ADVERTISEMENT

Fueger on ksr

This number of $1m NIL pledged... someone help me out here. They're saying they have $1m pledged to be donated over the next year, correct? As in, if I'm signed up for $41/month, they've considered that $492 towards the total. As opposed to $1m donated for NIL by the May 15 goal.

I wonder if this pot is intended to be for NIL next offseason, or will be used to pay guys out over the course of this year. I assume NIL checks role out like a paycheck, biweekly or monthly, rather than a lump sum up front. Seems like the latter would put you in precarious position to have a guy jump ship at the last minute and double dip.

Last edited:
Would love that "crazy development" to be a Darryn Peterson re-class!
Respectfully ... I'm not sure that a re-class would be good for Peterson. His DOB is 1-17-2007. He just turned 17 years old four months ago. Just sayin' ...

“How coach Pope likes to build his program, his teams is give these guys a ton of confidence first and foremost. He wants them to play fast, free, and fearless,” Kentucky assistant coach Cody Fueger said Tuesday morning on KSR. “Offensively, we’re trying to get up 35 threes a game and if you turn down an open shot, you’re coming to sit on the bench. That’s how he coaches. He wants to give these guys tons of freedom and wants them to play off their instincts. So that’s a huge thing for us offensively. Just playing fast, playing the transition. And let these guys make plays and make reads.”

“How coach Pope likes to build his program, his teams is give these guys a ton of confidence first and foremost. He wants them to play fast, free, and fearless,” Kentucky assistant coach Cody Fueger said Tuesday morning on KSR. “Offensively, we’re trying to get up 35 threes a game and if you turn down an open shot, you’re coming to sit on the bench. That’s how he coaches. He wants to give these guys tons of freedom and wants them to play off their instincts. So that’s a huge thing for us offensively. Just playing fast, playing the transition. And let these guys make plays and make reads.”
I love the idea of giving them confidence and letting them play fearless. At the same time, I hope they don't have to play off their instincts too much. That was always Cal's "strategy". I'm hoping for enough structure that they don't have to "figure it out" all the time.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
If he can get that message out to recruits and have some success, he shouldn't have any problems getting players to want to play for him.

I love the idea of giving them confidence and letting them play fearless. At the same time, I hope they don't have to play off their instincts too much. That was always Cal's "strategy". I'm hoping for enough structure that they don't have to "figure it out" all the time.
Here's my take. I'm sure that there is plenty of structure in what Pope wants done offensively. My guess is he aims to train them in practice in such a way that it becomes second nature to them. So their instincts reflect the training that's been instilled.

I don't think Cal taught his guys much of anything, so they had no good instincts to lean into. Just chaos.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT