ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday discussing recent FBI developments, Bilas and Jay Williams

A

anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y

sounded a bit nervous in my opinion. Vehemently blamed the NCAA for all of this. Said if they make changes, none of this would be criminal.

Law? The NCAA has nothing to do with laws.
Exactly. The NCAA is exactly what it says it. A collegiate association. Their rules apply to athletes. Someone can buy me all the meals they want, give me rings and $1,000 bills and I can still go to college and get my degree. I just can't play basketball if I get caught. None of these things are against the law as long as I declare them on my taxes.

Sure Jay, lets set up a system where the deepest pockets wins....brilliant.
I guess he thinks they should openly bid on players like apparently many schools have been doing privately. Lol if Dukes involved it will be amusing hearing him try to defend them. It was comical the BS he was saying to defend UNC for all of the cheating they did. He will be ten times worse for his alma mater. He's just falling in line with his peers. ACC suck ass commentators.

Guys, Bilas didn't say that. The poster was putting words in his mouth for comical effect.

If left to Bilas no one should go attend class either. All he seems to be concerned with is the few dozen with pro potential. (That and giving Duke & UNC free passes in everything.)

He fails to see or appreciate the bigger picture IMO.

Exactly

If left to Bilas no one should go attend class either. All he seems to be concerned with is the few dozen with pro potential. (That and giving Duke & UNC free passes in everything.)

Bilas has become my least favorite announcer. He changed in last two years, he is an insuffurable know it all with an agenda.

NCAA is the most broken system in sports.
Almost.
rtx1l1th.jpg

Reactions: KYExtemper

ESPN has known what they are doing for years. They have inundated their viewers with the notion that the ACC, duke and UNC in particular, have always done things the right way.
Their employees are mostly former ACC or Big East players or students who have built in biases that subtly ooze out.

Makes me wonder if Duke really is caught up in this, if those guys are trying to preempt and downplay the scandal, or deflect blame onto the NCAA. That’s not a tone they’ve taken until now. What’s changed?

Well Bilas has always gone after the NCAA.. even back when it seemed like he was becoming an ambassador for Kentucky.

But at this point.. he's like a scorned girfirled in regards to the NCAA. He just wants to see them burn. Definitely has an agenda. However, I can't say I dislike what he's doing. He takes the NCAA to task as much as possible.

ESPN has known what they are doing for years. They have inundated their viewers with the notion that the ACC, duke and UNC in particular, have always done things the right way.
Their employees are mostly former ACC or Big East players or students who have built in biases that subtly ooze out.

You could remove the word "subtly" and be 100% right.

Reactions: Cawood86
Jay Bilas has become nothing more than an over the top ACC/Duke/UNC propagandist.

Heck, while he's at it, can he give U.K. back all we lost from the NCAA over "paying players" 30 years ago. [pfftt]

So all he's saying is that if Duke is doing it, like the OAD, it is suddenly OK. Ridiculous!!

Exactly. What Bilas and others fail to see is the bigger picture. Most folks are not going pro so the rules need to be focus on the benefit to the majority, not the few millionnaires attending school for 8 months.

No one feels sorry for poor ole John Wall and the fact he had to go to UK for 8 months and be treated like a Rockstar, while building his brand in front of millions of people, before going on to a $100M contract in the league.

Bilas has become my least favorite announcer. He changed in last two years, he is an insuffurable know it all with an agenda.

Agreed. He's turned into a contrarian for the sake of having a differing opinion and it comes across like a smug, know it all. We get that the NCAA sucks, but his bias against anything NCAA is approaching anarchy.

Good night what an idiot.

“John Doe would have every right to rape little kids if the law would’ve allowed it.”

Might be the stupidest take I’ve ever seen.

I know man. Bilas is waaay off on this one

So duke is part of this massive investigation ??? Sure sounds like it to me. Is bagley playing today ???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT