ADVERTISEMENT

Get Pearl on the phone

I agree, they break down other possibilities but with their extensions it’s going to be near impossible to get them. Pearl would embrace the fans and I think would win a title in 5 yrs.

He knows he has no shot to win a title at Auburn. He could do it here. Not a huge fan of the guy, but he would leave Auburn today if offered.

Give him a 3 year contract with a University option for years 4 and 5.

There are better candidates you make say no first, but I think he should be on the list.

Reactions: Farsight
Maybe we should wait for them to get out of the first round as well before crowning Pearl the savior

Good lord, no! Do you want to relive this decline again in 5 years? Pearl is a slimier version of Cal.
How can anyone be slimmy now? The NCAAA is a minor league. The players are paid. The best players will go to the highest bidder just another version of free agency.
CCC has all of these 5 stars that can't chew gum & walk at the same time. Pearl takes lesser rated kids & actually teaches them to get better.

I said this in another thread, Pearl would be a home run higher at Kentucky. He would recruit well, his style of basketball would play well with the Kentucky fans. He would win big here I really believe it. The problem is our inept athletic Director would never do it.

Reactions: robertw1975
I’d take Pearl and believe he would take the job. I like Hurley and Oats too. There’s a Coach who I think would do a good job Fred Hoiberg at Nebraska

I believe he was terminated at Tennessee.
I stand to be corrected.

I just didn't word it right. It's not about whether he fired or left of his own accord. He went from one SEC school to another. I believe he thinks it's the best conference in the country and Kentucky is the best program(even in a downtime) in the SEC. Pearl would definitely chase winning at Kentucky as being the final cherry on his career in heartbeat.

I don’t think it will ever be Pearl but we need to find someone that has his personality. We need to get the excitement back. I love our team but they were either great or god awful.

Even if (BIG IF) you could convince Pearl to leave what he's built at AU and where he's the most popular coach in school history.. You really think you could afford him?

You'd pay 33M to buy-out Cal, another 12M to buyout Pearl, then likely another ~7M per year in his contract (he's currently making 6M at AU and I guarantee he's not leaving for a paycut).

Not saying there's zero chance, but acting like it's nothing but a phone call to make it all happen gives me a chuckle.

• Love
Reactions: j4au_1
Not slimy Pearl,
Plus he’s too old, don’t want to be looking again in 5 more years

Start over with a senior citizen with 1 Final Four in his 30+ years of coaching? I will never get the Bruce Pearl love, dude has as many assistants doing time in Federal prison as Final Fours.

We’re Kentucky, we should set out sights higher and younger.

Even if (BIG IF) you could convince Pearl to leave what he's built at AU and where he's the most popular coach in school history.. You really think you could afford him?

You'd pay 33M to buy-out Cal, another 12M to buyout Pearl, then likely another ~7M per year in his contract (he's currently making 6M at AU and I guarantee he's not leaving for a paycut).

Not saying there's zero chance, but acting like it's nothing but a phone call to make it all happen gives me a chuckle.
Might have to be north of 7. The difference between 6M and 7M isn’t worth it when you compare pressure and expectations. I’m thinking closer to 9M

Reactions: AU Tebow
I just didn't word it right. It's not about whether he fired or left of his own accord. He went from one SEC school to another. I believe he thinks it's the best conference in the country and Kentucky is the best program(even in a downtime) in the SEC. Pearl would definitely chase winning at Kentucky as being the final cherry on his career in heartbeat.
You got it right that he left Tennessee, but the Auburn job didn't open up till 2014.
I'm deducting 50 points for that.
Just messin' with ya!

I just didn't word it right. It's not about whether he fired or left of his own accord. He went from one SEC school to another. I believe he thinks it's the best conference in the country and Kentucky is the best program(even in a downtime) in the SEC. Pearl would definitely chase winning at Kentucky as being the final cherry on his career in heartbe

Start over with a senior citizen with 1 Final Four in his 30+ years of coaching? I will never get the Bruce Pearl love, dude has as many assistants doing time in Federal prison as Final Fours.

We’re Kentucky, we should set out sights higher and younger.
I've been watching Dusty May, coach of Florida Atlantic. Unfortunately he's in the sights of Louisville and Indiana at the moment and is in 2nd year of a 10 yr. contract with FA.

I like Bruce, love his passion, but I would like to have a younger up and comer for HC. For me, he’s bounced around the other SEC schools, and it would feel like passing around some skank that all your fraternity bros have already banged. That’s the feel I get.

I like Bruce, love his passion, but I would like to have a younger up and comer for HC. For me, he’s bounced around the other SEC schools, and it would feel like passing around some skank that all your fraternity bros have already banged. That’s the feel I get.
What has Bruce Pearl done to qualify him to be the head coach at Kentucky? I’m confused by all of this Pearl love. He’s 64 years old and has had slightly more success than Cal the last 5 years. 2 tournament wins, one losing season, and a reputation for being shady.

Call Jay Wright and make him say no and then call Pearl.
Reason I think Jay and Billy D. Wouldn't get back into coaching college is they have done all they could have in that position and both have 2 titles each. I really don't know who is actually right for the job but we might have to take a chance

Reactions: UKMKG
I think he can coach, can recruit and is a big personality to handle the job. Yes, he hasn't want a title but neither had Cal before UK.
Why don’t people like Nate Oats? JMO but I think he would shine at Kentucky. He’s young he’s offensive minded. He’s already excelled in the league at a school where basketball is an afterthought. More love for Nate oats man

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT