ADVERTISEMENT

Get ready

I am ready. I’m ready for all you Stoops apologist that are fine with losing a game that we absolutely should not have lost, and finishing another year where the only games we can win are against shit teams
You trying to be optimistic you don't get it to be a Kentucky fan you have to take the beat downs and say yes sir can I have another one please

All the football recliner, usually negative, fans will be posting for awhile. Even though we lost I saw some great play from several young players today, which bodes well for the future. Thought Fearby show up well for a young player at a position of need.
Anything to say about Stoops and his decisions in 4Q? Or second half even. I mean, can’t be all sunshine. I get what you’re saying, but making it sound like there’s no reason for negativity at all?

Reactions: crestcat
Seems like a good addition to the ignore list. Baiting and delusional.

I've been in the middle AND a Stoops supporter, but the defensive scheme at the end of the game was ludicrous, ESPECIALLY after getting sacks and grounding using pressure.

Coaching collapse, pure and simple. You try and say you've put in inexperienced corners THEN let a quarterback have six seconds to find them?????

Child please.

Imagine losing this game. now imagine winning it and then losing it. wow. THAT IS KENTUCKY FOOTBALL IN AND OF ITSELF. IT CAN'T STOP EATING ITSELF. IT'S A FKN JOKE !!

Isn’t it funny that our coach has been running things his way for 11 years and yet the future never seems to arrive?
Mmmmm.

11 years, ago, I was 49 years old and had watched almost all Gator and Tangerine/Capital One/Citrus Bowls since I was ten years old . . . about 80 of them.

We were a team eligible for those bowls essentially the whole of my 49 years.

In the last 8 years, I’ve watched us play in five of those old Florida Bowls, going 3-2.

It ain’t a Natty, nor as far as anyone wants us to go, but we can’t pretend that a 7-6 disappointment ending in Jacksonville is even distantly comparable to those disappointments for many, many decades prior.

All the football recliner, usually negative, fans will be posting for awhile. Even though we lost I saw some great play from several young players today, which bodes well for the future. Thought Fearby show up well for a young player at a position of need.
Gives me a chance to give my ignore button a workout. Notice the vast majority that are whining, NEVER post here when things are good and most have just a handful of posts. Truly the fellowship of the miserable.

Mmmmm.

11 years, ago, I was 49 years old and had watched almost all Gator and Tangerine/Capital One/Citrus Bowls since I was ten years old . . . about 80 of them.

We were a team eligible for those bowls essentially the whole of my 49 years.

In the last 8 years, I’ve watched us play in five of those old Florida Bowls, going 3-2.

It ain’t a Natty, nor as far as anyone wants us to go, but we can’t pretend that a 7-6 disappointment ending in Jacksonville is even distantly comparable to those disappointments for many, many decades prior.
Again I’m glad everybody gets to go to bowls and all of that but using them as comparisons for assessments now just doesn’t work. The gator bowl you reference missing out on was when only 15-20% of teams made a bowl. Not the 65-70% that make one today. Im not a gripes about too many bowls but. I am an eye roller when it comes to ‘in our history….8 straight bowls…’ yada yada to support a position because really the modern bowl situation has existed since 2006. Of which we’ve been to a bowl in all but joker’s last two years and stoops first 3.

Gives me a chance to give my ignore button a workout. Notice the vast majority that are whining, NEVER post here when things are good and most have just a handful of posts. Truly the fellowship of the miserable.
What a horribly false statement. You just notice the negativity more but most posters on this board, myself included participate on the boards throughout the year, win or lose. OP started this thread and then bailed, what’s that say about him.

I’ve asked you two times in this thread to defend the chicken shit defense that cost us yet another win but you haven’t. Good at starting a baiting thread but since you know there is no defending stoops and his pussy persona you won’t even try to bother. Typical!!

I’m not happy with 7-6 but we also weren’t preseason top 25.
No we weren’t but our staff leaks-aka whispers-to local media, Kirk herbstreit and others were that this could be the year we put a challenge to Georgia. I know it seems laughable now but that was from OUR staff. So either……

A. They didn’t coach what they were seeing very well
or
B. They don’t really understand what they are seeing very well
or
C. Both A and B

As soon as we got exposed it very quickly turned to excuse making…NIL, people don’t understand how tough the league is, etc. yeah we do that’s why you guys get paid what you do.

They oversold last season too going into it but there was at least some reason of optimism with a returning Levis. It used to be stodgy old stoops. It still is but they’ve gotten worse about playing the hype game or they just literally don’t evaluate what they see well or they can’t coach the game as well as they think. If you can’t out coach anyone the answer always has to be better players.

No we weren’t but our staff leaks-aka whispers-to local media, Kirk herbstreit and others were that this could be the year we put a challenge to Georgia. I know it seems laughable now but that was from OUR staff. So either……

A. They didn’t coach what they were seeing very well
or
B. They don’t really understand what they are seeing very well
or
C. Both A and B

As soon as we got exposed it very quickly turned to excuse making…NIL, people don’t understand how tough the league is, etc. yeah we do that’s why you guys get paid what you do.

They oversold last season too going into it but there was at least some reason of optimism with a returning Levis. It used to be stodgy old stoops. It still is but they’ve gotten worse about playing the hype game or they just literally don’t evaluate what they see well or they can’t coach the game as well as they think. If you can’t out coach anyone the answer always has to be better players.
I don’t disagree with that. I was simply pointing out that we weren’t a top 25 team in the preseason. The last two years have been big time disappointments. I agree with that.

The optimism is the offense and LC. If CMS refrains from mucking that up, next season could be better.

I saw aggression, willingness to open up the passing game, and some play making ability from the perimeter skill positions.

Other than Will Levis, when was the last time a UK QB had over 300 yards passing...against a good defense to boot?

LC can draw it up and play call with the best of them folks, that's the bright spot.

Levis year 1 and Leary under him are the only two QBs to sniff 25 scores, and a couple 300-yard games since Andre Woodson.

If LC is allowed to let it rip with Brock, Dane, Barrion, the TE...we may have a shot. If he's not...6-7 wins.

The optimism is the offense and LC. If CMS refrains from mucking that up, next season could be better.

I saw aggression, willingness to open up the passing game, and some play making ability from the perimeter skill positions.

Other than Will Levis, when was the last time a UK QB had over 300 yards passing...against a good defense to boot?

LC can draw it up and play call with the best of them folks, that's the bright spot.

Levis year 1 and Leary under him are the only two QBs to sniff 25 scores, and a couple 300-yard games since Andre Woodson.

If LC is allowed to let it rip with Brock, Dane, Barrion, the TE...we may have a shot. If he's not...6-7 wins.
This is my only hope for seeing improvement in the program at this point. Coen has lined up 3 QB’s In succession that the Mark Stoops UK Football program hasn’t seen since his arrival. Better QB play with decent skill players can help overcome some of the problems we face competing in the SEC.

But our defensive strategy has to CHANGE!!! This soft secondary coverage where we rely on the opposing QB and receivers to make mistakes instead of aggressively CAUSING them to has kept us from winning at a higher level almost as much as the sub-par QB play.

Then you throw in the lack of discipline and attention to detail that should be a GIVEN for a program like ours and you get 7-6 instead of 10-3. And that’s what is so puzzling because our coaching staff KNOWS THIS!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: crestcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT