ADVERTISEMENT

Free Agency

Apr 11, 2024
The transfer portal it isn't. This is strictly Free Agency no different than the NFL, NBA, and MLB. These guys are going to the highest bidder, and those with the deepest pockets are gonna get the players. If you are a coach with a conscience, integrity, and a moral compass, you are probably going to struggle in this environment unfortunately!

Reactions: TFCats11
It’s sickening as a fan. All integrity to the game has been lost. I don’t mind paying players but a salary cap must be put in place.

It’s sickening as a fan. All integrity to the game has been lost. I don’t mind paying players but a salary cap must be put in place.
I'm all for a salary cap. MLB would have a better product if they had one but the MLBPA will never go for it.
The NFL has it and truthfully, they produce a better product.
NIL in its current form is a joke. Don't blame the players, they are just taking advantage of the current form and throw in the portal and we have full blown college free agency. No other way to look at it.

The problem is NIL been challenged a couple times and it got struck down by judges and just keeps getting worse. NIL has spiraled out of control.

Everybody say thanks Ed O'Bannon! Thanks buddy. We know you were broke and you were just trying to find some way to make a fking paycheck. We know. Broke ass mofo got to hustle you know what Im sayin'?

Soooo here we are. Cats out the bag and NIL can't be stopped it seems. Combined with gambling being everywhere I think its safe to say the protections and lessons taught by the 20th century are gone.
The End is Nigh.
FIN

Last edited:
A salary cap would only punish programs that actually play by the rules. If you cap anything, then boosters and coaches will conceal payments that are over the cap. When that happens, it will just be back to how schools used to illegally recruit and pay people under the table anyway, so what good would it do?

Reactions: BigKari
The transfer portal it isn't. This is strictly Free Agency no different than the NFL, NBA, and MLB. These guys are going to the highest bidder, and those with the deepest pockets are gonna get the players. If you are a coach with a conscience, integrity, and a moral compass, you are probably going to struggle in this environment unfortunately!
Yep, right now it is all about money and playing time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT