ADVERTISEMENT

Fromm declares for NFL Draft

fabcat

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 17, 2007
Just saw this on ESPN. Who does Georgia have to replace him? They have lost some very good QB’s to transfers now this. Could make it interesting in the East

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
They'll get a quality grad transfer - likely Newman from WF or Costello from Stanford. Word is that Newman is working out in Atlanta today.

Sounds like Kirby was not blind sided by this decision since Newman is working out in Atlanta today. Haven’t kept up with this kid, is he from Atlanta??

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Let’s go ! East is wide open... Go Cats
I agree...I think Newman is a drop off from Fromm

Newman completion percentage is almost always below 60% in ACC play and it's all short stuff. Now he can run a bit with his legs but he's no great QB run threat. I just don't see UGA offensively being anything great w/o Fromm, top OL and Swift while keeping the same OC who was underwhelming.

I think the UK is a legit threat to win the East.

Reactions: UKUGA
Wonder how they feel about letting Fields get away so that they could have one more season of Fromm

IMO, Fromm needs another year. Didn't seem to progress from last year. While he's never going to be drafted over Lawrence if he stays another year, he might be the 4th or worse QB drafted this year vs. perhaps 2nd next year (Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Hurts (?), Eason (?), et al). He'll obviously get drafted and may turn out to be a really good QB in the NFL. He just didn't consistently play like an NFL talent this year, imo.

Wonder how they feel about letting Fields get away so that they could have one more season of Fromm

Without a doubt they’d rather have Fields in house, but look around the landscape, kids, especially QBs, just aren’t sticking around to be back-ups anymore.

Joe Burrow will be starting in the national title game on Monday. Justin Fields will not.

Do you think Ohio State is mad about that?

Mays father played at TN, younger brother just signed there. Don't have to be a mental giant to figure that one out.

it's a lot deeper than that, his parents are suing Georgia and Mays is a projected top 15 pick in next years draft so leaving now is actually a setback for him as he will have to set out a year

So you think UGA let him transfer? Good QBs aren't sitting and waiting their turn anymore.

On the Mays issue, parents weren't happy we didn't offer little brother. Sued the AA board because the dad got part of his pinky finger cut off during Cafes recruitment.

Case was a surprise to me, but apparently not to staff we signed heavy on the OL. We are bringing in a grad transfer QB, I haven heard Costello mentioned until Jammer. But Neuman, Brice and King are names I have heard.

We would hope teams that recruit better then us would have more Good players leave early..

I guess UGA will go with Justin Fields, he was the consensus no. 2 QB two years ago, behind Trevor Lawrence. He hasn't played much at Georgia, so who knows what he can do, you know, with a really good team around him. I guess we will see in 2020.

Just saw this on ESPN. Who does Georgia have to replace him? They have lost some very good QB’s to transfers now this. Could make it interesting in the East
giphy.gif

IMO, Fromm needs another year. Didn't seem to progress from last year. While he's never going to be drafted over Lawrence if he stays another year, he might be the 4th or worse QB drafted this year vs. perhaps 2nd next year (Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Hurts (?), Eason (?), et al). He'll obviously get drafted and may turn out to be a really good QB in the NFL. He just didn't consistently play like an NFL talent this year, imo.

I take the other position. Fromm isn't a hugely talented guy........he's just a good, steady-eddie type. I don't know if he's capable of putting up high 1st rd draft tape. And by a lot of accounts this QB draft class isn't the greatest.......and UGA's losing a lot off their OL and general roster.

Last edited:
Reactions: NavyCat88
King the former QB from Houston is transferring to UGA
I don't think so. Probably Newman, but there's chatter on Costello from Stanford and Brice from Clemson. Beck is already on campus early and he's going to be good. 6'5" with a cannon and can move in the pocket.

Just early projections due to his ability to play all 5 positions and I assume projected growth after next year

I agree...I think Newman is a drop off from Fromm

Newman completion percentage is almost always below 60% in ACC play and it's all short stuff. Now he can run a bit with his legs but he's no great QB run threat. I just don't see UGA offensively being anything great w/o Fromm, top OL and Swift while keeping the same OC who was underwhelming.

I think the UK is a legit threat to win the East.
He's going to have different weapons in Athens and now teams are going to have to respect the RPO differently. He's also going to have better pass protection. Looks like it's happening.

I guess UGA will go with Justin Fields, he was the consensus no. 2 QB two years ago, behind Trevor Lawrence. He hasn't played much at Georgia, so who knows what he can do, you know, with a really good team around him. I guess we will see in 2020.

You serious Clark? Fields is at Ohio St. or is there something I’ve missed in your post?

Fromm probably wasn't having any fun in that system. Kirby used him an old school Alabama way as a game manager. Give Kirby a few more years and his QB roster will look more like South Carolinas than Bamas. Fromm was basically used in a 60/40 run pass offense at Georgia. They won games playing like that, but what top QB is going to be happy in their system?

Those guys are looking to develop and showcase skills and go to the next level.

Just how good is this Justin Fields kid?

Fromm probably wasn't having any fun in that system. Kirby used him an old school Alabama way as a game manager. Give Kirby a few more years and his QB roster will look more like South Carolinas than Bamas. Fromm was basically used in a 60/40 run pass offense at Georgia. They won games playing like that, but what top QB is going to be happy in their system?

Those guys are looking to develop and showcase skills and go to the next level.
We throw the ball more than Oklahoma, Clemson and Ohio State.

Reactions: UKUGA
We throw the ball more than Oklahoma, Clemson and Ohio State.

Clemson threw it about 50 more times if you count the throws that the backup had when they pulled Lawrence. Lawrence also threw for around 600 more yards than Fromm.

Fromm threw about 15 more passes and had 400 less passing yards than Fields and had 450 less rushing yards than him.

Hurts threw for a 1000 more yards and rushed for 1300 more yards than Fromm.

Just because you throw a few more short low risk passes doesn't mean you play on a more QB friendly team. Smart is one of the most conservative coaches in the game.

it's a lot deeper than that, his parents are suing Georgia and Mays is a projected top 15 pick in next years draft so leaving now is actually a setback for him as he will have to set out a year

You’re not listening, this is why attorneys are in-play here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT