ADVERTISEMENT

Game Observation

BigKari

Senior
Apr 15, 2014
Only 5 players scored. Love that we can throw different looks at teams with our quality depth, but look at that, we got 5 dudes who can really freakin go. Not a bad thing to have 5 killers surrounded by complementary pieces that don’t need to score to effect the game.

UT had "7" players who scored. 1 on a free throw and two with 2 points. The team that holds Knecht in check will take UT out.

The offensive depth of this team is something to behold. If one guy is struggling, there's another right behind him ready to come in and pick up the slack at every position. Just need to get Tre back to playing how he was earlier in the season.

UT had "7" players who scored. 1 on a free throw and two with 2 points. The team that holds Knecht in check will take UT out.
Threat Knecht like we did Pete Maravich….guard him but he is going to score.Let him have his points and shut down everyone else. Pistol Pete probably averaged 40+ points per game against st us, but was 0-8 against us

Just imagine if UK had gone all in and gotten Dalton. Dalton and Reed wow. With Reeves wow. With Dilly coming in from the bench wow.

I’m excited for what might happen but worried at the same time.

At least I know we don’t have to worry about UT. There’s no way they can win a title because they rely way too much on Knecht and he won’t be able to put quality teams away by himself, and Tennessee won’t be able to flop their way into winning 6 straight. I just feel the way Barnes coaches he has no shot at winning a title in his career, and might go 0fer making the final four. He doesn’t prepare teams well for the tournament. His lack of success in March is not just bad luck.

This team has the makeup of a final four team hands down. But you cannot keep blowing huge leads and Calipari is to blame for this as well. His timeout usage is terrible, but in his defense, he usually tightens up in March, save Wisconsin.

Only 5 players scored. Love that we can throw different looks at teams with our quality depth, but look at that, we got 5 dudes who can really freakin go. Not a bad thing to have 5 killers surrounded by complementary pieces that don’t need to score to effect the game.
I felt like Ugo set the tone early for our defense. He really played hell of good defense the first 7 minutes of that game. If he plays like that it’s perfect.

The offensive depth of this team is something to behold. If one guy is struggling, there's another right behind him ready to come in and pick up the slack at every position. Just need to get Tre back to playing how he was earlier in the season.
And get DJ to have solid games then we have 7.

Reactions: JB_Cat
100%. Although DJ had stepped up in the past couple of games in terms of 3pt shooting when the rest of the team was struggling, I feel like he's the last "hold out" in finding his confidence and playing within himself, ala Edwards. Here's hoping he finds it when it counts.

100%. Although DJ had stepped up in the past couple of games in terms of 3pt shooting when the rest of the team was struggling, I feel like he's the last "hold out" in finding his confidence and playing within himself, ala Edwards. Here's hoping he finds it when it counts.
DJ’s been playing well, couldn’t get untracked because of foul trouble

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT