ADVERTISEMENT

From boys to men tonight. What a beautiful thing to behold.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
All five freshmen came up clutch. Edwards even had a nice offensive rebound and stick back when we desperately needed some separation.

Bradshaw nailed 3/4 clutch free throws.

Sheppard with a brilliant full court pass to Dillingham.

Dillingham with an extraordinary double-clutch jump shot.

Wagner with that step through left handed finger roll.

These guys became men tonight, and they did it on the biggest stage against a very good veteran team.

Like I said before, any victory over a quality UNC team is the emotional equivalent to 3 or 4 other games.

This thing was enormous tonight.

They don’t carry themselves like freshmen
I was really impressed with Dillingham's and Wagner's poise. They made some incredible shots in the half-court sets.

We need to get out wings going though. Reeves played within himself and Edwards was better tonight, but we need him to take the next step. I wish our guys looked for Reeves a bit more.

@shaudyshaud , I bet you were loving that John Wall sighting tonight, eh? He was courtside and loving every second of it after the game when he was congratulating our guys.

Very surreal seeing Wagner, Sheppard, and Dillingham doing their dancing out there with Wall and Ulis cheering them on from the sidelines.

I love that stuff.

They don’t carry themselves like freshmen
Naw you don't see any panic whatsoever in ANY of them. It's like they been doing this shit all they life at this level and it's nice... Real nice. After the first few games I wasn't seeing that from DJ, but he was tough tonight. The Miami win was big but this win showed the MEN in those boys if that even makes any sense.

@shaudyshaud , I bet you were loving that John Wall sighting tonight, eh? He was courtside and loving every second of it after the game when he was congratulating our guys.

Very surreal seeing Wagner, Sheppard, and Dillingham doing their dancing out there with Wall and Ulis cheering them on from the sidelines.

I love that stuff.
Yessir . I hate seeing him not in the league but I love seeing him courtside supporting the team.

Last edited:
Wagner is becoming the go get you a basket guy
A few possessions there where we knew Wagner had the advantage over his guy so they just cleared out and let him get to the basket and it worked basically every time. As coaches see more tape on that teams will start to collapse or double leading to easy kick outs for wide open threes. And almost any of the other four guys on the court will be able to fade over for the open 3. Gonna fun come March.

A few possessions there where we knew Wagner had the advantage over his guy so they just cleared out and let him get to the basket and it worked basically every time. As coaches see more tape on that teams will start to collapse or double leading to easy kick outs for wide open threes. And almost any of the other four guys on the court will be able to fade over for the open 3. Gonna fun come March.

I do feel that Wagner doesn't look to pass when he gets in that position, though, so as opposing teams adjust and collapse, I suspect he will have a rough half or game with some TOs or poor shooting until he adjusts.

I am sure he has just never had to give the ball up much prior to now b/c he could probably always take guys to the hole and finish anyway...

All five freshmen came up clutch. Edwards even had a nice offensive rebound and stick back when we desperately needed some separation.

Bradshaw nailed 3/4 clutch free throws.

Sheppard with a brilliant full court pass to Dillingham.

Dillingham with an extraordinary double-clutch jump shot.

Wagner with that step through left handed finger roll.

These guys became men tonight, and they did it on the biggest stage against a very good veteran team.

Like I said before, any victory over a quality UNC team is the emotional equivalent to 3 or 4 other games.

This thing was enormous tonight.
Dilly didn’t play his best game, yet still led us in scoring. I agree, even Edwards starting playing in the second half. That’s the Edwards we need.

I do feel that Wagner doesn't look to pass when he gets in that position, though, so as opposing teams adjust and collapse, I suspect he will have a rough half or game with some TOs or poor shooting until he adjusts.

I am sure he has just never had to give the ball up much prior to now b/c he could probably always take guys to the hole and finish anyway...
He actually did pass a lot on his HS team. On thing he did was not force a lot actually. Another kid ran point most of the time and DJ played more combo, but he’s never been a selfish player. He’s never been afraid to kick out for 3, or toss the lob to Bradshaw. He picks and chooses when to drive and look to score very well. He’s so strong it’s hard to slow him down and get there to double him.

Yessir . I hate seeing him not in the league but I love seeing him courtside supporting the team.
John has been at a ton of games this year. I love it. We need to get a couple older legends in the rafters and then start with Wall for all our great Freshman to start getting their jerseys up. Wall is much like Mashburn, a ridiculous recruit that put us back on the map.

I was really impressed with Dillingham's and Wagner's poise. They made some incredible shots in the half-court sets.

We need to get out wings going though. Reeves played within himself and Edwards was better tonight, but we need him to take the next step. I wish our guys looked for Reeves a bit more.
Yes. Impressive. Thought we would crumble after they took the lead, but that's when Wagner and Dillingham really shined. Fearless. And the double-clutch from Dillingham was another one of those lightning fast "whoa" moments.

Adou was awesome tonight! Wagner had 3 different huge shots for us in the second half one early, mid, and another late, his finishing drives me nuts sometimes but i can overlook it with his D, bradshaw is gonna keep getting better loving what i see, and Rob's fearlessness is my favorite he'll make some boneheaded plays but you need a guy who isn't afraid. plus rob's too small hand gesture was too funny near the end of the night. I'm loving this team to be honest, fun game overall. Plus Big O getting a couple blocks was a nice added bonus, that one he had where he got called for a foul was a load of horse crap.

Yes. Impressive. Thought we would crumble after they took the lead, but that's when Wagner and Dillingham really shined. Fearless. And the double-clutch from Dillingham was another one of those lightning fast "whoa" moments.
Dilly gets reckless and takes some bad shots but man he makes some wow plays in between!

Reactions: Jack2936
DJ in particular really made his mark when we needed it most.

And man is it nice to have Bradshaw. Please stay healthy!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT