ADVERTISEMENT

Garrison Brooks commits to UNC

OP is either a troll or is delusional and makes some of the worst posts in the history of this board.

OP is likely fully aware that Brooks isn’t even ranked. He’s being ironic for the sake of mocking all of us.

Not sure of ranking but seems to be a 4 star player that decommitted from Mississippi State.

Reactions: howercat
I love this board because every stupid person is accused of being a troll fan of another team several times over before just being accused of low intellect.

0e6f53bfb8d645b48c17ae862880699c

lol they were all 4/5 star recruits.

UNC's class this year is crap. It's news that they just signed a guy not in the top 100.
Yes, just my opinion, but the thing killing UNC's chances with Knox is not signing this guy. It's the cloud still hanging over their heads with possible sanctions or penalties. I don't think Knox is gonna end up at Carolina. Maybe Missouri or Duke, but not UNC.

Reactions: jrm693
Brooks is a nice looking player, and he obviously wanted UNC bad - had people in the family trying to force him elsewhere.

He'll be around a couple of years and probably develop into a starter and nice college basketball player - much like Meeks or Hicks - and help them win games.

The question mark for UNC is how quickly Felton can quickly develop into a leader like Berry. Those hoping UNC would ever hit bottom like we did in the early '90s are hoping in vain. Unlike Kentucky, too much talent in Tobacco Road area that would walk thru broken glass to go to UNC, and even we were only down a couple of years.

UNC just took a team of guys I would've laughed at 3 years ago and won a title. Not gonna crack on em taking a commitment from some dude I've never heard of.

:joy: They started 5 upperclassmen McDonalds All-Americans. That wasn't some ragtag crew.

Yeah, Roy is an AWESOME coach when he can get a team full of Top 25 guys to stay 3-4 years.

Brooks is a nice looking player, and he obviously wanted UNC bad - had people in the family trying to force him elsewhere.

He'll be around a couple of years and probably develop into a starter and nice college basketball player - much like Meeks or Hicks - and help them win games.

The question mark for UNC is how quickly Felton can quickly develop into a leader like Berry. Those hoping UNC would ever hit bottom like we did in the early '90s are hoping in vain. Unlike Kentucky, too much talent in Tobacco Road area that would walk thru broken glass to go to UNC, and even we were only down a couple of years.

Hicks was a Top 20ish player and Meeks was a McDAA.

UNC just took a team of guys I would've laughed at 3 years ago and won a title. Not gonna crack on em taking a commitment from some dude I've never heard of.
Not true at all. UNC had like 6-7 top 40 players. If you get top 40 players to stay 3-4 years you will be a top 5 team. UNC has gotten 3 top 40 players though in the last 3 years that is why they are going to succccccccck very soon. They won't be a top 15 team next season and the season after that unless they get an amazing class in 18 they won't be top 25.

Not true at all. UNC had like 6-7 top 40 players. If you get top 40 players to stay 3-4 years you will be a top 5 team. UNC has gotten 3 top 40 players though in the last 3 years that is why they are going to succccccccck very soon. They won't be a top 15 team next season and the season after that unless they get an amazing class in 18 they won't be top 25.

You might be right...but I do remember most around here saying the same thing last year (that UNC would suck this year, and that last year was their last chance at a title for the foreseeable future), and how did that turn out? As much as they cheat and have cheated, and as much as we rag on ol' roy for being a bad coach, you still can't count them out. If Berry and the big kid come back then they will have a good team again next year. If Knox joins them then they will be right back up into the mix for the top teams. Not to mention, roy has shown that he can coach up the 3-4 stars into good players for his system.

Didn't they have like 5+ McDonald's all Americans?

I'm aware.

lol they were all 4/5 star recruits.

UNC's class this year is crap. It's news that they just signed a guy not in the top 100.
I'm aware.

You would have laughed at Meeks, Berry, Jackson and Bradley?

I'm aware.

:joy: They started 5 upperclassmen McDonalds All-Americans. That wasn't some ragtag crew.

Yeah, Roy is an AWESOME coach when he can get a team full of Top 25 guys to stay 3-4 years.

I'm aware.

I'm aware.

Col. Angus is on meth.:cop:

I'm aware.

You might be right...but I do remember most around here saying the same thing last year (that UNC would suck this year, and that last year was their last chance at a title for the foreseeable future), and how did that turn out? As much as they cheat and have cheated, and as much as we rag on ol' roy for being a bad coach, you still can't count them out. If Berry and the big kid come back then they will have a good team again next year. If Knox joins them then they will be right back up into the mix for the top teams. Not to mention, roy has shown that he can coach up the 3-4 stars into good players for his system.

Yeah, I guess I have missed all the posts saying Williams is a "bad coach". Hypocrite? Liar? Cheater? Yep.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT