ADVERTISEMENT

God Save the King

Tskware

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2003
Charles finally got his crown. Give the Brits their due, they know how to put on a ceremony. Looks like William's youngest son is about to fall asleep, and Kate is watching him like a hawk.

I thought this already happened. I have never understood why so many in this country care.
I'm with you but I've always been intrigued that the royal lines can be traced back 1000 years. I can imagine what the 1800s might've been like, but can't fathom life in 1075 for instance. Or even earlier during the Viking raids. Our country is so young that that's one thing we don't have - an incredibly long history with castle ruins still standing and locations where battles took place in the year 900. That's just me though. I'm sure many Americans care because they grew up watching The Princess Bride or something.

Reactions: WildcatFan1982
My grandpa that was in WW2 adored the royal family. At least Queen Elizabeth. Mainly because of their role in leading the British people during the war. He LOVED ‘the kings speech’. I do understand his love of the family, but anyone younger than him it makes no sense.

I'm with you but I've always been intrigued that the royal lines can be traced back 1000 years. I can imagine what the 1800s might've been like, but can't fathom life in 1075 for instance. Or even earlier during the Viking raids. Our country is so young that that's one thing we don't have - an incredibly long history with castle ruins still standing and locations where battles took place in the year 900. That's just me though. I'm sure many Americans care because they grew up watching The Princess Bride or something.
I love seeing Chateaus and castles and cobbled streets that have been in place for ages. I think learning about royalty of the Middle Ages is fun. I just don’t care about the modern day royals and I don’t understand the fascination.

I love seeing Chateaus and castles and cobbled streets that have been in place for ages. I think learning about royalty of the Middle Ages is fun. I just don’t care about the modern day royals and I don’t understand the fascination.

That's my interest too. Pretty crazy the origins and longevity of some of these traditions apparently going all the way back to the unification.

To that end, in today's day and age I wonder how much longer some of these traditions will remain intact.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
That's my interest too. Pretty crazy the origins and longevity of some of these traditions apparently going all the way back to the unification.

To that end, in today's day and age I wonder how much longer some of these traditions will remain intact.
You gotta think William will take out a lot of this stuff when it’s his turn.

I couldn’t give a damn about the royals necessarily, but the history and pomp is super interesting to me.

• Sad
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
You gotta think William will take out a lot of this stuff when it’s his turn.

I couldn’t give a damn about the royals necessarily, but the history and pomp is super interesting to me.

I suspect youre right. Will be a sad turn of events but it's definitely coming

Fun bit of trivia for you buffs out there:

Over the last 71 years, the average size of the penis of the head of the British monarchy is 2.25" (0" for QEII, and 4.5" for Charles).

It's wild going to Europe and going to a pub older than the US

I’m pretty sure you knew that. But for a dude to gaf about the coronation of a country we fought to get away from (given we’re Allies now) is pretty Kardashian/pop of you.
I noticed you on about 4 different threads today talking s*** to lots of posters, You must really have a problem with your self esteem or something. Get a life.

I noticed you on about 4 different threads today talking s*** to lots of posters, You must really have a problem with your self esteem or someting. Get a life.
Haha no just enjoying my Sunday. I only shit on people saying dumb things bro.

Tell me one thing I said that was wrong, please.

Also, please tell me how Britain putting on a billion dollar show for a big nothing is actually beneficial to anyone but the needs of people like you that watch it like the British Kardashians?

Surely that billion could’ve been used in a better manner if the British royalty actually gave one touch about the people, right?

Please, I’m being serious. Tell us.

Agree about the billion dollars being put to better use.

However I would assume the ceremony brought in a ton of tourist and tv money.

Kate Middleton might be one of the classiest and attractive women around.

There is NO WAY the American public would allow that. Given we allow a BUNCH of stupid stuff but honoring a guy that was born into a family and has no use to the public isn’t one of them.

Agree about the billion dollars being put to better use.

However I would assume the ceremony brought in a ton of tourist and tv money.

Kate Middleton might be one of the classiest and attractive women around.
But the tourists and tv money only comes in because of people watching and why are they? Like literally why? To see rich people get richer? Would you watch Elon play with his computer at tesla?

Obviously I don’t get but explain WHY you would watch?

Yeah we don’t have much history besides kicking all their asses or saving them. What has Britain’s done for us? We’re Allie’s and I appreciate them, but did they ever do anything for us besides actually try and keep us from being a settled country under our own rule?

They need us today more than we ever needed them including WW2.

Oh btw, they tried to kill you and your whole family and subjugate them again in the War of 1812, for the second time.

But you should definitely watch and think they’re great and make them have more money.

They only became an ally because they knew that owning us was a cooked goose and they needed us more than we needed them, same today.

Jesus, some of you are so obtuse and blind. I like Brit’s and appreciate them but to watch the royal family is really funny.

Also, how bored are you? That thing was 3-4 hours I bet.

Reactions: bigbluedon
i have had a comment on Facebook commented positively on by Prince Richard Duke of Gloucester so there is that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT