ADVERTISEMENT

Going to be in Owensboro for the game Thurs. Good places to eat & watch?

Out of hwy 54 there is a couple of sports bars, Mr. B's and Beed O'bradys, or Buffulo wild wings out on Frederica st. There may be something downtown as well.
Mr. Bs or Drakes both are right next to each other. I'm sure your conference is downtown though and those 2 spots are out on 54.

Mr. Bs or Drakes both are right next to each other. I'm sure your conference is downtown though and those 2 spots are out on 54.
True but the game is at 6 so I doubt his conference will still be going, depends on if he wants to drive. There is also Chili's and Applebees out frederica st on the south end. Plus there is a sports bar on 4th st as well. I guess it depends. Mr. B's is relatively new but food has been great so far.

Drakes on 54 is closed now. I would add Goodwood down on the river or Brew Bridge to the others listed.
are you sure? i haven't heard that about Drake's at all. I have a buddy who works there and was posting there 2 days ago at least for St Pattys.

are you sure? i haven't heard that about Drake's at all. I have a buddy who works there and was posting there 2 days ago at least for St Pattys.
If you have a buddy that works there, and he says they're open, I would tend to think they are open.

Thanks! Stuck at conference & we need a good place to go.
Love City Walk. Right downtown. Great food. They will have the game on but it's a small place. Make reservations if you want to get in.

Drakes is still open. Legen's is closed. Mr B's is good. Haven't watched a game there since it was Maloney's Rock A Bar. But all of the other Mr B's are good.

Last edited:
Reactions: WildcatFan1982
If you have a buddy that works there, and he says they're open, I would tend to think they are open.
I didnt ask him he just posted it on facebook from there 2 days ago though so i was confused lol. I think the other user got confused with Legends I guess?

I might be in town Saturday for the game but not sure yet

I have a few spots listed, in no particular, order although Beefs is my top choice which I list first for watching UK games in Owensboro:

1. Beefs...I put this at the top of my list, the game will be on 90% of the numerous TVs and the sound will be on the game. The atmosphere will be fun, the food is very reasonably priced, and they are fine for you to take up a table for the entire game with drink/app orders only (or even just drinks). You have to typically get there 60 mins before tip for a big game day. SE part of town, HWY 54 area

2. Drakes....Similar to Beefs except the sound typically isn't on very loud (and in some cases I've been there without it on at all). Most TVs will be on the UK game, 80% I'd say. Food prices are a little more here, the atmosphere isn't as good as watching it at Beefs but you'll be able to get in easier (20-30 min before tip...maybe even right at tip). SE part of town, HWY 54 area. It is open as others confirmed, Legends is the sports bar that recently closed down.

3. Mr. B's...This place has been opened for a few months and is always packed. I watched the Auburn game there and was able to get a table barely about an hour before tipoff. Good atmosphere and the wings are the best in town IMO. SE part of town, HWY 54 area

4. BW3...I haven't watched a game here in a few years but I've heard it's a ghost town now. The food quality has gone down. People have told me you can walk in at tipoff and get a table without any issues. The game will be on most TVs. S part of town, S Frederica Street

5. I'm going to lump all downtown areas into one review because I think they are all similar. There's no one spot downtown that will be a major game watching hub.

Burger Theory (inside the Holiday Inn) has a bar with 2 medium sized TVs. There may be enough seats at the bar for 8-10 people with some tables in the area that you could see the TVs from (another handful of seats).

Lure (inside the Hampton Inn) has a bar with 2 medium sized TVs as well. There might be 10 seats at this bar available, the rest of the place are tables to have dinner that may or may not have much of a view of the TVs.

Brew Bridge Bar (across 2nd from the Holiday Inn) seats a good number of people (I'd say at least 50) and will have the game on the few medium sized TVs they have. Some seats in this place won't be close to a TV and some will be right next to one.

Fetta Pizza (St Ann Street) will have the game on the TVs they have. Not the ideal set up to watch a game but it can be done from the majority of the tables in the place (medium sized, wall mounted TVs spread around).

Miller House (4th street) has an awesome bourbon bar with a couple TVs. It's a cool bar to hang out at but isn't set up to be a game watching place for fans. You could hang out there and watch the game but you'd have to get there super early to get one of the 10 or so seats available at the bar.

There are other bars downtown I haven't been to that others have mentioned. If you are staying downtown (which is where most people stay) you'd be better suited getting to the 54 area for the game. Have fun and enjoy your stay here!

Last edited:
I have a few spots listed, in no particular, order although Beefs is my top choice which I list first for watching UK games in Owensboro:

1. Beefs...I put this at the top of my list, the game will be on 90% of the numerous TVs and the sound will be on the game. The atmosphere will be fun, the food is very reasonably priced, and they are fine for you to take up a table for the entire game with drink/app orders only (or even just drinks). You have to typically get there 60 mins before tip for a big game day. SE part of town, HWY 54 area

2. Drakes....Similar to Beefs except the sound typically isn't on very loud (and in some cases I've been there without it on at all). Most TVs will be on the UK game, 80% I'd say. Food prices are a little more here, the atmosphere isn't as good as watching it at Beefs but you'll be able to get in easier (20-30 min before tip...maybe even right at tip). SE part of town, HWY 54 area. It is open as others confirmed, Legends is the sports bar that recently closed down.

3. Mr. B's...This place has been opened for a few months and is always packed. I watched the Auburn game there and was able to get a table barely about an hour before tipoff. Good atmosphere and the wings are the best in town IMO. SE part of town, HWY 54 area

4. BW3...I haven't watched a game here in a few years but I've heard it's a ghost town now. The food quality has gone down. People have told me you can walk in at tipoff and get a table without any issues. The game will be on most TVs. S part of town, S Frederica Street

5. I'm going to lump all downtown areas into one review because I think they are all similar. There's no one spot downtown that will be a major game watching hub.

Burger Theory (inside the Holiday Inn) has a bar with 2 medium sized TVs. There may be enough seats at the bar for 8-10 people with some tables in the area that you could see the TVs from (another handful of seats).

Lure (inside the Hampton Inn) has a bar with 2 medium sized TVs as well. There might be 10 seats at this bar available, the rest of the place are tables to have dinner that may or may not have much of a view of the TVs.

Brew Bridge Bar (across 2nd from the Holiday Inn) seats a good number of people (I'd say at least 50) and will have the game on the few medium sized TVs they have. Some seats in this place won't be close to a TV and some will be right next to one.

Fetta Pizza (St Ann Street) will have the game on the TVs they have. Not the ideal set up to watch a game but it can be done from the majority of the tables in the place (medium sized, wall mounted TVs spread around).

Miller House (4th street) has an awesome bourbon bar with a couple TVs. It's a cool bar to hang out at but isn't set up to be a game watching place for fans. You could hang out there and watch the game but you'd have to get there super early to get one of the 10 or so seats available at the bar.

There are other bars downtown I haven't been to that others have mentioned. If you are staying downtown (which is where most people stay) you'd be better suited getting to the 54 area for the game. Have fun and enjoy your stay here!
I’d also add in The Pub on 2nd, Ten O Six, and Mellow Mushroom. All three are downtown too

Probably. Never been there. Almost everywhere in Oboro sells beer.

Old Hickory choses to not.

Or used to not. I haven’t been there in a minute.
I have eaten there often, "when you can get in" its on my way into Oboro and I don't think they do, I haven't eaten at Moon lite in some time, on the other side of town, just usually not on that side unless going to the JD dealer for parts.

I'm from the Bar-B-Q Capital of the World myself! (I lived in Whitesville in the 90s though) Did you know Florence Henderson gave us a shoutout in the S04E21 Brady Bunch episode You're Never Too Old? No fooling!! (at 1:08):

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT