ADVERTISEMENT

Good win after adversity

UKBrassowTipIN

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Cry all you want, as you would no matter what. They adjusted and won after a poor start. And also some ppl finally stepped up defensively.

8Th ranked auburn has dropped 2 in a row to unranked teams. What happened to your boy?

Everyone is going to try and slow uk down and play physical...then didn't fold.

As always...you play the season for a reason. You get different tests, you either respond, adjust, or learn.

We just didn’t make shots the first half or it’s a blowout.

Our guys never panicked. Never got away from what we do.

The defense was better. The rebounding was better.

We were down a first round draft pick and won anyway on the road on college game day while playing bad.

The CHC will spin negativity into it anyway but it’s still just spin.

Just saw someone post about our giant leap in AdjD on KenPom after tonight.

And he was right. We spiked from #96 or 98 to #71 after this game. Keep it up and maybe we'll finally be in that area where the stats world thinks we have a chance to be the champ this year.
Idk man, Cal always steps on any hope. It’s hard for me to gather much of it these days.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
Cry all you want, as you would no matter what. They adjusted and won after a poor start. And also some ppl finally stepped up defensively.

8Th ranked auburn has dropped 2 in a row to unranked teams. What happened to your boy?

As always...you play the season for a reason. You get different tests, you either respond, adjust, or learn.
3 biggest things for me. We won without Dilly when this was a game we sorely needed his scoring. Sheppard played amazingly well in the second half, we need him badly. 3rd as you said, we needed a W after 3 bad halves of basketball and it was a road W on Gameday to Boot! Get back on track and healthy Cats!! Let’s win some games and score some points again while keeping this level of defense.

Just saw someone post about our giant leap in AdjD on KenPom after tonight.

And he was right. We spiked from #96 or 98 to #71 after this game. Keep it up and maybe we'll finally be in that area where the stats world thinks we have a chance to be the champ this year.
That’s what I said, if we can play offense like we are capable and have most of the year. Then continuing to play defense as well as tonight, we will have something. I didn’t think we had it in us to win a game like tonight, but we did. That’s encouraging to me.

A win is a win. I’ll always take it, especially on the road. Was it pretty? Hell no.

There’s still some major issues it figure out but they stepped up in the 2nd half and I’ll take it.

A win is a win. I’ll always take it, especially on the road. Was it pretty? Hell no.

There’s still some major issues it figure out but they stepped up in the 2nd half and I’ll take it.
I’ll take it as we considering we looked like dog water for 20 minutes.

Reactions: Fox2monk
We know they are capable of scoring at will. But they have not the last two games. Defense was better tonight. I’d rather them suck now that later. Cal better get them straightened out.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
Be thankful that Arkansas cannot shoot from the outside as they had plenty of looks. Another team and we still would be discussing defense. I am thrilled we won but let's not imagine we played great and against a very mediocre team.

I am really getting tired of Cal's seemingly stubborn behavior season after season with forcing players to, I guess try to live up to their imagined rating, versus having the focus on what is evident for a blind man to see. Reed Sheppard is way better at the point than DJ. I like DJ's ability on the interior but his passing leads to way to many turnovers or putting others in the wrong spot. DJ. is a 2 guard and can be a damn good one. Reed is a Freshman and makes some mistakes but we won the game thanks to him. Yes, Reeves or Mitchell hit the shots when they were set up correctly and guess who set them up. It's a no-brainer.

What special kind of hate causes someone to use every win as a vehicle to personally attack one's fellow posters. You start a thread like this every time we win.

That’s what I said, if we can play offense like we are capable and have most of the year. Then continuing to play defense as well as tonight, we will have something. I didn’t think we had it in us to win a game like tonight, but we did. That’s encouraging to me.

Defense kept us in it when the shots weren’t dropping. Hopefully that sinks in with the team.

What special kind of hate causes someone to use every win as a vehicle to personally attack one's fellow posters. You start a thread like this every time we win.

Probably because of the threads you start every time we’re down six lol

Reactions: davtay
It was a good win as they all are.

But where was the adversity, exactly?

Show me the thread I started last night when we were down six. I'll wait. Liar.

How about the one from last week where you apologized for your behavior for the last year plus? That work? Was that just an isolated moment of self awareness or are you kidding here?

You should probably learn to laugh at yourself there ace. It’ll keep you from fighting every single battle in front of you.

Reactions: NociHTTP
It was. I think kentucky teams go through several phases.. and winning a tough road game is one of them. A few weeks ago, we probably lose last night, but they showed poise and composure. Generally the next thing we see is UK being able to not only win on the road but play a solid game from start to finish.

Reactions: chroix
It was. I think kentucky teams go through several phases.. and winning a tough road game is one of them. A few weeks ago, we probably lose last night, but they showed poise and composure. Generally the next thing we see is UK being able to not only win on the road but play a solid game from start to finish.
Hoping we see a full 40 minutes next Saturday.

Reactions: chroix
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT