ADVERTISEMENT

Games Thread 10-19

Damn…I’d have never guessed losses to South Carolina, Vandy, and UGA would be about equal weight!

Oklahoma looking like they may not be ready for SEC.

Kind of like Venables, but he’s going on the ever growing list of DCs not cut out for the modern game at the high end level.

Kirby and Lanning looking last of the Mohicans.

Some big school is definitely stealing IU's coach in the off season. What an amazing job he's doing.

Yeah that is as impressive of a turnaround as any in the modern era.

Be interesting to see who pursues him. Maybe IU pays up and he stays put…for now anyway. If he follows up with another run next season some real big dogs and money will come his way.

Yeah that is as impressive of a turnaround as any in the modern era.

Be interesting to see who pursues him. Maybe IU pays up and he stays put…for now anyway. If he follows up with another run next season some real big dogs and money will come his way.
Just found out he's in his early 60's so he may stay. It's looking really good for IU to make the playoffs. This just shows how important coaching is.

Just found out he's in his early 60's so he may stay. It's looking really good for IU to make the playoffs. This just shows how important coaching is.
Yeah he’s older and has had a winning career already. Might not be looking to bounce around. If so, good for IU, great hire.

Basketball school…not enough money…tough road…them dogs ain’t gonna hunt no more

I was saying to myself that I wonder if they wish they could change their mind about coming to the SEC? You hardly ever can have an easy week here. Not going to just out talent your opponents anymore.

Welcome to the SEC Sooners.

They used to dominate the light-weight Big Twelve, then lose by 45 in the 4 team playoff.

Now they can enjoy that feeling in the regular season!

Basketball school…not enough money…tough road…them dogs ain’t gonna hunt no more

They have (or had prior to our Texas/Oklahoma expansion) a richer division of television profits than any SEC team.

And their roundball is profitable.

IU has very deep pockets.

[This list has Kentucky 16th in gross revenue (159 million) and IU at 13th (166 million].

IU’s gross is ahead of seven public (open records) SEC schools. Vandy is not listed, as a private entity, so IU is likely ahead of 8 SEC schools.

That dog is hunting among the best!!

Last edited:
Reactions: blubo
UT about to be shut out for the 3rd straight game. QB is dam important. Ward at Miami has bailed them out more then once already this season

Reactions: The-Hack
UT trails at half 7-0.

And TERRIBLE body language: six UT players entering tunnel looked completely wilted.

It’s weird after the past couple of years to see a Heupel coached Tennessee team have an elite defense and a sputtering offense. They could be scary if they ever managed to have both in one season. Let’s hope they never do.

They have (or had prior to our Texas/Oklahoma expansion) a richer division of television profits than any SEC team.

And their roundball is profitable.

IU has very deep pockets.

[This list has Kentucky 16th in gross revenue (159 million) and IU at 13th (166 million].

IU’s gross is ahead of seven public (open records) SEC schools. Vandy is not listed, as a private entity, so IU is likely ahead of 8 SEC schools.

That dog is hunting among the best!!
Looks like we’re spending more money. By about 20 mill…almost everything we make we put back to work.

Let’s see if they have a million dollar recruiting coordinator or 9 million dollar coach….compare staff salaries in general.

Let’s also look at spending on football facilities.

Did Alabama just pull an Ole Miss? Ran a guy on the field at the last second and just falls down hurt.
po-facepalm.gif

Interesting decision to punt there against a Bama defense that’s been having all kinds of problems getting off the field the past few weeks. Not that I’ll mind if they fall behind by two scores as a result.

Interesting decision to punt there against a Bama defense that’s been having all kinds of problems getting off the field the past few weeks. Not that I’ll mind if they fall behind by two scores as a result.

Alabama hasn't shown they can consistently move the ball today so I don't have an issue with it. They are pinned deep. If they go 96 yards tip your cap to them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT