ADVERTISEMENT

Get in here Arkansas fans

WeWant9

Senior
Dec 18, 2013
I know we got a handful of Arkansas posters and probably some lurkers now. How are you all feeling about all of this? Is the fanbase excited for Cal? I feel out of all the SEC schools, Arkansas hated Cal the most and gave him the most grief for UK road games. It’s going be interesting to see this transition for both schools.

I'm curious about this as well. Usually someone here wanders over to the other team's forum and returns with commentary, but I've seen nothing yet.

They've spent the better part of the last 15 years harping on Cal's 1-and-done method, so I'm wondering how many are simply not happy at all knowing he will be bringing this same thing to their program. Cal won't change - he will do the same garbage there that he's done here the last few years - get fans excited then bomb in the first round.

Check this out OP…
The Reality:
COLLEGE BASKETBALL STILL RUNS THROUGH FAYETTEVILLE ARKANSAS AND EVERYONE WHO TRIES TO TELL ME DIFFERENTLY CAN SHOVE IT. HY JUST PUT HIS NUTS ON THE TABLE AND THE WHOLE WORLD GHASPED IN AWE. POOR LIL ARKANSAS IS A FALLACY. IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND IT ALWAYS WILL BE. WE JUST HIRED THE SINGLE BIGGEST NAME IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL. FULL STOP. "But Kentucky is happy to be getting rid of him." MAYBE WE ARENT THE DUMBEST FANBASE AFTER ALL. THE HOGS ARE COMING

Check this out OP…
The Reality:
COLLEGE BASKETBALL STILL RUNS THROUGH FAYETTEVILLE ARKANSAS AND EVERYONE WHO TRIES TO TELL ME DIFFERENTLY CAN SHOVE IT. HY JUST PUT HIS NUTS ON THE TABLE AND THE WHOLE WORLD GHASPED IN AWE. POOR LIL ARKANSAS IS A FALLACY. IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND IT ALWAYS WILL BE. WE JUST HIRED THE SINGLE BIGGEST NAME IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL. FULL STOP. "But Kentucky is happy to be getting rid of him." MAYBE WE ARENT THE DUMBEST FANBASE AFTER ALL. THE HOGS ARE COMING
Still runs through Fayetteville? I never knew it did.

They love the hire. They legitimately think they hired Saban.
That’s just wild to me. I know fans will fan, but they just opened the bank for a guy who:

- last won an NCAAT title 12+ years ago
- last went to a FF 9+ years ago
- hasn’t been a one seed in 9+ years
- last won the SECT 6+ years go
- last won the SEC regular season 4+ years ago

Past 4 seasons involved: 9-16, 1 SECT win, and 1 NCAAT win with losses to a 15 and 14 seed.

Oh well, not our problem anymore.

Check this out OP…
The Reality:
I love how he says "maybe" we aren't the dumbest fanbase in the world. I guess the title for the dumbest fan base runs through Fayetteville. Whoever HY is must have enormous genitals because I saw this boar at the State Fair once. I guess the whole world would gasp in awe over that package on a human.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Check this out OP…
The Reality:
Biggest joke currently

I got a cousin who lives and grew up in Fort Smith, AR. He said it best to me this morning. The fans there hated the enemy, especially Cal. That is until the enemy is now on YOUR side. Now it’s one of the greatest things to happen to the program. He seems to think Cal will bring recruits with him and will be at his best again. To solidify is HOF resume and prove a point. And the 6M NIL money will only help.

That’s just wild to me. I know fans will fan, but they just opened the bank for a guy who:

- last won an NCAAT title 12+ years ago
- last went to a FF 9+ years ago
- hasn’t been a one seed in 9+ years
- last won the SECT 6+ years go
- last won the SEC regular season 4+ years ago

Past 4 seasons involved: 9-16, 1 SECT win, and 1 NCAAT win with losses to a 15 and 14 seed.

Oh well, not our problem anymore.
Good lord. That's wild to see. I knew it all, just a jolt to reality when it's right in front of your face.

I know we got a handful of Arkansas posters and probably some lurkers now. How are you all feeling about all of this? Is the fanbase excited for Cal? I feel out of all the SEC schools, Arkansas hated Cal the most and gave him the most grief for UK road games. It’s going be interesting to see this transition for both schools.
After getting multiple text messages from Kentucky freinds and family last night, and waking up in disbelief here are my thoughts:

1. I still don't like Calipari, I have always considered him a sleezy used car salesman from his time at Memphis. Great recruiter, average coach.

2. NIL and transer portal with immediate eligibility has changed the game. The big donors didn't get along with Musselman and refused to fund it. Now Calipari has a huge guarantee of at least 5-6 million per year which will be at or near the the top of college basketball NIL funding.

3. I will always support the Razorbacks, not crazy about the hire, but will support him until he proves he doesn't earn it. Yesterday afternoon we had no coach, one returning player that may go pro, and one recruit, so something had to change and change fast.

4. If he will arrive in Fayetteville with a chip on his shoulder to prove the last several years wrong, and just be the CEO and recruiter and let some good assistants run the team for practice, game planning, strategy and clock management, there's a chance it may work. We shall see.

After getting multiple text messages from Kentucky freinds and family last night, and waking up in disbelief here are my thoughts:

1. I still don't like Calipari, I have always considered him a sleezy used car salesman from his time at Memphis. Great recruiter, average coach.

2. NIL and transer portal with immediate eligibility has changed the game. The big donors didn't get along with Musselman and refused to fund it. Now Calipari has a huge guarantee of at least 5-6 million per year which will be at or near the the top of college basketball NIL funding.

3. I will always support the Razorbacks, not crazy about the hire, but will support him until he proves he doesn't earn it. Yesterday afternoon we had no coach, one returning player that may go pro, and one recruit, so something had to change and change fast.

4. If he will arrive in Fayetteville with a chip on his shoulder to prove the last several years wrong, and just be the CEO and recruiter and let some good assistants run the team for practice, game planning, strategy and clock management, there's a chance it may work. We shall see.
That's an entirely too realistic view for this board. Spot on IMHO.

2. NIL and transer portal with immediate eligibility has changed the game. The big donors didn't get along with Musselman and refused to fund it. Now Calipari has a huge guarantee of at least 5-6 million per year which will be at the top of college basketball NIL funding.

We kind of touched on this the other day it’s a dream scenario for us UK fans good luck with Calipari.

Thanks for the response. I’ll say after watching Cal for 15 years, #4 seems like a long shot. At the very least, we’ll both get some entertainment out of this move.

Reactions: kywildcat41086

@CHAMPCAT11 is this the guy you said was bad mouthing UK fans previously on another site? Sorry if you are the wrong UK fan but I thought you posted that in the last 2 or 3 months. Would love to see what and where he said it.

Last edited:

Well friend, you’re in for a rude awakening brother. He only gets yes men as assistants. He never lets them do the coaching, Calipari is an ego maniac and at a program like Arkansas, he’s going to carry himself like you’re a bunch of idiots and just lucky to have him. Trust us, this isn’t a situation where you will tell him anything. Not a program like Arkansas, it’s just not going to happen.

Y’all have given him full control and he is not good with that kind of control. Add in it’s a small southern state without the pedigree, he’s going to treat yall like sht by year 2.

I know why Arkansas did this, and maybe it’ll work to a small degree. Y’all needed to stop the bleeding and he will bring some recruits and yall will sell tickets, but that’s all it will be. He really cannot coach well and he puts bad players ahead of winning. He goes NOT care about winning at all. There’s not going to be a rejuvenated sense to his time there, Calipari would have saved his legacy and done that at UK by now. Arkansas is too small for his ego to care, trust me.

Calipari did this because he had all control taken this year and couldn’t handle it. Our boosters locked him out because he wanted the full buyout. I don’t think Arkansas quite understands how Calipari is today. He made this move t get his control back and Arkansas is small enough in his mind to do it, plus make another 30 million before retirement. This is purely about money, not winning basketball games. The Arkansas program won’t pull the same recruits he was able to get at Kentucky.

I wouldn’t have done it, but maybe it will sell some tickets. I can promise you this though by year 3 you’ll be so ready for him to go.

Cal might luck into 1 final four and it damn sure won't be multiple. The guy needed a change it might help him and we don't need to be jealous or talk shit about. We are UK and let's take the high road and build back better.

latest
Brad Calipari coach in waiting. Her is a pic of Brads response to the news.

Brad Cal will look good in red running practices

Reactions: Glock27
Yo the best thing that coulda happened wouldve been Coach Cal left to a SEC team!
Then he went and picked Arkansas. Thats the 2nd best he could've picked to make this freaking awesome!! Tennessee is the only other. All the other SEC teams I wouldn't give a shit. But pig sewey? Hell yea.

Its a freaking dream. We will whoop his ass with Bruce Pearl next year in Rupp by 20 .

Last edited:
Well obviously always wasn’t intended to mean always. I’d be willing to bet a look at the data would show you did it more than anyone else.

And you were probably right more than half the time.
More than anyone else could be accurate, but I only picked Kentucky to lose in the basketball and football games when I thought they would.

I was right sometimes, and wrong sometimes, but I was simply trying to pick correctly to win the fun contests. My picks and real money wagers are always placed without thoughts of my teams or favorites. Have a great day.

I got a cousin who lives and grew up in Fort Smith, AR. He said it best to me this morning. The fans there hated the enemy, especially Cal. That is until the enemy is now on YOUR side. Now it’s one of the greatest things to happen to the program. He seems to think Cal will bring recruits with him and will be at his best again. To solidify is HOF resume and prove a point. And the 6M NIL money will only help.
You just described Matt Jones perfectly.

• Haha
Reactions: MasonCoBlue
Sane thinking, 3HN. I don’t honestly think he’ll be there long enough to hurt your program like he hurt ours. I do see him rallying himself and trying to redeem his name. But I don’t see that paying off any higher than a couple of Elite Eights.

But what do I know. That NIL thing really is a big deal.

Sane thinking, 3HN. I don’t honestly think he’ll be there long enough to hurt your program like he hurt ours. I do see him rallying himself and trying to redeem his name. But I don’t see that paying off any higher than a couple of Elite Eights.

But what do I know. That NIL thing really is a big deal.
It sure is a big deal, really the biggest deal at this point. There will be little or no loyalty, it will be all about the dollar year after year.

Even though Arkansas has successfully used it in multiple sports, I do not like the NIL and Transfer Portal with immediate eligibility. Calipari may or may not fulfill the expected 5 year contract, but if so, that would probably be it. I guess we'll see.

More than anyone else could be accurate, but I only picked Kentucky to lose in the basketball and football games when I thought they would.

I was right sometimes, and wrong sometimes, but I was simply trying to pick correctly to win the fun contests. My picks and real money wagers are always placed without thoughts of my teams or favorites. Have a great day.
Hey it wasn’t personal. You’re a good contributor to the board.

The key word was “Karma”

Well friend, you’re in for a rude awakening brother. He only gets yes men as assistants. He never lets them do the coaching, Calipari is an ego maniac and at a program like Arkansas, he’s going to carry himself like you’re a bunch of idiots and just lucky to have him. Trust us, this isn’t a situation where you will tell him anything. Not a program like Arkansas, it’s just not going to happen.

Y’all have given him full control and he is not good with that kind of control. Add in it’s a small southern state without the pedigree, he’s going to treat yall like sht by year 2.

I know why Arkansas did this, and maybe it’ll work to a small degree. Y’all needed to stop the bleeding and he will bring some recruits and yall will sell tickets, but that’s all it will be. He really cannot coach well and he puts bad players ahead of winning. He goes NOT care about winning at all. There’s not going to be a rejuvenated sense to his time there, Calipari would have saved his legacy and done that at UK by now. Arkansas is too small for his ego to care, trust me.

Calipari did this because he had all control taken this year and couldn’t handle it. Our boosters locked him out because he wanted the full buyout. I don’t think Arkansas quite understands how Calipari is today. He made this move t get his control back and Arkansas is small enough in his mind to do it, plus make another 30 million before retirement. This is purely about money, not winning basketball games. The Arkansas program won’t pull the same recruits he was able to get at Kentucky.

I wouldn’t have done it, but maybe it will sell some tickets. I can promise you this though by year 3 you’ll be so ready for him to go.
WOW great post literally nailed it. This elitist prick thinks people in the south are beneath him. He will have success I am guessing for 3 years then watch out. Terrible bench coach and the Hog fans will find out.

Reactions: Glock27
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT