ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread Arkansas vs Kentucky

Who cares about the officials. They made some bad calls no calls berating them isn’t gonna bring them to your side. Cal with the T and fans cussing them. I mean cañ got on their ass from the beginning. They feel disrespected don’t expect anything from them. Our defense is terrible btw. Toppin is terrible on defense. We should be up in this game. Give up 40 this half and we lose simple as that. I have no faith in cal to fix it.

Btw the refs are turned off by being screamed at by cal. The guys runs around like a rabid ape ripping all their asses. Advocate for your team but my gd man pick your battles.

Dude, the ref got his feelings hurt from normal coachspeak. Maybe he should find a new job. Drew Franklin is reporting that the ref is pointing out fans to the police.
None of what you are posting matters. As long as the refs have the whistle, you have to be smart enough to not allow your emotions to hurt your team. If a player received that technical, Cal would have been all over the player.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Getting a tech is stupid and idiotic in a game where we need every single point we can get.

It isn't like Cal getting a tech is going to change how the officials officiate the game.

We could not afford that tonight.

Also Topping stupid inbounds pass cost us 2 pts.

Also I think we got a lane violation so that cost us a point.

That's 5 points we should be up 4 right now. Will it cost us the game in the end ?
Also the 2 phantom fouls on Oscar, the phantom shooting foul on reeves that led to 2 FTs for council, missed walk

There isn't a single player on the floor loafing.
Toppins was loafing until Cal took him out and got in his rear-end. Got beat to several balls by just not giving effort or playing soft.

Playing soft is loafing when you CAN play tough. And Toppin CAN dominate. Just doesn't always put forth the effort.

Reactions: studentcat and ck-2
Getting a tech is stupid and idiotic in a game where we need every single point we can get.

It isn't like Cal getting a tech is going to change how the officials officiate the game.

That's 5 points we should be up 4 right now. Will it cost us the game in the end ?
What a stupid post. Arkansas has 5 TOs that have led to 6 UK points. You just going to ignore that?

Reactions: The_Answer1313

Probably not.

But maybe it fired the crowd up.
Maybe it fired the team up.

It's reasonable to think that the T could have helped things more than hurt things.

Reactions: Catfan2226
A smart man realizes the power that the refs have and when they have heard enough from you. You can't be dumb enough to let your emotions get the best of you to the point of robbing your team of their momentum. At that point, that missed call was no worse than the previous ones. Cal just compounded it with the technical foul.
If you think what Cal was doing warranted a technical from the opposite end of the court, after a missed travel that led to a bucket in a tight game, then good for you. Drew Franklin said that same ref has been pointing out fans to police throughout the course of the game. Guess he’s insecure or has an axe to grind. Keep defending his incompetency. Maybe he’s your brother or cousin? Who tf knows

Who cares about the officials. They made some bad calls no calls berating them isn’t gonna bring them to your side. Cal with the T and fans cussing them. I mean cañ got on their ass from the beginning. They feel disrespected don’t expect anything from them. Our defense is terrible btw. Toppin is terrible on defense. We should be up in this game. Give up 40 this half and we lose simple as that. I have no faith in cal to fix it.

Btw the refs are turned off by being screamed at by cal. The guys runs around like a rabid ape ripping all their asses. Advocate for your team but my gd man pick your battles.
Have you watched Ark's coach? Damn mirror image of Cal in regards to interacting with the refs.

T was not deserved in that situation. Just a rabbit ear ref that wanted to abuse his power. Arky hit some tough shots against good defense.

Reactions: jacobbleedsblue
See, Arkansas is an elite defensive team, which, they are certainly playing great D tonight, but we got 40 points on them. We played players that are efficient, hopefully we can finish this off, Arkansas is getting better each game.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Toppins was loafing until Cal took him out and got in his rear-end. Got beat to several balls by just not giving effort or playing soft.

Playing soft is loafing when you CAN play tough. And Toppin CAN dominate. Just doesn't always put forth the effort.
Your eyes were loafing. All the players have been playing hard even though the outcome wasn't always productive.

What a stupid post. Arkansas has 5 TOs that have led to 6 UK points. You just going to ignore that?
I am talking about the really terrible mistakes made ones that should never happen.

You think throwing the ball on inbounds pass to the other team when our guy isn't looking is like a normal turnover ?

You think lane violations are like normal play ?

Techs ?

Ok then you are right you called it what a stupid post those should happen all the time JFC man

AK shoots 50% from 3 and 100% from FT line. Can we hope the law of averages catch up with them in the 2nd half?

Reactions: studentcat
I hope Collins sticks around and keeps improving. He can make a massive impact with next years class also. Plus Onyenso. Man. What a front court it could be

If you think what Cal was doing warranted a technical from the opposite end of the court, after a missed travel that led to a bug bucket in a tight game, then good for you.
It isn't about what I think or what you think; it is about what the man with the whistle thinks.

Tells you something about a guy when it takes a chewing from the coach to get max effort. Especially in a game like this.

Cal CAUSED THAT!!!

He has to keep his MOUTH SHUT!!!

I HIGHLY DOUBT that Tech keeps that CORRUPT Ref from continuing to SCREW us over!!!!

THANKS AGAIN CAL FOR NOTHING!!!
Is this serious or satire? I sure hope the latter.

I am talking about the really terrible mistakes made ones that should never happen.

You think throwing the ball on inbounds pass to the other team when our guy isn't looking is like a normal turnover ?

You think lane violations are like normal play ?

Techs ?

Ok then you are right you called it what a stupid post those should happen all the time JFC man
It is a high intensity game. Mistakes happen. It isn't like Toppin wanted that to happen. Why did Wallace turn his back on the passer?

No doubt!!

But can't hurt the team by getting T'd Up right before halftime when all the momentum from getting that T is over in a minute.

It also cost us the lead. If we lose by 1 or 2, it will be REALLY bad.
If we lose by 1 or 2 it'll be on the refs calling an extremely bad first half and T'ing up a coach irritated the refs were continually missing calls.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Well, the man with the whistle is a f’n incompetent clown who has decided to make himself a part of a good game because he can’t call basic traveling violations.
He might be everything that you think he is, but at the moment he is the man who has the power to make calls for us or against us. That is the only thing that matters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT