ADVERTISEMENT

Garrison Brooks commits to UNC

Guess what I meant to say I still that UNC could sign a one armed midget right now and I can't make fun of em. Winning a title gives ya some wiggle room.

Friday nights Colonel Angus drinks beer. Some might say beer drinks Colonel Angus. The result is usually shit posting on the CatPaw. Everyone is entitled to a mulligan now and again.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoCatsForever2k15
Guess what I meant to say I still that UNC could sign a one armed midget right now and I can't make fun of em. Winning a title gives ya some wiggle room.

Friday nights Colonel Angus drinks beer. Some might say beer drinks Colonel Angus. The result is usually shit posting on the CatPaw. Everyone is entitled to a mulligan now and again.
We can and will make fun of them. It's what we do here.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Love that people think a guy ranked 150 somehow affects Knox and at the same time say Bamba could not possibly be affected by Bam returning.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Love that people think a guy ranked 150 somehow affects Knox and at the same time say Bamba could not possibly be affected by Bam returning.

Agreed that it will affect Knox but it may be a sign that UNC knows that Knox isn't looking good so they are scrambling to get what they can get.

20+ years of blatant unrestrained cheating, lying and coverup doesn't allow any wiggle room at all.

I don't really see the point in tearing down Brooks as a recruit. If 2-3 years from now he turns out to be a decent player, it just makes you look like an idiot.

Duke fans in particular savaged and ridiculed Luke Maye when he signed with Carolina. I wonder how much that motivated him to improve? He comes back in his sophomore year and outplays and outscores Giles and Bolden put together.

It's called Karma folks, and as a UK fan, I'm not messing with the basketball gods.

I don't really see the point in tearing down Brooks as a recruit. If 2-3 years from now he turns out to be a decent player, it just makes you look like an idiot.

Duke fans in particular savaged and ridiculed Luke Maye when he signed with Carolina. I wonder how much that motivated him to improve? He comes back in his sophomore year and outplays and outscores Giles and Bolden put together.

It's called Karma folks, and as a UK fan, I'm not messing with the basketball gods.

Luke Maye is actually proof karma doesn't exist.

Reactions: Aike and Col. Angus
20+ years of blatant unrestrained cheating, lying and coverup doesn't allow any wiggle room at all.

Still... title.
Luke Maye is actually proof karma doesn't exist.

He was one of the commitments I laughed at UNC for taking. Then he ends up beating UK for a trip to the Final Four. Had literally never heard of the guy when UNC took him and scouts started reporting on it. He was one of the examples of how UNC recruiting was going down the shitter as a result of the academic scandal.

Welp.

Still... title.

He was one of the commitments I laughed at UNC for taking. Then he ends up beating UK for a trip to the Final Four. Had literally never heard of the guy when UNC took him and scouts started reporting on it. He was one of the examples of how UNC recruiting was going down the shitter as a result of the academic scandal.

Welp.
Primo passive-aggressive trolling all through this thread.

Kudos.

Let me ask- were you affording Cal the same respect after he won a title in 12 (ancient history, I know), and was going to 4 FF's in his first 6 years while UNC didn't sniff a single one? I bet I know the answer.

Last edited:
Still... title.

Welp.

You laughed at UNC for taking him?

Why do I doubt that?

@mj2k10 has you pegged.

Roy has a pretty savvy eye for talent and great contacts. Most probably don't remember that UNC was all in on Lauri Markkanen and considered the prohibitive favorite last year until Zona swooped in at last minute. Just imagine how good they would have been this year swapping out Hicks for Markkanen.

He's really taken a shot in the dark this year though on a kid named Sterling Manley out of Indiana. Manley is ranked No. 268 on 247 and I ranked on Rivals. Brooks I think will actually develop into a solid college basketball player, but Manley really seems like desperation. If Manley turns out to be a good player, I'll be impressed.

Let me ask- were you affording Cal the same respect after he won a title in 12 (ancient history, I know), and was going to 4 FF's in his first 6 years while UNC didn't sniff a single one? I bet I know the answer.

Yep. I didn't expect an NIT the following year (and it wouldn't have happened had Noel stayed healthy) but that title bought him plenty of slack. If that's the answer you thought you knew then you're correct and I award you one internet cookie.

:cookie:

You laughed at UNC for taking him?

Why do I doubt that?

@mj2k10 has you pegged.

Pegged as what? I don't follow. No one had ever heard of Luke Maye when UNC signed him, he was a 3 star recruit that they took because they HAD to, and lots of people were questioning it/signaling it as evidence of their downfall in recruiting as a result of the scandal at the time. What does pointing out that fact peg me as?

Yep. I didn't expect an NIT the following year (and it wouldn't have happened had Noel stayed healthy) but that title bought him plenty of slack. If that's the answer you thought you knew then you're correct and I award you one internet cookie.

:cookie:

Good Troll answer. You work the NIT into it (thus taking a passive-aggressive shot at Cal and UK), and you completely disregard the 6 year gap when your idol wasn't doing jack sh** at UNC.

Nice try, though, UNC guy.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
[laughing]

If you only knew.
All I know, or care about in this context, is what you choose to post on this board.

Whatever the reality, maybe you should consider how what you're posting reads. You're probably right that UK fans should tone down any mocking of UNC, but after a while that comes off as UNC cheerleading.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
All I know, or care about in this context, is what you choose to post on this board.

Whatever the reality, maybe you should consider how what you're posting reads. You're probably right that UK fans should tone down any mocking of UNC, but after a while that comes off as UNC cheerleading.

Read your DMs

Roy has a pretty savvy eye for talent and great contacts. Most probably don't remember that UNC was all in on Lauri Markkanen and considered the prohibitive favorite last year until Zona swooped in at last minute. Just imagine how good they would have been this year swapping out Hicks for Markkanen.

He's really taken a shot in the dark this year though on a kid named Sterling Manley out of Indiana. Manley is ranked No. 268 on 247 and I ranked on Rivals. Brooks I think will actually develop into a solid college basketball player, but Manley really seems like desperation. If Manley turns out to be a good player, I'll be impressed.

Markkanen was a known talent whose father I believe played at Kansas. Roy had an "in."

Name one non-elite prospect Roy has done anything with. His three title teams were loaded with elite recruits who he was "lucky" came back to school for their junior and senior seasons.

I'd also add that probably has a lot to do with the fact '05 and '09 were loaded with players with FAKE AA Studies majors.

As multiple people have already said in this thread, UNC was as loaded as any team in the country where top-level talent is concerned. Only Duke compares as a team with a roster full of top-50 players retained over many years. UNC's problem is that they have a big talent drop-off around the corner. When Berry and Bradley leave, there won't be much left in the cupboard to build a team around.

ADVERTISEMENT