ADVERTISEMENT

From Rivals Listed Heights/Weights

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
We will look big getting off the bus.

25 listed as 6’ 5” or taller.

17 listed as 310 or heavier.

For a quick comparison, U of L has 19 that tall, and 8 that heavy. And since Brohm’s arrival, have closed some of the gap. They have a few D-linemen over 300 lbs, having had none three seasons, ago.

Malachi Wood is listed at 320 pounds!!

Last edited:
Interesting. Was looking at a roster for Oklahoma. It showed only 3 DL of 300+ pounds. Not sure they are currently built to defend SEC team ground games.

Reactions: CGblue
Key going to 210 will make a difference for him. Can see why Gadson had moved up to 3rd team NG before his injury at a whopping 295. Our biggest two ILB's we have had in a long time starting at 240 and 245.

Last edited:
Interesting. Was looking at a roster for Oklahoma. It showed only 3 DL of 300+ pounds. Not sure they are currently built to defend SEC team ground games.

I hadn't looked at their roster, but playing in Big12 like they were doesn't surprise me. I think they have to play with an extra in the box or just get run over, which makes covering the pass tougher.

Reactions: Lost In FL

Odd that you mention it.

Three years ago I was discussing the importance of having large bodies in the middle of the defense, in-as-much as U of L (then) had no defensive players over 300 lbs., and only one above 290 playing the D-line.

So to prove my point, I researched all of the programs who’d commonly been in the four team playoffs: Bama, UGA, Clemson Ohio State and Oklahoma.

Of those teams, only Oklahoma was devoid of 300 pounders, several D-linemen checking in at 290ish.

I wonder how many Big 12 teams even have Nose Tackles? In the SEC, the better defenses typically boast a monster in the middle, usually 330-350 lbs.

Texas is the exception. Sark gets it and has their roster littered with big bodies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT