ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia isn’t a beast

tammefan

All-SEC
Sep 28, 2008
I’ve watched a lot of football this year including most Georgia games. This is a winnable game. We match up very good. They played a average game against a overrated Clemson team. There blowout of Arkansas is the only thing that sticks out. QB controversy could make for locker room issues. Pressure is on them not us.

Last edited:
Georgia has not played notre dame lol. And yes they are absolutely a beast of a team. That does not mean we cannot go in there and win but there is no reason to try to talk down Georgia because they are outstanding
That game was last year I think. I must have Covid brain. I seriously thought that.

Reactions: sam_o and Girthang
They rally to the ball as well as any team I’ve seen in recent memory. They always have stud RBs, this year is no different. A task made even harder without Bully and Ox. I wasn’t a big fan of either of their quarterbacks but Bennet is playing good football right now. I haven’t seen the batted balls at the line like we saw last year, (disclaimer) I’ve only watched part of three different games. They have speed on special teams and at receiver. This isn’t a lost cause of a game because of our senior leadership but it is definitely a tough nut to crack.

They rally to the ball as well as any team I’ve seen in recent memory. They always have stud RBs, this year is no different. A task made even harder without Bully and Ox. I wasn’t a big fan of either of their quarterbacks but Bennet is playing good football right now. I haven’t seen the batted balls at the line like we saw last year, (disclaimer) I’ve only watched part of three different games. They have speed on special teams and at receiver. This isn’t a lost cause of a game because of our senior leadership but it is definitely a tough nut to crack.
I agree. Even their weaknesses are strengths--Ha, Ha. We have got to get to the QB 2 or 3 times like we did last night, somehow. We have to hit home when the blitz is on a couple of times. Square's sack early in the game last night set a tone--we have to have something up our sleeves on Saturday to try to quiet the crowd and get them doubting a bit.

I agree. Even their weaknesses are strengths--Ha, Ha. We have got to get to the QB 2 or 3 times like we did last night, somehow. We have to hit home when the blitz is on a couple of times. Square's sack early in the game last night set a tone--we have to have something up our sleeves on Saturday to try to quiet the crowd and get them doubting a bit.
That is honestly what gives me hope. I think we have two very good coordinators, they will have a plan on how to attack UGA. Experienced talent usually wins out so it most likely won’t matter how good the plan is.

Their defense is incredible. Their offense is unproven imo
That’s the thing this year. I said it a couple of weeks ago, this year sets up beautiful for UGA. Who has that juggernaut offense to force them to score a lot of points. I’m not sure I’ve seen one, at least a consistent one. Someone may grow into that but I haven’t seen it yet.

I’m hoping that with them getting the #1 ranking they get a little “ full of themselves “ and despite us being ranked , they overlook us because of the way they’ve easily handled us the last several years, combined with looking ahead to their hated rival Florida Gators game , we don’t get their A game. That’s our chance , imo.

I think we are thr type team that matches up with them best.

I'm expecting under 40 with first to 20 to win.

So your implying that they do put their uniforms on one leg at a time?
LOL ! I coached my sons 5th grade football team. We were getting ready to play the league’s best team , undefeated. I could tell my guys were a little scared so I gave a little pep talk to try and get em fired up . After the game on the way home my son says “ dad , what were you talking about when you said their pants were just like ours ? “

you-cut-him-see-he-bleeds-hes-not-a-machine.jpg

LOL ! I coached my sons 5th grade football team. We were getting ready to play the league’s best team , undefeated. I could tell my guys were a little scared so I gave a little pep talk to try and get em fired up . After the game on the way home my son says “ dad , what were you talking about when you said their pants were just like ours ? “
I love stories like this.

Barring TO's in our favor, we need at least 125 yards rushing, & probably more, to have a shot. Otherwise, Uga controls the clock & # of plays.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
1. We pretty much always play them tough...and/or they seem to always play down to our level (last year if we had ANY offense we're in the game at the end, rain game down there 2 years ago -- one dropped TD from a very tight game in 4th quarter, etc.)

2. We are still yet to play our best offensive game. What if THIS is the week we put all the pieces together? I know, less likely against a great defensive team, but Coen's offense is a different animal and something tells me there's a wrinkle or two we (or UGa) haven't seen.

3. #1 ranking leads to hangover?

4. Finally, I (we) DESERVE this! After 11-1---but probation, seeing us outplay Bama (78?) and losing after giving up onside kick, Chris Doering, Tim Couch running the option, Mike Major as DC, the Bluegrass Miracle, the whole Joker era save the USCjr game, no time on the play-clock at the Swamp, not covering the WR in Lexington, etc, etc.

Not sure what country the OP is importing his buds from but Georgia is easily the best team in college football this year. We need to shorten the game and play Stoops physical football and if a couple turnovers go our way then we have a shot if our QB continues to play well.

I’ve watched a lot of football this year including most Georgia games. This is a winnable game. We match up very good. They played a average game against a overrated Clemson team. There blowout of Arkansas is the only thing that sticks out. QB controversy could make for locker room issues. Pressure is on them not us.

I agree....They are not the juggernaut UK fans are making them out to be.....Their QB is average AT BEST........Let them stop our O-Line and C-Rod. Let them stop Josh Paschal and Weaver attacking their QB.

They are a beast. UK might score 10 points. This is not the same team that has beaten you 11 years in a row.,..it’s different. Your players haven’t played in this environment this year. UK will be worn down to a nub in the 4th qtr .

I just watched the Auburn game and I watched the Arkansas game.

Georgia has the ability to open things up. They’ve got great speed at key positions. But they are not on level with some of these Alabama teams of late, and people are overrating their defense. The media is in the era of mad hyperbole, and people are buying into mythical storylines.

They are probably the best SEC team this year. It will be incredibly hard to win in the end, but I see no way we couldn’t be competitive if Levis can have good decision making and doesn’t over think. Defensively Kentucky is not just going to roll over and Georgia doesn’t have the ability to make us roll. It’s just not there from the looks of both teams last week. If you’re expecting UK to be blown out, I suppose it’s possible, but you’re probably in for a surprise.

I live down here. My wife is a UGA grad. I’ve seen every minute of every UGA game. We will be in attendance next week, as we have been for every UK/UGA game since I moved here in 2013. I would love to agree with you, but there’s a reason why we’re 24-point underdogs. Georgia is that good. Their defense is ridiculous. They could be better offensively, especially at QB, but that hasn’t stopped them from destroying everyone they’ve played. And trust me, there isn’t any QB controversy or locker room issues. They love Bennett. IMO, he’s better than Daniels. Or at least a better fit for this offense. I wouldn’t have said that last year, but it seems that way now. We’ll have to play a near perfect game to win. Or hope they’re off their game.

I am extremely impressed with Georgia. They are not only talented, they are well-coached, well-disciplined, and hungry. I think they are a well-deserved #1 team.

UK's best chance to keep this game competitive is if they achieve the following:

(1) Play virtually mistake-free football in terms of penalties.
(2) Have a TO margin of at least +2.
(3) Get at least one first down per drive to avoid a field position nightmare. Our punting game is simply not good enough to flip the field against Georgia.

Most importantly, this game calls for a lot of scripted play-calling and not a lot of audibles. Kentucky should have at least 5 scripted drives for this game, stay 100% committed to them, and not get distracted by what Georgia shows you. The only way to get yards against Georgia is via well-designed plays drawn up by Coen. Even then, you are not likely to get much, but you must take anything they give you. These play calls cannot be based on what has worked against Georgia so far this year, because Georgia learns very quickly. Their ability to adapt is astonishing. It must be a Kentucky-led play call that we are 100% all-in on, not something that we try to "read" as the game goes on.

I think Kentucky should get all the respect for what they’ve done so far this year. Bluntly, Kentucky has outplayed, out-coached, and out-efforted every team they’ve faced, even teams with more talent. And Kentucky has talent also, no mistake about that.

Anyone who tries to downplay what UGA has done this year is out of their mind, or uninformed and going off history. As a UGA season ticket holder for 35 years, this is easily the best UGA team I’ve seen.

The defense isn’t good or great. It’s historic. At this pace, it will go down as the greatest defense in the modern college football era statistically. After Kentucky and Florida, we will not play another team with a chance to beat us. And I view Kentucky as a much bigger threat than Florida.

The offense is top 10 in the nation, with most of the starters injured. The good news for UGA is most are expected back within 2-3 weeks, including possibly George Pickens.

This is Kirby’s #1, 1, 3, and 2 recruiting classes finally reaching upperclassman development. It’s taken awhile to get here, but it’s why we’re weathering the injury storm. And we’re about to get everyone back, just in time for a playoff push.

You are playing this team at a perfect time for an upset. We are tired and banged up. Kirby even discussed this at post game presser. But the reason it’s doubtful has nothing to do with you. It’s that 2-deep of NFL players on the defensive side that has actually only surrendered 16 points when they’ve been on the field (other points were against 4th string in garbage time).

No matter what happens, I can promise you the cats have the Dawgs’ attention. This a senior led, disciplined football who plays to their standard. If you beat them, you will earn it, and deserve to be #1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT