ADVERTISEMENT

Fr TE Dixon leaving already

You guys gotta stop with the tampering conspiracy theories lol. This is football, kids leave all the time and so what if Louisville is in his ear? Recruiting never stops, it is what it is….. on to the next one. I’ll worry about the ones who are here, not the ones who leave after two weeks

Last edited:
If I had to guess, I’d wager he doesn’t like the role the staff has planned for him, may not even want to be a tight end. In addition we are recruiting the tight end position hard so add all of that together and it could just be your basic unhappy young college kid.

If I had to guess, I’d wager he doesn’t like the role the staff has planned for him, may not even want to be a tight end. In addition we are recruiting the tight end position hard so add all of that together and it could just be your basic unhappy young college kid.

Plus, CJ just left for Eastern & he was helping with the TE group..

Probably not a main reason of course, but could be a contributing factor with other added reasoning & contributing factors

Now now. Let’s be positive
I am, last year didn't work, it wasn't a good fit, it happens. Doesn't mean he was a terrible coach. In fact, I don't at all think that is the case, it doesn't also have to be terrible or amazing, there is a lot of in between and variables in both coaching and players. Some work out, some don't. I like our direction now

New OC. Big TE room. And maybe homesick. Yes, it's odd. But if the kid's heart isn't in it, better for all parties to give someone else the opportunity.

All of those things you said and sometimes after the recruiting is done and the coaching starts it isn't what the kid was expecting. And the big one is he gets on campus and is a lot closer to the bottom of the depth chart than he is the top. All kids think they are good enough to get to the top quick.

He wouldn’t be the first kid to be home sick. Who knows…maybe his GF is going somewhere else?

Homesick? He's <90 miles from home...? OK

I hope it isn't something bigger like a family member being seriously ill, but that makes more sense these days.

Just can't imagine being "homesick" if I was an hour from home. Spent weeks away from home at sports camps and such. Just seems weird and is very disappointing

I’ve been very good friends with his family for years, one of his uncles is one of my best friends. I talked to him tonight, he just shook his head, he’s heard very little in the way of an explanation and the little he’s heard makes no sense. My personal opinion is he got on campus, saw the size and speed of the competition, the level of skill, and the workload required, and was overwhelmed. I get the feeling he was intimidated to the point that he doubted himself and his ability to compete. He’s a great kid, never been away from home, never dreamed he would have a chance to play at that level, and his idea of how things would be, was swept away by a tsunami called REALITY!!! He’s always had his support group in arms reach, and that short 80 miles, seemed worlds away, the mountain was bigger than the moment. JMHO

I’ve been very good friends with his family for years, one of his uncles is one of my best friends. I talked to him tonight, he just shook his head, he’s heard very little in the way of an explanation and the little he’s heard makes no sense. My personal opinion is he got on campus, saw the size and speed of the competition, the level of skill, and the workload required, and was overwhelmed. I get the feeling he was intimidated to the point that he doubted himself and his ability to compete. He’s a great kid, never been away from home, never dreamed he would have a chance to play at that level, and his idea of how things would be, was swept away by a tsunami called REALITY!!! He’s always had his support group in arms reach, and that short 80 miles, seemed worlds away, the mountain was bigger than the moment. JMHO
Thanks for the info.. hope the kid lands on his feet.

New OC. Big TE room. And maybe homesick. Yes, it's odd. But if the kid's heart isn't in it, better for all parties to give someone else the opportunity.
If you get homesick 70 miles from home, you should never leave your house.

If they are going to tamper with Jacob Dixon, they have a real problem over there. Nothing against Dixon. He can go to school wherever he wants. But UK football is in no way dependent on Jeff Co hs football.
While we may not be "dependent" on Jeff Co HS football, we need to pluck the ones we can from there to keep UofL honest.

Kentucky was the best offer he received, so he either didn't think he would get on the field or didn't want to be here for some reason. I don't think Louisville offered at the time, but if he were to go there now, they probably did tamper with him.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
Wrong

The commitment required at WKU or EKU is the same as UK

The players are different (B, F, S) but the commitment is the commitment.

One could absolutely argue the commitment is even more if it's a smaller school. Big money schools provide the athletes way more resources to fulfill the commitments whereas smaller schools require the student athletes to carry more of that responsibility

Reactions: UKdondee
It does happen from time to time that a guy gets on campus and his heart no longer in it or it’s more than they wanted. You get to this level and it’s not just weight and football anymore. It’s a full time job.
A lot to this. My daughter signed with UK and they had big expectations for her and the week they were to check in the dorm decided she was through playing and wanted to be a normal student etc normal life without the full time commitment of athletics. It is a full time thing and that coming after years of already full time travel ball etc there's definitely a burn out factor.

While we may not be "dependent" on Jeff Co HS football, we need to pluck the ones we can from there to keep UofL honest.
We disagree here. I don't believe UK football recruiting has anything at all to do with keeping UL honest. Why would it? UL is in a different conference and they aren't even competitive with us. I can't promise you that UL will never, ever bet us again. Flukes can happen in competitive sports, particularly in a home and home series. But I can assure you that UL will not be a significant factor in Mark Stoops' strategic recruiting decisions. I also don't believe Jeff Co is currently a priority UK recruiting area. The quality of hs football and the number of legitimate SEC prospects have slipped badly inside Jeff Co in the last decade and I don't foresee that changing anytime soon. That's Brohm's problem, not ours. We recruit all over the eastern US.

I don't think we will see Brohm taking that many Jeff Co players either. So far, the only Kentuckian Brohm has taken is Boykins from Ratcliff. He hasn't even offered any Jeff Co prospects.

Last edited:
We disagree here. I don't believe UK football recruiting has anything at all to do with keeping UL honest. Why would it? UL is in a different conference and they aren't even competitive with us. I can't promise you that UL will never, ever bet us again. Flukes can happen in competitive sports, particularly in a home and home series. But I can assure you that UL will not be a significant factor in Mark Stoops' strategic recruiting decisions. I also don't believe Jeff Co is currently a priority UK recruiting area. The quality of hs football and the number of legitimate SEC prospects have slipped badly inside Jeff Co in the last decade and I don't foresee that changing anytime soon. That's Brohm's problem, not ours. We recruit all over the eastern US.

I don't think we will see Brohm taking that many Jeff Co players either. So far, the only Kentuckian Brohm has taken is Boykins from Ratcliff. He hasn't even offered any Jeff Co prospects.
Copy this post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT