ADVERTISEMENT

Gold medal game

One of the great shooting performances in Olympic basketball history, if not the greatest. Amazing what we witnessed earlier today.

Consider this: Playing at Bercy Arena, Paris, France, before a hostile crowd. Crowd already despises Joel Emiid because he stiffed France basketball in favor of Team USA. Stage set for Team USA failure.

Steph Curry = Legend. He put on a shooting clinic that took France completely out of the game. True GOAT.

It’ll be interesting to see what Team USA becomes now that the Lebron/Curry/Durant group appears to have aged out and the world’s very best players are no longer Americans (see Jokic, Doncic, Giannis SGA, Wemby, etc.).

They’ll need a new alpha dog or two to step forward to be the team leaders. I’d say Anthony Edwards looks like the best bet to assume that role.

You are all morons.
Go find something else to be offended and pissed off about. I'm sure your Facebook is riddled with constant political posts about how the country has grown soft and people should stop being offended about everything, all while lacking the self-awareness to understand that you're doing the exact same thing.

Go find something else to be offended and pissed off about. I'm sure your Facebook is riddled with constant political posts about how the country has grown soft and people should stop being offended about everything, all while lacking the self-awareness to understand that you're doing the exact same thing.

He's probably rooting against the women's usa basketball team too as we type.

Curry is pretty awesome. The guy must have ice in his veins!

GUpfDNiX0AAYDlu

Reactions: bbncal02 and TM2013
lol. good try.

We got your point, but it was a laughably stupid point. A player simply having his head down as he’s standing for the national anthem doesn’t mean he’s disrespecting his country, instead it more likely just means he’s intently focused on the game he’s about to play for that country. And it SURE as hell ain’t good grounds for a fan to cheer against his own country.

And, btw, I see you’ve now deleted the post. Which I presume means you’d also admit it was an embarrassingly stupid take. Otherwise why would you not have the balls to stand behind it?
I think your type of person would be just like Walz. Run and hide if called upon to support your country. You make me sick.
What are you gonna big boy, hide in the shed when you are needed. Pathetic.

They won the gold and represented America well.
How is winning a gold medal a disgrace?
What a nutty take.... Unless you're a Frenchie.
Yeah I was proud of them. Hang your head next time the national anthem plays. I'd be real proud of myself if I were you.
Happy we won Gold, not happy with the way they represent the country during the NA. You got a problem with being patriotic?

I don't.

Yeah I was proud of them. Hang your head next time the national anthem plays. I'd be real proud of myself if I were you.
Happy we won Gold, not happy with the way they represent the country during the NA. You got a problem with being patriotic?

I don't.
Love my country. Just don't feel the need to trash anyone for expressing their first amendment rights.
We have freedom of speech.... Not freedom of speech so long as it's approved by the government.
Patriotism isn't forced on people. Patriotism isn't mandated by the government.
If that's the kind of patriotism you want... then move to Russia or China.
Read the Constitution and you might better understand this issue.

It’ll be interesting to see what Team USA becomes now that the Lebron/Curry/Durant group appears to have aged out and the world’s very best players are no longer Americans (see Jokic, Doncic, Giannis SGA, Wemby, etc.).

They’ll need a new alpha dog or two to step forward to be the team leaders. I’d say Anthony Edwards looks like the best bet to assume that role.
Lebron played well for the most part but his decision to revert to NBA style basketball by pounding the ball into the floor while shot clock was running nearly cost them the game.

Love my country. Just don't feel the need to trash anyone for expressing their first amendment rights.
We have freedom of speech.... Not freedom of speech so long as it's approved by the government.
Patriotism isn't forced on people. Patriotism isn't mandated by the government.
If that's the kind of patriotism you want... then move to Russia or China.
Read the Constitution and you might better understand this issue.
It shouldn't have to be forced upon us. A simple understand of our history will tell you all you need to know.
These athletes are representative of the USA in the olympics. The men's basketball team doesn't seem to get that. And that pisses me off.
I'm going now where, this is my country as much as anyone's.
My opinion is they should honor the flag. People fought and died for that flag.
I could care less what they do in other situations, but not recognizing the flag is dishonorable.
Let THEM do and say what they want. And you and everyone else on this board. I'm not sure why people don't want us to respect our flag, It's up to each of us to decide.
I chose to respect it. Maybe if we hadn't taken the pledge of allegiance out of schools, people who understand its significance.
My Father served 4 years in the south pacific in WW2 and was 1 mission away from dying.

It shouldn't have to be forced upon us. A simple understand of our history will tell you all you need to know.
These athletes are representative of the USA in the olympics. The men's basketball team doesn't seem to get that. And that pisses me off.
I'm going now where, this is my country as much as anyone's.
My opinion is they should honor the flag. People fought and died for that flag.
I could care less what they do in other situations, but not recognizing the flag is dishonorable.
Let THEM do and say what they want. And you and everyone else on this board. I'm not sure why people don't want us to respect our flag, It's up to each of us to decide.
I chose to respect it. Maybe if we hadn't taken the pledge of allegiance out of schools, people who understand its significance.
My Father served 4 years in the south pacific in WW2 and was 1 mission away from dying.
The Pledge of Allegiance has started every day at every school I have worked at in Ky for over 32 years. It is the law here.
Teachers can't force kids to stand....but it is still recited EVERY morning.
Not sure why this BS rumor still persists.
Lead by example not by force.

If you have the courage to post that garbage, you should be willing to accept whatever responses you get.
IHey, say whatever you want. I've got thick akin and my opinion isn't garbage anymore than yours.
I like getting a different perspective on things.
A few posts ago, someone was talking about freedom of speech. Maybe roll that around in this context.

IHey, say whatever you want. I've got thick akin and my opinion isn't garbage anymore than yours.
I like getting a different perspective on things.
A few posts ago, someone was talking about freedom of speech. Maybe roll that around in this context.
Your comments are supported by freedom of speech, but you seem to have forgotten that freedom of speech is a two-way street. Others have the right to respond to your posts even if you don't like their responses.

The Pledge of Allegiance has started every day at every school I have worked at in Ky for over 32 years. It is the law here.
Teachers can't force kids to stand....but it is still recited EVERY morning.
Not sure why this BS rumor still persists.
Lead by example not by force.
The facts ( don't let them get in the way of your opinion) are that most States by not all require the Pledge. It's not a rumor.
And, many times, it gets challenged in court. Mostly by humanists and atheists
It's a shame but that's the truth.

Your comments are supported by freedom of speech, but you seem to have forgotten that freedom of speech is a two-way street. Others have the right to respond to your posts even if you don't like their responses.
I just said I'm ok to have people disagree. lol.
But I'm not that ok with being cussed out for my point of view. Again remember freedom of speech.
BTW, I'm not trying to win anybody over.
Think, say and do what you want.

Go Cats

Wonder how this team would've been under popovich. Gold nonetheless, but the personnel playing time would've been different.

And it's all I watch during the Olympics.

Don't care about anything else. Hope usa wins gold in everything but not my cup of tea.
I didn’t watch much this year just wasn’t feeling it this year. And I usually am an Olympics junkie.

Mom always watched every second of them she could. “It’s part of history” she’d always say. They haven’t been as fun to watch since she’s been gone.

C’est la vie.

The facts ( don't let them get in the way of your opinion) are that most States by not all require the Pledge. It's not a rumor.
And, many times, it gets challenged in court. Mostly by humanists and atheists
It's a shame but that's the truth.
Knowledge is power.
You have been brainwashed on this topic. That's what is a shame.
47 of 50 states set aside time daily requiring the Pledge of Allegiance.
The only thing thing not mandated is forcing a kid or teacher to stand and recite it.

https://thehill.com/news/3256719-47...ools-here-is-a-breakdown-of-each-states-laws/

This is a board is for discussing basketball. I believe there is a specific board for discussing non-basketball issues. Is too much to ask for you to stay on topic?
No it's not. You are probably right. I got twisted about this and should have refrained from posting to begin with on a touchy subject. It is a peripheral basketball issue but not what this board is designed to discuss.
I respect your request and understand your point.

Sound good?

No it's not. You are probably right. I got twisted about this and should have refrained from posting to begin with on a touchy subject. It is a peripheral basketball issue but not what this board is designed to discuss.
I respect your request and understand your point.

Sound good?
It is a reasonable response and it's appreciated.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT