ADVERTISEMENT

Give me some good new rock bands to check out.

Robcatt24

♩♪♫♬♭♮♯°ø؂≠≭
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2005
By new rock I mean anything after 2000. LOL

I really like Airbourne. Kind of a junior AC/DC. They kick ass.

Hardcore Superstar is a band that's been around a while, but they sound great.

Really liked Hinder when they had their original lead singer. Once he left, they kinda suck.

Hell, I don't even know where to go to find new music.

Greta Van Fleet is the best I’ve heard in a while if you like the wailing vocals, solid rhythm guitar, bluesy riffs.

They get a lot of flack as Led Zeppelin knock offs but damn they do sound like em. Refreshing “new” sound for a band today.

Also... Steel Panther.

Parody 80s hair metal band. Actually puts out some damn nice tunes and videos, has a guitar player that can shred.

Videos are VNSFW:

Love Steel Panther and Greta Van Fleet. GVF happened to be playing in New Orleans when I was there last year, and I got a chance to see them. They're even better live. Lead singer looks like a dork, but he can wail.

Steel Panther was in Vegas while I was out there several years ago, but I couldn't convince the wife to go. I should have just gone by myself. Still regret it.

I should have just gone by myself. Still regret it.
Yes you should’ve. Wife and I have an understanding that if she doesn’t wanna see Steel Panther then I’m going alone as long as they’re within 90 minutes of Portsmouth, OH.

The Struts, Black Stone Cherry(ky boys), Volbeat, and the aforementioned Blackberry Smoke.

I enjoy listening to a lot of the bands already mentioned. I've seen Steel Panther and Volbeat twice and they are really good live.

The-Rolling-Stones.jpg

Saw Cake in concert at Stone Pony (Asbury, NJ) last night. Ben Folds also.

Primo.

If you want a good strain of modern rock, download Pandora and listen to Strokes, Editors, or Silversun Pickups Stations... it’ll pull in great new talented bands.

Reactions: rudd1

Also..."anything after 2000" goes back quite a bit. So...

Black Country Communion
The Mars Volta
White Stripes, Raconteurs, Dead Weather
Radio Moscow
The Blue Stones
Black Keys
Wolfmother
Black Joe Lewis
The Heavy
Little Barrie
The Record Company

None of these are "new", however:

-queens of the stone age is the best "new" *rock* band working today.

Also:
-wolfmother
-the struts
-puscifer
-the strokes, juluan casablancas, the voidz
-brendan benson(raconteurs) solo work is pure power pop.

Austrian Death Machine is awesome

Reactions: rudd1
Rival Sons is the best I've heard as far as a relatively new band playing 70's/80's style hard rock.

Beast in Black, Orden Ogan, All that Remains, Asking Alexandria, Nightwish, Falling in Reverse, Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed, Slipknot, Parkway Drive, A7X.

If you're feeling some Petty/Springsteen Americana esque sound, The War on Drugs is the band you should check out.

Mastodon: Good metal band that turned into a great rock band over time. Three of the four members share vocals.

The Quiet Hollers are great, and local. Two of my favorites of theirs:

Reactions: 420grover
I'm good with pretty much everything mentioned, especially Greta Van Fleet. The kid's voice is amazing.
I'll add J. Roddy Walston and the Business, they're fantastic live.
7Horse
Houndmouth
The Weeks
The Dead Weather
Jack White
Heartless Bastards/ Erika Wennerstrom

One of the weirder artists I've been listening to is mostly blues but has some really good stuff - Seasick Steve

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT