pretty well at the 4 spot next year.

You say they explot them but then you want them to make them stay in school to exploit them more. Makes perfect since

No news flash at all.

And you wonder why the NBA is watered down.
Well duh
No they don't just draft on potential solely. They look at your current skills and project what you can aspire to. A 6'9 player that is not a great rebounder, scorer, or play maker isn't getting drafted. There are a hundred or more better college players
Somebody will draft him

If the NCAA cared about these players it would allow them to take endorsements. Then the fringe guys wouldn't be as pressured to leave.

Reactions: brianpoe
You say they explot them but then you want them to make them stay in school to exploit them more. Makes perfect since
They only have to pass one semester, so if they fail to go to classes in the spring, they can't come back regardless next year. I guess you think making them earn a 2 year degree is wrong.....makes "since"

They only have to pass one semester, so if they fail to go to classes in the spring, they can't come back regardless next year. I guess you think making them earn a 2 year degree is wrong.....makes "since"
If they want to "earn" it. Some of them dont. Besides, its an NBA rule.
I would like to go to a Baseball style rule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT