ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

I hope/think I have solved a long-standing problem with my swing.

For years I have been coached to post up on my front leg and get my weight out over my front foot on the follow through. But what I have done for too long is over do it, so my front leg opens up way too much and so I alternate between a weak high slice/fade or a smoking pull/snap hook. And neither shot seems to work for long on any golf course in America.

But yesterday, while doing a drill, I really planted my front foot, and if anything, toed it in, so it is nearly impossible to spin out the way I tend to do. Or at least a lot harder to do so. And voila! Suddenly I was posting up and although not every shot was great, I could immediately see a big improvement.

Fingers crossed to see if it works today (lot of stuff seems to work on the range one day and then evaporates the next, or especially on the first tee)

An imaginary wall or seat against your butt is all I think about when I play. Fixes a lot of issues mainly full backswing turn and no overextension on the downswing.

Fingers crossed to see if it works today (lot of stuff seems to work on the range one day and then evaporates the next, or especially on the first tee)

Nah, it'll be back...

-QWTj9.gif

LOL....j/k

• Haha
Reactions: Tskware

For years I have been coached to post up on my front leg and get my weight out over my front foot on the follow through. But what I have done for too long is over do it, so my front leg opens up way too much and so I alternate between a weak high slice/fade or a smoking pull/snap hook. And neither shot seems to work for long on any golf course in America.

But yesterday, while doing a drill, I really planted my front foot, and if anything, toed it in, so it is nearly impossible to spin out the way I tend to do. Or at least a lot harder to do so. And voila! Suddenly I was posting up and although not every shot was great, I could immediately see a big improvement.

My double double finish at Champions today sure didn't work. LOL

Anxious to see how it worked today. Please let us know.

I tried AJ Bonar method today and shot a 73 for 18 holes. I normally shoot in low 80’s.

My double double finish at Champions today sure didn't work. LOL

You are not the first person to ever go Titannic on the last two holes. Been there, done that, too many times . . .

Surprisingly, at the Barbasol, the hole that gives the pros the most trouble is 16, the par three. Kelly Kraft, Kevin Streelman and JT Poston bogeyed 16 on Sunday in finishing 2nd by one shot, and last year, it looked like Trevor Cone was going to win when he doubled no. 16.

71 year old Gary Koch became the oldest ever qualifer for the US Senior Open this week. There is hope for us olds yet.

Other eyebrow raising names this week....Notah Begay, Lee Westwood, and a surprise blast from the past....Trip Kuehne (he actually played last year too and MC)

Reactions: cawoodsct
You are not the first person to ever go Titannic on the last two holes. Been there, done that, too many times . . .

Surprisingly, at the Barbasol, the hole that gives the pros the most trouble is 16, the par three. Kelly Kraft, Kevin Streelman and JT Poston bogeyed 16 on Sunday in finishing 2nd by one shot, and last year, it looked like Trevor Cone was going to win when he doubled no. 16.
Double double again today.
FFS

This article had so much potential but didn't even scratch the surface. More tales of comradery, the Ken Duke/John Daly cookout, the Vijay Singh annual party when tour comes to his town. More than quick blurbs of getting old..

Reactions: cawoodsct
An imaginary wall or seat against your butt is all I think about when I play. Fixes a lot of issues mainly full backswing turn and no overextension on the downswing.
Speaking of overextension my daughter is extremely flexible and can rotate like a coil winding up. I have battled for years to get her to not rotate so much on her backswing as it causes several issues. I don't have those issues and therefore it's hard for me to understand why she does it. She says "Dad I don't even feel like I am turning much at all". 🤷‍♂️

Man I have been struggling for weeks now hitting the ball fat and coming over the top.

Watched a bunch of youtube videos and hit the range today.

My swing is MUCH better and I'm not hitting fat anymore.

Heading to the course tomorrow. Goal this year: Break into the 70s.

• Love
Man I have been struggling for weeks now hitting the ball fat and coming over the top.

Watched a bunch of youtube videos and hit the range today.

My swing is MUCH better and I'm not hitting fat anymore.

Heading to the course tomorrow. Goal this year: Break into the 70s.
Lessons have helped me, I would stick with the same pro who knows your swing

I am a 6 and lessons have never stuck. Wish I could find someone who could fix me, but so far I haven't been able to find that person.
I can imagine. I don't play enough to keep my swing in tune, so I have to go back and revisit old mistakes and bad habits and flush them. But even with a flawed swing, Golf Sidekick's channel has taught me about course management. You can get in the low 80s even if you're not a good golfer. You just have to understand things like lie, position, and how to steer away from trouble. My ego gets in my way. I always want to hit driver.

I've never had a lesson.
Well . . . if you have struggled for weeks, you might want to try one or two and see if it helps

If you really want to break 80, one thing any pro will tell you is that you can't spend too much time on chipping and putting

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT