ADVERTISEMENT

Gators @ Cats (Friday)

Dan Roszel just ejected. That's trash. O'Sullivan was able to rail for 10 minutes after the weather delay.

Headrick changing his mind. Doesn't think Roszel was ejected. Which is crap from our staff. They should have been. I think they just warned Strickland.

Leftwich in... Schultz falls behind... he puts one to the wall but a jumping catch is out 1.

Collett singles through the right side to give them a shot at getting back into it.

Rhodes runs it full. Still not happy about some strikes. He's battling. 2 more foul balls. Pops up but they drop the ball... but Collett out at second.

Rubalcaba strikes out on 3 pitches.

Leftwich shrugs at UK bench and UK out of the dugout. Strickland ready to kill someone. Hill about ready to help him.

Florida doesn’t respect UK one bit. I’d be livid too they should be up 2-0 on them. If they’re not fired up to play tomorrow after that than put a fork in them and mingione.

Florida doesn’t respect UK one bit. I’d be livid too they should be up 2-0 on them. If they’re not fired up to play tomorrow after that than put a fork in them and mingione.
This team has fight. They'll be ready tomorrow, no doubt in my mind. Whether they can put it together and get the pitching needed, I don't know, but they won't give up.

Normally I would say don't blame the umps we had our chances, but this was just outrageous and to have those piece if shit kids from Florida stomping on the BEN logo on the mound after the game shows how classless they are and their Leader O’Shitivan teaches that crap

I think that’s part of it but UK and UF are always chippy. Sounds like Gators were a little mouthy at the end.

Normally I would say don't blame the umps we had our chances, but this was just outrageous and to have those piece if shit kids from Florida stomping on the BEN logo on the mound after the game shows how classless they are and their Leader O’Shitivan teaches that crap
They were stomping on the mound or specifically Ben’s emblem?

They were stomping on the mound or specifically Ben’s emblem?

They celebrated and did their full line of high fives on the mound. That's a no-no disrespect move as is. Not sure if they specifically stomped on B3N, but they did walk over it.

They celebrated and did their full line of high fives on the mound. That's a no-no disrespect move as is. Not sure if they specifically stomped on B3N, but they did walk over it.
Headrick said UK’s coaches were holding the team back which allowed UF to get some extra chirping in. If I was Mingione I would have cleared UF out.

Especially with Lee’s tendency to hit batters with his running fastball... I’m sure Florida will think they are all intentional. Could be interesting

That's fine by me. Someone needs to see the chin music.

We have a huge team. UF might want to think twice.

Yea but the big guys seem to be the nice ones. Smaller guys like Hill and Strickland were the two ready to go to war.

I wouldn't mess with them either though. Lol

Just a brutal loss, one strike away from a desperately needed win. Don't walk the leadoff batter in the 9th and it may not matter. When we play Florida in Lexington in any damn sport, why does it feel like the game is never over, even in final seconds? Gators have pulled more rabbits out of their hat than most teams we play.

Reactions: SeanCain
I was at the game, some thoughts:

-That officiating crew was abominable. Just HORRIBLE. The strike zone was all over the place. Allowed the teams to get totally out of hand mouthing off at each other. Just totally ruined the game. They should be out of work after this series, and I'm not exaggerating.

-With that said, UK really blew a golden chance. Had runners at 2nd and 3rd to end both the 7th and the 8th innings.

-The game should have been stopped before UF got its 2 run HR early. But, to be fair, UF had to deal with rain in the 7th. The difference is that UF took advantage and we didnt.

-Can't believe how uncompetitive our ABs were when Mace was getting up to 114-120 pitches. I was amazed at how weakly we went down.

-Props to UK's Defense. We are making good plays in the outfield, Collett has been excellent at first, Ritter has been a star at SS.

-We are getting NOTHING at the plate from Estep, Anu, Kessler. Lewis was horrible yesterday. So frustrating.

-Cam HIll has been a WARRIOR this series. Excellent at the plate and in the field. And UF absolutely hates him. Estep and Lewis look scared, they need to emulate Hill.

I want to win this series so badly today, I hate UF. O'Sullivan is a grade A asshole.

Reactions: SeanCain
What a bunch of crap. UK got screwed by the home plate ump and then Florida showed what a team of complete shit hooks they are from their coach down. I thought my head was going to explode last night and figured it was best I not post until today. UK must win this game today.

What a bunch of crap. UK got screwed by the home plate ump and then Florida showed what a team of complete shit hooks they are from their coach down. I thought my head was going to explode last night and figured it was best I not post until today. UK must win this game today.
Florida’s major sports program (baseball, football and basketball) is full is DB’s and has been for years.

I was at the game, some thoughts:

-That officiating crew was abominable. Just HORRIBLE. The strike zone was all over the place. Allowed the teams to get totally out of hand mouthing off at each other. Just totally ruined the game. They should be out of work after this series, and I'm not exaggerating.

-With that said, UK really blew a golden chance. Had runners at 2nd and 3rd to end both the 7th and the 8th innings.

-The game should have been stopped before UF got its 2 run HR early. But, to be fair, UF had to deal with rain in the 7th. The difference is that UF took advantage and we didnt.

-Can't believe how uncompetitive our ABs were when Mace was getting up to 114-120 pitches. I was amazed at how weakly we went down.

-Props to UK's Defense. We are making good plays in the outfield, Collett has been excellent at first, Ritter has been a star at SS.

-We are getting NOTHING at the plate from Estep, Anu, Kessler. Lewis was horrible yesterday. So frustrating.

-Cam HIll has been a WARRIOR this series. Excellent at the plate and in the field. And UF absolutely hates him. Estep and Lewis look scared, they need to emulate Hill.

I want to win this series so badly today, I hate UF. O'Sullivan is a grade A asshole.
Thanks for the information. Hopefully we come out angry today and play aggressively. We do have some guys who aren’t producing at the plate, but keep in mind we are playing really good teams right now. UF and Vandy are just much more talented than we are. Carolina I would have to think is but not by the same distance as the other two I mentioned. Bottom line is we have to recruit better players.

Reactions: irishcat1965
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT